PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wallulla Gap

Go down 
+3
XCR500Rider
richard.bessey
stuckinmud
7 posters
AuthorMessage
stuckinmud

stuckinmud

Bike : BMW R1200GS

Wallulla Gap Empty
PostSubject: Wallulla Gap   Wallulla Gap Icon_minitime3/27/2009, 5:21 pm

Here are a few photos I took while exploring around the Wallula Gap.

Wallulla Gap Dakar_12

Wallulla Gap Dakarfinley0023107385

Wallulla Gap Dakarfinley0033179777
By StuckInMud
Back to top Go down
richard.bessey

richard.bessey

Wallulla Gap Empty
PostSubject: Nice pics   Wallulla Gap Icon_minitime3/27/2009, 7:38 pm

Nice pics, got directions on how to get there? Looks familiar, but I can't place it.
Back to top Go down
http://richardbessey.com
XCR500Rider

XCR500Rider

Wallulla Gap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallulla Gap   Wallulla Gap Icon_minitime3/27/2009, 7:39 pm

Cool pics. How do you like the 650? Nice bike.
Back to top Go down
stuckinmud

stuckinmud

Wallulla Gap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallulla Gap   Wallulla Gap Icon_minitime3/28/2009, 1:21 pm

richard.bessey wrote:
Nice pics, got directions on how to get there? Looks familiar, but I can't place it.

Basically go to the end of Ayers Rd in Finely. Head south at the river and go as far as you can. Note: Heading West up the sandy read from there will put in an area your not suppose to have a motorized vehicles. See link below for details.

View Larger Map
Back to top Go down
stuckinmud

stuckinmud

Wallulla Gap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallulla Gap   Wallulla Gap Icon_minitime3/28/2009, 1:36 pm

XCR500Rider wrote:
Cool pics. How do you like the 650? Nice bike.

I think the bike is great. Sort of a do anything kind of bike. Handles the hwy nicely with some creature comforts but can still be manageable when things get interesting off road. The power is nothing to write home about, but it can go much further between maintenance intervals than the lighter performance oriented bikes, seems like a fair trade.
Back to top Go down
Les Peterson

Les Peterson

Wallulla Gap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallulla Gap   Wallulla Gap Icon_minitime3/28/2009, 5:23 pm

stuckinmud wrote:
richard.bessey wrote:

Basically go to the end of Ayers Rd in Finely. Head south at the river and go as far as you can. Note: Heading West up the sandy read from there will put in an area your not suppose to have a motorized vehicles. See link below for details.

View Larger Map

Nice bike you got there.
But I feel that I need to warn you and others, where that sandy road takes off up the hill is or should be posted no motorized vehicles. Good thing the game department didn't catch you or the RR police catch you up there. I'd hate to hear about a fellow rider getting busted so near my house. For the real adventursome there is some single track up there that is fun but there again its posted. Some of the riders on this forum might remember "Honda Heaven" and that is near there.
Back to top Go down
ol guy

ol guy

Bike : 06- KLX 351

Wallulla Gap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallulla Gap   Wallulla Gap Icon_minitime3/30/2009, 11:30 am

I thought the area along the tracks was the game refuge. I did'nt know the hills were posted too.
Back to top Go down
stuckinmud

stuckinmud

Wallulla Gap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallulla Gap   Wallulla Gap Icon_minitime3/30/2009, 12:55 pm

ol guy wrote:
I thought the area along the tracks was the game refuge. I did'nt know the hills were posted too.

My understanding is everything South of Ayers is off limits to motorized vehicles. I believe Kennewick General Hospital still owns the land and leases it to a Rancher. Anyhow it's not posted vary well and you can easily get in there with out seeing a sign. Note: If you get cought in there, you will get a $100+ ticket and going to court to fight it wont help.

I don't know what the deal is down along the river bank but it scenic down at the end of Ayers road, with the grass all green this time of year.

Mountain bikes are allowed south of Airs and I highly recommend riding the area. Just about any cow trail makes a great MTB trail.
Back to top Go down
Les Peterson

Les Peterson

Wallulla Gap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallulla Gap   Wallulla Gap Icon_minitime3/30/2009, 3:45 pm

Thats correct, as to the area by the RR tracks, I've seen the BNSF Police out here quite a bit lately so I wouldn't go playing on or by the tracks or RR right-of-way either, they can get nasty from what I've heard. I do wish that area was opened again though. It was closed off in '96 due to deer hunters driving all over the fields during hunting season. That used to be great riding and only 2 miles from my house too.
Back to top Go down
ol guy

ol guy

Bike : 06- KLX 351

Wallulla Gap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallulla Gap   Wallulla Gap Icon_minitime3/31/2009, 9:24 pm

Crap, I followed some motor cycle tracks out there Geo caching several times. Wonderful riding, glad I didn't get caught.
Back to top Go down
mamacone

mamacone

Wallulla Gap Empty
PostSubject: South of Ayers   Wallulla Gap Icon_minitime4/6/2009, 9:23 am

ol guy wrote:
Crap, I followed some motor cycle tracks out there Geo caching several times. Wonderful riding, glad I didn't get caught.

It is posted and not legal to have a motorizized vehicle on. I know Focker and I were given tickets last spring. We went to court and it was dismissed because of poor signage. Sure is beautiful area.
Back to top Go down
rww

Wallulla Gap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallulla Gap   Wallulla Gap Icon_minitime4/7/2009, 3:03 pm

Hey stuckinmud

How do you like that BMW ? Is it smooth....engine vibe's ? I have been looking at some Dakar models looks like the 05 and later is the more powerful/improved bike. I never seem to make it to the breakfast meetings but would like to.....anyway thought I'd ask.
Back to top Go down
stuckinmud

stuckinmud

Wallulla Gap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallulla Gap   Wallulla Gap Icon_minitime4/9/2009, 7:58 pm

rww wrote:
Hey stuckinmud

How do you like that BMW ? Is it smooth....engine vibe's ? I have been looking at some Dakar models looks like the 05 and later is the more powerful/improved bike. I never seem to make it to the breakfast meetings but would like to.....anyway thought I'd ask.

Sorry for the delay I didn't get notified you posted. Anyway for a big thumper it's suppose to be the smoothest and it certainly gets the best gas milage. I'm sold on fuel injection. The later dual spark engines are suppose to be a little better with surging but I don't know if you could tell as far as power goes. I tried out severl big thumpers and figured the Beemer was the best for my type of riding. It can run all day on the road without beating you up to bad and I can keep up with most guys in the dirt. Hope that helps. Fill free to give me a haller if you want my opinion on a GS you find for sale.

Everything there is to know on a F650 can be found here at f650.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wallulla Gap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallulla Gap   Wallulla Gap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wallulla Gap
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Washington Riders :: Central-
Jump to: