PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello - new member coming your way!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rskiba

Bike : Harley Davidson Road King CVO

Hello - new member coming your way! Empty
PostSubject: Hello - new member coming your way!   Hello - new member coming your way! Icon_minitime10/13/2012, 3:24 pm

Hello all! My name is Rob and I am moving to the Kennewick area due to a job change with my company. I had a 2012 Super Tenere but ended up selling it this past summer as I really got tired of riding gravel roads here in Nebraska. Wish I had known about the job move before I sold it baldy

I have been riding motorcycles since high school and really have the ADV bug but living in NE did not warrant the Super T as we don't have fire roads or water crossings here. All those plans to take a trip with the bike just weren't feasible when you have to ride 1000's of miles before the adventure part even starts.

Current rides are all Harley - Road King CVO, Ultra Classic Limited and a softail Slim.

I plan to buy a bike very soon as part of the move. Need some advice - - - 2013 BMW F800GS, KTM 500 EXC or Triumph Toger 800 XC. I know there is quite a difference here between the Beemer/Triumph and the KTM. I really do not enjoy very technical, difficult single track. Looking for those fire roads and water crossings mainly. I watch the WABDR DVD at least once a month and am looking for that type or riding, but if the KTM would be a better choice, need some advice please on other choices.

Hope to be out there with my wife permanently in May 2013. I will be working back and forth between Kennewick and Omaha until then.

Glad to be here on the forum and thanks for the help in advance!

--Rob
Back to top Go down
Relaytech

Relaytech

PostSubject: Re: Hello - new member coming your way!   Hello - new member coming your way! Icon_minitime10/13/2012, 5:20 pm

Welcome to the forum, Rob. If your looking to do rides like the wbdr, (which you can find a ride report on this forum for that ride) the BMW F800GS is a great bike for that! The KTM 500 EXC is too light for that trip, in my opinion, only because of the long road miles to and from the route. The KTM 990 Adventure or maybe the KTM 690 Enduro R would be good choices. The Triumph Tiger 800 XC would probably be good too, but I don't know anyone who has one. Hope that helps a little.
Back to top Go down
rskiba

PostSubject: Re: Hello - new member coming your way!   Hello - new member coming your way! Icon_minitime10/13/2012, 5:25 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Living in Kennewick, which bike would be the best suited for off road riding? Meaning, given that location is the GS the best choice? Is it the bike of preference for other ADV riders in that part of the state?

-Rob
Back to top Go down
Relaytech

Relaytech

PostSubject: Re: Hello - new member coming your way!   Hello - new member coming your way! Icon_minitime10/13/2012, 5:39 pm

If you want to ride from your house and hit up some forest roads and maybe even some easy jeep trails, then yes, the F800 GS is great! I wouldn't say that it is THE bike of choice, it is very popular, but lots of folks ride the GS 1200. There are also a few KTM 990 Adventures and I have a friend with the Yamaha Super T. Another popular bike is the Kawasaki 650 DualSport (forgot the actual name).
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Hello - new member coming your way!   Hello - new member coming your way! Icon_minitime10/13/2012, 6:14 pm

Welcome, hi!
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: Hello - new member coming your way!   Hello - new member coming your way! Icon_minitime10/14/2012, 8:47 am

Welcome
Back to top Go down
rskiba

PostSubject: Re: Hello - new member coming your way!   Hello - new member coming your way! Icon_minitime11/22/2012, 12:17 pm

I ended up with a 2013 KTM 500EXC!

Looking for folks to ride with anytime after 12/1. Can you ride here almost year round?

--Rob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello - new member coming your way!   Hello - new member coming your way! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello - new member coming your way!
Page 1 of 1