PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Juniper Question.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

Juniper Question. Empty
PostSubject: Juniper Question.   Juniper Question. Icon_minitime11/14/2012, 8:16 pm

Ok... here it goes....... Can you ride Juniper all year?

I hate loading up a bike to haul it to a riding destination, but it gets cold here in Whineatchee. So, I would be willing to haul it once or twice if there was some good riding for a sixfiddy pig. My bro in law would probably go also. He has a pig too. So what is it like there. I road the Odessa 100, did I like it? NO! So is it all whooped out and only going to be fun on a MX bike?
Back to top Go down
mamacone

mamacone

Juniper Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juniper Question.   Juniper Question. Icon_minitime11/14/2012, 8:52 pm

Juniper, is whooped out if you stay on the trails. You can do a bunch of boon docking and avoid most of the whoops. Juniper is a little bit of everything, does not have to be all sand or all whoops, you will have sections of both. You can ride Juniper most any time. Have never been on a DR650, not sure how one would do at Juniper, I know it was not real fun on a KLR. My KLR was sold after one trip to Juniper.
Back to top Go down
dhally

Juniper Question. Empty
PostSubject: What bike for Juniper   Juniper Question. Icon_minitime11/14/2012, 9:48 pm

I rode my XR400 there, not too bad but did a hard high-side and bruised my chest bad

My daughter rode her XR80 around close to the truck, didn't have much fun. Saw another lady ride an XR100 all over the place, although she had some trouble with a couple of the hills.

On my KTM 640ADV - rode to the parking lot, talked with some ADVriders, left without trying. No way!

Gasgas 300 2 stroke - just right! I could throw huge rooster tails, and fly off things with ease.

Saw another ADVrider try to ride a KTM 950 there - he crashed in the parking lot and ended his ride early.

I'm planning to try out the WR250R there but not expecting great results - not enough power.

It's really just a big play area, and the roads around it are private so don't stray...
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Juniper Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juniper Question.   Juniper Question. Icon_minitime11/20/2012, 6:25 pm

Hum.. Maybe I will try it . Can you ride there Jan/Feb? Come that time it will be fun just to get out and rev the motor in the parking lot. big
Back to top Go down
dhally

Juniper Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juniper Question.   Juniper Question. Icon_minitime11/20/2012, 7:48 pm

Just check the weather report in case it's below freezing or really foggy. Plus we do get snow that hangs around for a few days sometimes. Hmmm... might be fun in the snow...
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Juniper Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juniper Question.   Juniper Question. Icon_minitime11/20/2012, 8:11 pm

A little bit of snow doesn't scare me. Bitter Cold does. Thanks for the info guys. I will post up if it plans out.
Back to top Go down
KnightRider

KnightRider

Bike : KTM XCW 450

Juniper Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juniper Question.   Juniper Question. Icon_minitime11/21/2012, 6:33 pm

If you didn't like the Odessa 100 you probably won't like Juniper. There aren't too many sections without whoops or sand - just not the best on a 650. Like Mamacone says, there are some areas where you can boondock around the sagebrush. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Juniper Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juniper Question.   Juniper Question. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Juniper Question.
Page 1 of 1