PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dynabeads

Go down 
+2
griz901
Inspector
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Dynabeads Empty
PostSubject: Dynabeads   Dynabeads Icon_minitime4/18/2010, 8:15 am

Well I got my order a few days ago and decided to give them a try last night.
Dynabeads DSCF1204

This instructions are crap, but luckily everything is self evident and easy. The bags the beads are in are not "easy open/easy pour" like they say. Just regular sealed bags that you must be very careful opening/pouring. I didn't loose a single bead, so you know it's easy thou.

Front tire went off without a hitch. Here are the weights I removed from it.
Dynabeads DSCF1205

The back tire was where things went wrong. There was something wrong with the valve stem because it wouldn't come out. I was getting pissed. (baseball game got rained out so I was a little wet and cold) Tried the core remover tool. Tried a few different needle nose pliers. Tried some other things that I forget now. By this time I'm throwing stuff around and decided, screw it, bring out the heavy artillery.
Dynabeads DSCF1206

You've heard of the saying "hind sight is 20/20"? Well maybe this wasn't the brightest idea.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Dynabeads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynabeads   Dynabeads Icon_minitime4/18/2010, 8:27 am

I'm just kidding. Took that picture for fun. Actually the stem cap has a built in core remover that I had used earlier in the year. Seems as thou a piece of it, being plastic and all, broke off inside the stem. That's why the real core remover tool wouldn't work. I think after wiggling and turning the whole thing just came out.

The rear tire took a lot longer. Used 3oz of the beads instead of 2 like the front. Also I bought some filtered valve cores with the kit. This one would not seat in there so ended up using the old one. Need to email the company and see what they say. As they were only $1.20 each, I don't think it is worth my time to send it back.

I'll give a ride report in the next few weeks, but honestly I don't think they will make much of a difference. I mounted the old rear tire incorrectly (didn't match up the light spot of the tire with the valve stem) the first time but put weights on to match it anyway. This time I mounted the tire in its correct position, but didn't move the weights. Really didn't notice any difference the two times I rode.

We will see.
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

Dynabeads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynabeads   Dynabeads Icon_minitime4/18/2010, 8:30 am

Inspector wrote:
Well I got my order a few days ago and decided to give them a try last night.

The back tire was where things went wrong. There was something wrong with the valve stem because it wouldn't come out. I was getting pissed. (baseball game got rained out so I was a little wet and cold) Tried the core remover tool. Tried a few different needle nose pliers. Tried some other things that I forget now. By this time I'm throwing stuff around and decided, screw it, bring out the heavy artillery.
Dynabeads DSCF1206

You've heard of the saying "hind sight is 20/20"? Well maybe this wasn't the brightest idea.

Dynabeads Jjen I was thinking (scary, I know)

• A workbench - good start
  • Motorsickle parts - getting better
  • A bottle of wine - this is going to get interesting! Dynabeads Pot
  • Bottle of wine, motorsickle, power tools...
  • PRICELESS!
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

Dynabeads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynabeads   Dynabeads Icon_minitime4/18/2010, 8:32 am

Inspector wrote:

Dynabeads DSCF1206

Is that your valve stem or a rim lock? If it's your valve stem I would recommend leaving the nut off the valve stem, that way if the tire does slip a bit on the rim the valve stem will just turn sideways instead of tearing the tube. I really think that valve stem nuts were invented by the tube companies to sell more tubes. (even more important if your not running a rim lock)

Let us know how the beads work out.

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Inspector
Inspector

Dynabeads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynabeads   Dynabeads Icon_minitime4/18/2010, 8:37 am

Thanks Tom, (yes it's the valve) that is a good idea that i just haven't done. Something about leaving nuts loose is hard to do. I think you're right thou and will probably at least back it off a good ways and tighten the two nuts against each other.

*I have sheared off the stem doing between 50-60mph. Not fun!
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

Bike : XR650L , 990KTM

Dynabeads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynabeads   Dynabeads Icon_minitime4/19/2010, 8:35 pm

Dynabeads 99711 a bottle of wine, Dynabeads 589118 a sawz-all , an inner tube, am 20,000 little plastic balls, Dynabeads 471708 Dynabeads 453157 oh ya ,this is gonna be a night to remember Dynabeads 601673 very curious of how they work??? let us know.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Dynabeads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynabeads   Dynabeads Icon_minitime4/20/2010, 6:40 am

Well, not much to report yet. Went for a ride that ended quickly. I was riding a little to aggressively for my new rear tire I guess. Took a turn with too much throttle and had the back swinging around. Got her under control just fine, but got stung by a bee right in the throat a couple of seconds later. Ended up going home to check air pressure and make sure everything was OK with the tires.

*All speeds up to 65mph seem fine (thou it is hard to tell with new 606's on)
I need to test speeds above 75mph. That is when my front used to go crazy.
Back to top Go down
jphrse

jphrse

Bike : BMW R1200GS

Dynabeads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynabeads   Dynabeads Icon_minitime4/20/2010, 8:30 am

Did this to my truck well not Dana beads but I used airsoft pellets and they seem to be doing great. My next set of bike tires I will go with the Dana beads, it is nice not to have to worry about shearing weights of and having to re balance.
Back to top Go down
TheFlying"W"

TheFlying

Bike : '03 WR450F, 2009 Vmax

Dynabeads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynabeads   Dynabeads Icon_minitime4/20/2010, 7:30 pm

I ran Dyna Beads in my Goldwing for over a year, and they seem to have made the wear on the front tire much more even. Never any instability issues, and no ugly weights on your wheels. We liked them so much, we bought a big box and run them in all our customers tires when we change their tires. Don't know about how they work on a dirt bike tire. It will be interesting to see how they work for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dynabeads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynabeads   Dynabeads Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dynabeads
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: General Bike Discussion-
Jump to: