PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Looking for a good route - Shelton to Porland west of I-5

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mole-Man

Mole-Man

Bike : XT 225

Looking for a good route - Shelton to Porland west of I-5 Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a good route - Shelton to Porland west of I-5   Looking for a good route - Shelton to Porland west of I-5 Icon_minitime4/14/2013, 12:41 pm

I am looking for a route from Shelton WA to Portland OR that avoids I-5 and the coast.

Why:
I was looking at the Portland Alley Sweeper ride in April
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2013/03/portland-alley-sweeper-urban-enduro/
Then I thought it would be cool to take my XT 225, but it wouldn't be cool riding it on I-5 and the eastern mountain routes are all snowed in that time of year. And, the coastal routes I've done too many times before and I want to be riding on dirt (even if only a forest road).

There are a lot of east\west running roads in the southwest part of the state but not many north/south roads. But, there seems to be a lot of forest roads on Google Earth. Can they be ridden on? Any one got any experience with that part of the state?

The Alley Sweeper ride is this weekend, so this is more for next year and the mental exercise of remote route planning and GPS preparation.
Back to top Go down

Looking for a good route - Shelton to Porland west of I-5
Page 1 of 1