PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tieing her down

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Tieing her down Empty
PostSubject: Tieing her down   Tieing her down Icon_minitime11/3/2009, 8:02 pm

in a pickup.

You know what would be really helpful for me.....a couple of pictures and then pointers.

Last year had a buddy haul my butt home after a flat. The rear end of the bike scooted out to the side as we started out. Luckily he saw it and pulled over so we could fix it. Really didn't feel comfortable with the way it was strapped, (actually didn't care, just wanted to get it home) would have been nice to know how to securely tie a bike down.
Back to top Go down
MortimerSickle

Tieing her down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tieing her down   Tieing her down Icon_minitime11/4/2009, 9:04 am

On a slippery bed, I have often used extra straps, mounted to the swing arm, or some other low point to keep the rear centered.
Back to top Go down
ol guy

ol guy

Bike : 06- KLX 351

Tieing her down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tieing her down   Tieing her down Icon_minitime11/4/2009, 9:44 pm

Tieing her down Naches6-27-09002-1

I tie the front wheel to both sides of the bed. That way the front end can't turn and the forks don't haft to be sucked down as far.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Tieing her down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tieing her down   Tieing her down Icon_minitime11/5/2009, 6:51 am

Sweet, thank you.
How much do you compress the suspension when tieing it down?

I know they sell some sort of fork guards or something so they don't compress which would keep the front from moving. Does the rear ever move around when hitting bumps in the truck?
Back to top Go down
ol guy

ol guy

Bike : 06- KLX 351

Tieing her down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tieing her down   Tieing her down Icon_minitime11/5/2009, 5:02 pm

Inspector wrote:
Sweet, thank you.
How much do you compress the suspension when tieing it down?

I know they sell some sort of fork guards or something so they don't compress which would keep the front from moving. Does the rear ever move around when hitting bumps in the truck?
I compress them just enough that the straps don't come off going around corners. One guy on the kawasaki forum used a piece of 2x4 to make a piece that went on top of the tire and up into the bottom of the finder to keep the front from diving. I quit using the rear straps , found that I didn't need them.
Back to top Go down
Woofhound

Woofhound

Bike : Wee-Strom & TW200

Tieing her down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tieing her down   Tieing her down Icon_minitime4/22/2010, 9:26 pm

in 30 some years i've never tied the rear down. just compress forks enough to keep it from tipping, you don't need to bottom them out. If by chance i leave the bike in the truck overnight, i release the straps a bit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tieing her down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tieing her down   Tieing her down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tieing her down
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: General Bike Discussion-
Jump to: