PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TTr 230

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bthomas

Bike : None yet

TTr 230 Empty
PostSubject: TTr 230   TTr 230 Icon_minitime10/31/2011, 7:35 pm

I got a ttr230 for my wife for Christmas, don't tell her.(hopefully it will get me out of a hot water for buying my ktm 530.) anyway, it is a 2005, with no mods, has anybody heard of anything I should to to this to improve it. I already dropped the front forks an inch and then the rear spring the same, so she feels safer on it, let me know. thumb
Back to top Go down
75monza

75monza

Bike : 2006 KTM 950 Adventure

TTr 230 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TTr 230   TTr 230 Icon_minitime12/12/2011, 3:15 pm

Improve what part of it? If you want to make her more comfortable on it, simple things like bark busters can do wonders. Barkbusters can inspire a little confidence in newer riders (I don't know her skills or abilities) because it will make them feel safer by protecting the hands from sticks, brush, and trees. They don't feel so exposed. Did wonders for my girlfriend. If you have them and she doesn't...

If you want performance, hit up your favorite search provider for sure. You can re-gear it, install new exhaust (supposed to do wonders for the 230), port the head, de-dingleberry it (sounds like there was a lot of extra casting material left in the exhaust ports or head). Open the air box up. Jetting.

How far do you want to go? Big bore kit?
Back to top Go down
dhally

TTr 230 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TTr 230   TTr 230 Icon_minitime12/12/2011, 5:15 pm

If she's anything like some of the women I know, start thinking along the lines of ease of use, comfort and fashion. Is it quiet? Jetting adjustments to make it easy starting and smooth running. Maybe gear it down to make launching easier.

If you get hand guards, for heaven's sake get color-matched ones!

Comfortable equipment is important, too. The helmet must fit, etc.

good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TTr 230 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TTr 230   TTr 230 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TTr 230
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: Bike Mods/Tech Tips/How To Articles-
Jump to: