PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

after market handlebars and risers

Go down 
+5
Shane
TheFlying"W"
Backwoods Boogie
GSwannabe
duffiejack
9 posters
AuthorMessage
duffiejack

duffiejack

Bike : honda xr650l

after market handlebars and risers Empty
PostSubject: after market handlebars and risers   after market handlebars and risers Icon_minitime4/27/2010, 3:55 pm

Anybody put handlebar risers on a xrl650? If i put risers on the stock bars should i just upgrade the handle bars too. Also will all the controls(i.e turn signals, horn button etc.) fit on aftermarket bars like the stock ones? If anyone has done this mod or part of it let me no how it went. And what brands etc.Thanks Duffiejack. after market handlebars and risers 241248
Back to top Go down
GSwannabe

GSwannabe

Bike : Honda XR650L 2008

PostSubject: risers   after market handlebars and risers Icon_minitime4/27/2010, 4:30 pm

I have wondered the same thing. I have seen vendors that sell risers that also bring the bars back towards the riders and inch or so. Rox sells an extener that pivots. That sounds like a disaster wating to happen. I would like to do this as well but not sure if my cables would be long enough. Custom cables? changing bars from 7/8 stock to a larger diameter sounds cool but then what about the throttle assembly. I am almost 6'5" and standing on the pegs I am bent way more that I would like. My fear is I would would have to get a riser and also bars that are bent taller. I'm hoping there is someone out there that has some real good insight on this.

after market handlebars and risers Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Backwoods Boogie
Backwoods Boogie

Bike : XR650R - Concours 14

PostSubject: Re: after market handlebars and risers   after market handlebars and risers Icon_minitime4/27/2010, 4:50 pm

I stuck with the 7/8" bars and put the CR High Bend S.E. Pro Taper bars and the 2" Rox risers on my 650L.

No cable or wiring issues..... after market handlebars and risers 5543

after market handlebars and risers Hpim4627
Back to top Go down
GSwannabe

GSwannabe

PostSubject: Improvement   after market handlebars and risers Icon_minitime4/27/2010, 4:59 pm

Was it a big improvment?
Back to top Go down
TheFlying"W"

TheFlying

Bike : '03 WR450F, 2009 Vmax

PostSubject: Re: after market handlebars and risers   after market handlebars and risers Icon_minitime4/27/2010, 5:05 pm

While I have never put risers on a dirtbike, I have done many on snowmobiles, ranging from 1" all the way to 10". The last set I installed was a ROX 4"-8" adjustable riser. Never had a problem with it moving at all. The most you can get away with without changing out all the cables and brake line is about 2", but that is on a sled where the bars are not moving in relation to the front end. There are options out there, but as far as I know, nobody makes a 'kit' that has risers, cables and brake lines all together. As far as taller bars, those are great to a limit, because the longer the bend, the more they will flex.

I have toyed with raising my bars about 1" as well, to help me stand a little straighter when I'm on the pegs. You can find what you need, it will just take a little research on your part. Let us know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Backwoods Boogie
Backwoods Boogie

Bike : XR650R - Concours 14

PostSubject: Re: after market handlebars and risers   after market handlebars and risers Icon_minitime4/27/2010, 6:39 pm

GSwannabe wrote:
Was it a big improvment?

Yes, huge improvement. It really opened up the cockpit, got the bars off my thighs while sitting.

Overall, the grip position was raised up ~ 4". No more hunching over while standing.
Back to top Go down
GSwannabe

GSwannabe

PostSubject: Sold!   after market handlebars and risers Icon_minitime4/27/2010, 6:45 pm

I'm sold. Thank for your time answering this post. There are so many combonatons to choose from.
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: after market handlebars and risers   after market handlebars and risers Icon_minitime4/27/2010, 7:06 pm

here is a pic of my 1" risers from procycle. all i had to do was remove the gas tank to rearange a couple cable ties. this gave me enough cable to have no trouble with binding, pinching, ect. love the way they make the bike feel. these are just 1 " spacers put between the triple tree and bar clamps. honda's are not set up like this.

after market handlebars and risers Cell_p10
Back to top Go down
duffiejack

duffiejack

Bike : honda xr650l

PostSubject: handle bar risers   after market handlebars and risers Icon_minitime4/27/2010, 8:39 pm

thanks so much guys! Backwood boogie i will research this a little more, and probally get what you got. That set up is exacctley what i was looking for. Thanks for the pics. Duffiejack
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: after market handlebars and risers   after market handlebars and risers Icon_minitime4/28/2010, 9:43 am

get bigger bars! I got 1" pro tapers, because I bent my 7/8" ones every other ride.
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
PeteN95

PeteN95

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: Re: after market handlebars and risers   after market handlebars and risers Icon_minitime5/4/2010, 11:50 am

I'm 6'6" and just replaced the CR hi bars that were on my XR650R when I got it with Tusk ATV hi bars (4 3/4" rise!) from Rocky Mtn. ATV. They work great and I highly recommend going with the tapered bars, they are much stronger than any 7/8" bars. Still using stock cables too!
Back to top Go down
dunkan

dunkan

Bike : 07 Honda 250X, Christini AWD

PostSubject: Re: after market handlebars and risers   after market handlebars and risers Icon_minitime6/21/2010, 6:31 pm

It looks like these guys covered the risers pretty good. If you want the best and tuffest bars outthere buy a set of fastflex bars they are IT. They have about 2" of travell with replacable elastimer disks with I think 5 different levels of cussion. Ive been using the same pair for 5 years they've been hit hard many times and are still perfect. Fasst Company really should give me a couple pair of these, because now most the people i ride with, have tried mine then went out and bought em.
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: Re: after market handlebars and risers   after market handlebars and risers Icon_minitime6/21/2010, 6:39 pm

I am too cheap to offer any advice as good as what has been presented here. after market handlebars and risers 75677
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: after market handlebars and risers   after market handlebars and risers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

after market handlebars and risers
Page 1 of 1