PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TRIALS!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike M

Mike M

Bike : CRF250X

TRIALS! Empty
PostSubject: TRIALS!   TRIALS! Icon_minitime6/2/2014, 2:59 pm

Hey guys, Wanted to show you my latest ride. It's a 99 Beta 250 Techno trials bike. It's unreal fun to ride this thing. I got this to have fun and improve my off road riding skills. No other thing has improved my riding as much as this bike. I have watched tons of riding videos and even been to a dirt bike school and none did more to teach me then riding trials. 38 years of riding off road did nothing to prepare me for trials. Its a different world for sure. If you look into the top 10 extreme enduro riders, you will find almost all of them come from a trials riding background. Throttle, clutch control, braking and balance are taken to a whole different level then anything you would need on a off road bike. I can tell you that riding fast is real easy compared to trials. I never thought it would be such a workout to go so slow. 20 minutes in my trials area is like riding a 30 minute moto at full speed. And I never exceed 5 mph. You use different muscle groups and techniques then any other kind of riding. Now I can ride right through stuff on my 250x that leaves all by buddies flailing and paddling through. Hugh improvement in my skills in just a short time. And the local trials club http://www.inwta.com/  has a great bunch of very friendly riders always willing to help you. If you want to improve your riding get a trials bike and ride. It only takes a small area to set up for trials practice. I got some pallets, telephone poles, combine tires, wire spools, 55 gallon drums and rocks to ride around on in the backyard. The bikes are super quiet so you neighbors may not even know your riding. Check out this page from the western district trials club, these guys have been posting all sorts of great vids about how to ride trials and how to cross train with your off road bike. Very helpful stuff, We all want to be better riders right?  There is lots of vids like this on their site. Check it out. vid is at the bottom of the page. http://www.wdtc.org.au/cross-training-enduro/cross-training-enduro-skills.htm 

Here's a short vid of one of trials best riders demonstrating unbelievable bike handling skills. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUHGRX6AH78

This is my Beta...

TRIALS! 877_zps9b8972f1

TRIALS! 869_zpsf095e3a8

TRIALS! 600-evolution-trials-rider_zps79e2c900
Back to top Go down
purplepeopleeater

purplepeopleeater

Bike : 08 KTM 530

TRIALS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIALS!   TRIALS! Icon_minitime6/10/2014, 9:35 am

Cool, trials bike is on my list to have...I have land now so a big course can happen  big
Back to top Go down
Mike M

Mike M

TRIALS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIALS!   TRIALS! Icon_minitime6/10/2014, 10:10 am

Get one, you will not regret it. And hurry up, I need someone to practice with. big
Back to top Go down
purplepeopleeater

purplepeopleeater

Bike : 08 KTM 530

TRIALS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIALS!   TRIALS! Icon_minitime6/10/2014, 10:35 am

yeah, spending my wad getting ready for big trip in nevada  cheers 

Might be a winter item ill try to get.
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

TRIALS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIALS!   TRIALS! Icon_minitime6/13/2014, 10:11 pm

is that an 88 CR ??

cool trials bike
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
Mike M

Mike M

TRIALS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIALS!   TRIALS! Icon_minitime6/26/2014, 1:23 pm

Hi, Thanks. The CR is an 85. I got it new in 87. Its a great bike. I just wish it was easier to start Sad Well I should say easier to kick. It starts right up if you can kick it hard enough.
TRIALS! 101_1131
Back to top Go down
Fivehundie

Fivehundie

Bike : Honda CR500 (3), XR650L (aka: Oink)

TRIALS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIALS!   TRIALS! Icon_minitime6/26/2014, 3:26 pm

Sweet ride Mike!  I would imagine that machine has scaled many hills at Hover.

If you ever decide to part with that monster I'd be interested.   Got to love all that POWER  scared
Back to top Go down
Mike M

Mike M

TRIALS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIALS!   TRIALS! Icon_minitime6/28/2014, 12:04 pm

Thanks fivehundie, Your right about it being all over hover and Honda heaven. Tons of gas burned at rd68 dunes in Pasco way back in the 80s. Juniper and Moses lake. Its fun in the sand. Not ready to sell it yet. It would be like losing a family member. I don't ride it much with the modern bikes being so good now. My 450 has plenty of power and is so easy to start. But I do get it out for a backyard moto every once and a while. Looks like you have a few of your own anyway. What years are yours?
Back to top Go down
turnsleft

Bike : 09 KLX 351

TRIALS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIALS!   TRIALS! Icon_minitime6/30/2014, 10:32 am

I is amazing how much of a workout a trials bike is. :Slaphead: 

My 05 Montesa 4RT

TRIALS! IMG_0735-L
Back to top Go down
Mike M

Mike M

TRIALS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIALS!   TRIALS! Icon_minitime6/30/2014, 11:52 am

Now that's a nice bike! You can't beat Honda power. I hope to own one of those someday. Drool  I met a guy with a 07 Montesa and I rode it a bit. Really enjoyed the smooth 4 stroke power. I found it fit my riding style very well. Your right on the workout thing, why would anybody want to go to a gym when they could just ride one of these. Much more fun and rewarding then any gym I have ever been in. And my riding skills do not improve when I step into gym like they do when I ride trials. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TRIALS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRIALS!   TRIALS! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TRIALS!
Page 1 of 1