PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

pc fan on 03 ktm 525

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
willy525exc

willy525exc

Bike : 03 ktm 525 exc

pc fan on 03 ktm 525 Empty
PostSubject: pc fan on 03 ktm 525   pc fan on 03 ktm 525 Icon_minitime6/23/2014, 7:48 pm

So i went to evans creek orv park this weekend and my buddy had to bail on me so i was alone and didnt want to hit the single track trails. i ran into a guy i know from a local jeep club and they were having a work party to pick up trash and fix some bad parts on the trails. so i figured since i was there i would help them out. i was following him up a trail about four miles at snail speed and my bike got hot and was steaming out my overflow. i shut it off and let it cool down for a while and i only lost about 4 ounces of coolant. i started looking at fan kits on ebay today and found some that use a 12v dc pc fan. i looked up the specs on these fans about 63cfm compared to trail ttechs fan at about 120cfm. i have never had overheating problems with my bike and i will probably never be in that same situation i was thinking that one of these fans set up properly would be good security. so should i have some fun experimenting with a decent pc fan for 1/4 the cost or should i buy a trail tech fan kit or something similar? any input or experience with this would be awesome. someone also wanted to see some pics of evans creek but my camera got turned on in my backpack and battery died. i will get some pics soon its only about 30 minutes from my house.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: pc fan on 03 ktm 525   pc fan on 03 ktm 525 Icon_minitime6/24/2014, 8:09 am

I knew a guy that used the pc fan because of the HUGE price difference on his bike.  Honestly never heard another word about it after he did it so not sure, but I think it was fine.  He did a little research into it and I swear there wasn't that much of a difference between the cfm though.  It's been a few years so don't remember scratch 

personally i'd go with the trail tech or oem since I would f$ck something up otherwise..LOL :Slaphead:
Back to top Go down
dhally

PostSubject: Re: pc fan on 03 ktm 525   pc fan on 03 ktm 525 Icon_minitime6/24/2014, 10:28 am

Go with the kit.  I assume it has the proper connectors, fuses, and maybe a thermostat?  Much easier to troubleshoot and replace components if needed in the future.  The fan on my WRR just failed and a new fan only is $150!!!  I got a used one on ebay, you might check there and also on ADVrider or KTMtalk to see if somebody is parting one out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pc fan on 03 ktm 525   pc fan on 03 ktm 525 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pc fan on 03 ktm 525
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: Bike Mods/Tech Tips/How To Articles-
Jump to: