PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Giant Loop Hand Guards

Go down 
+3
n16ht5
Inspector
Hodakaguy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

Giant Loop Hand Guards Empty
PostSubject: Giant Loop Hand Guards   Giant Loop Hand Guards Icon_minitime1/30/2014, 5:14 am

I've ran MSR hand guards during the winter for the past couple seasons and really like the added weather protection they offer.  I recently ordered up a set of the GL hand guards to replace the MSR units with and finally got them mounted up.  

I really like the new GL guards, they are bigger/taller and should do a better job at keeping the cold wind off my hands.  I also like rubber strap system for mounting and the lack of Cordura fabric covering that the MSR units had (they got torn very quickly).  Top notch :thumb

With either units I like to drill a small hole in each hand guard and mount them to my plastic guards with a bolt.  This makes the whole unit super solid and keeps them from moving around while on the trail.  

Comparison shot between the MSR and the GL guards.  I also prefer the looks of the GL units!  

Giant Loop Hand Guards P1262075-1

And mounted up.  

Giant Loop Hand Guards P1292201

Giant Loop Hand Guards P1292203

Giant Loop Hand Guards P1292202

You can see the bolts I added to keep the guards rock solid.  

Giant Loop Hand Guards P1292199

Rubber mounting straps, these work great and are a big improvement over the MSR fabric straps.

Giant Loop Hand Guards P1292214

Giant Loop Hand Guards P1292221

They come in real handy on rides like this  deal 

Giant Loop Hand Guards DSC07837

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Giant Loop Hand Guards   Giant Loop Hand Guards Icon_minitime1/30/2014, 5:55 am

Man, they are just hideous looking!  I'll admit, there have been a couple of rides I've gone on where they would have been extremely welcome though.
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: Giant Loop Hand Guards   Giant Loop Hand Guards Icon_minitime1/30/2014, 9:18 am

your bike has dumbo ears now  big  grip heaters?
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: Giant Loop Hand Guards   Giant Loop Hand Guards Icon_minitime1/30/2014, 5:00 pm

LOL....I've gotten where I actually like the looks of them on the bike  big  After using the MSR's for a couple seasons I don't ride in the winter without them, they work great! I hate being cold!

Hodakaguy

Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: Giant Loop Hand Guards   Giant Loop Hand Guards Icon_minitime2/2/2014, 9:10 pm

Did your gas milage drop ? scared  find a big windshield and you have yourself a fully dressed KTM ! big
Back to top Go down
Chris6_85

Chris6_85

Bike : 2013 KTM 500 EXC

PostSubject: Re: Giant Loop Hand Guards   Giant Loop Hand Guards Icon_minitime2/15/2014, 1:11 pm

your guys bikes over there on the east side are way to clean... when u all want to come over the west side and ride some real singletrack?  make a weekend at walker valley and have some fun with inspector and i and the whole west side gang. we can give u a single track tour you will never forget....

let me know we would love to have u boys this way
Back to top Go down
purplepeopleeater

purplepeopleeater

Bike : 08 KTM 530

PostSubject: Re: Giant Loop Hand Guards   Giant Loop Hand Guards Icon_minitime2/25/2014, 8:01 pm

Chris6_85 wrote:
your guys bikes over there on the east side are way to clean... when u all want to come over the west side and ride some real singletrack?  make a weekend at walker valley and have some fun with inspector and i and the whole west side gang. we can give u a single track tour you will never forget....

let me know we would love to have u boys this way

We just keep them clean, we have naches fairly close and blue mountians...some gnarly root/mud/rock infested single, I need to go soon.
Back to top Go down
PeteN95

PeteN95

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: Re: Giant Loop Hand Guards   Giant Loop Hand Guards Icon_minitime3/4/2014, 9:30 am

How much top speed did you lose?  ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giant Loop Hand Guards   Giant Loop Hand Guards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Giant Loop Hand Guards
Page 1 of 1