PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2 stroke power valve help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
oring212

oring212

Bike : 2011 ktm 450 exc

2 stroke power valve help Empty
PostSubject: 2 stroke power valve help   2 stroke power valve help Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 2:08 pm

Ok so I don't know much about 2 strokes and I having some issues with my nephews 98 cr125. I replaced the right side case cover gasket, and right power valve cover(leaking) when I put it back together I just hooked the actuator arm (attached to case) to the powervalve linkage fought with it a little bit then the case went on, buttoned every thing up and took it fo a rip. Well now it boggs at full throttle bad. If i ease the throttle to almost 3/4 throttle it doesn't bogg but as soon as I stabb it it boggs.an there is little if any speed gain from 4th gear up. It feel like its not hitting full power. put it this way, it got smoked by a crf150r, yes 150r. I think it make have something to do with that powervalve. Was i supposed to line something up or set timing up some how when i reattached that accuator arm. when i took it appart i diddnt put it on DTC. Diddn't think I needed to. Any help would be great ly apprecitated.
Back to top Go down
75monza

75monza

Bike : 2006 KTM 950 Adventure

PostSubject: Re: 2 stroke power valve help   2 stroke power valve help Icon_minitime12/16/2010, 10:31 am

Did you ever get this sorted out? It sounds like you don't have it assembled correctly. I am new to the power valve thing myself and am still learning about them, but my KDX had similar issues. When you got on it hard, it would clack and make funny noises. I took it apart to replace the inner clutch cover and replaced the power valve shaft on my KDX. When I took it apart I found that my power valve didn't appear to be lined up right inside the case. I haven't had the chance to try it out yet, but I am hoping that I am better.

There are a lot of ways to put the bike back together, but there is only one way to assemble the power valve so that it works the correct way.

I love my old Husky. No power valve and much simpler to put back together.
Back to top Go down
oring212

oring212

Bike : 2011 ktm 450 exc

PostSubject: Re: 2 stroke power valve help   2 stroke power valve help Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 12:36 am

Actually I took it apart and lined up the actuator arm. Put it back together..and the same thing...now that I'm mobile again I decided to tackle it again last Friday. I drained the tank and I couldn't believe it. There was a bunch of crap in the bottom and the petcock was plugged.so I cleaned every thing up checked out the carb and noticed it was underjettet...as if it were at 5000 ft elevation.so I changed. The jetting move the needle clip up a notch.cleaned. the Carb. Out completely, mixed amsoil intercept 2stroke 50:1.(that's what the bottle said )...and to my amazement that bike ran like a raped ape....night and day power difference..runs crisp and clean..... its alive!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 stroke power valve help   2 stroke power valve help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 stroke power valve help
Page 1 of 1