PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

wash, idaho,montana

Go down 
+2
n16ht5
big jer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
big jer

big jer

Bike : XR650L , 990KTM

wash, idaho,montana Empty
PostSubject: wash, idaho,montana   wash, idaho,montana Icon_minitime8/29/2010, 10:54 pm

more to come!!wash, idaho,montana Dscn0510

just a couple of ''teaser'' pics!!

wash, idaho,montana Dscn0512
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject:    wash, idaho,montana Icon_minitime8/30/2010, 8:08 am

More pics! lurk

That bike looks like a lot of fun to cruise on.
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: Re: wash, idaho,montana   wash, idaho,montana Icon_minitime8/30/2010, 7:36 pm

cheers My boy and I saw you guys heading northbound on Saturday morning. Glad you made it home safe. cripple
Back to top Go down
YAMAHAULER

YAMAHAULER

Bike : '81 XT500H, 2005 XR650L, 83 Big Red

PostSubject: Re: wash, idaho,montana   wash, idaho,montana Icon_minitime8/30/2010, 8:00 pm

lurk
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Re: wash, idaho,montana   wash, idaho,montana Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 2:12 pm

Hey Jer - that mountain top in your first picture had 3 inches of snow on it this morning Gahhh La NiƱa

Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

PostSubject: Re: wash, idaho,montana   wash, idaho,montana Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 8:20 pm

[img][/img]mechanically declined cuz an i have been picking a spot each year to ride to for a few years now, started out goin to prudoe bay alaska on our 650L hondas a few years ago. now that we got everyones '' dream ride '' done first, we can go to things a little closer. it's hard to get our schedules to meet up at the proper time, therefore we pick a spot, a day to leave , and a destination. from there we let the chips fall where they may, so to speak. we had planned things earlier this year, buut wash, idaho,montana 423485 work seemed to get in the way. cuz called an said he had a few extra days off in late august an said let's go some where, i said i had just the place. there's a fella in montana that's got a jug of pendelton whiskey that belongs to me, an i got to go get it before the s.o.b. drinks it him self, cuz said ''ok'' let's go. we would leave on wednesday an take all the dirt an back roads we could find. cuz has got a very nice gps. that came with his 990, well let me tell ya, we probably would have been done with our trip 3 days earlier if it wern't for that wash, idaho,montana 59444 thing. we missed so many turns, took the wrong roads an had to back track. it's a good thing i have spent alot of time in northern idaho and montana, an have been most of the places or were going. cuz got home from kansas, or nebraska, or one of those flat lander states on tuesday morning, i worked an 18 hr day that starter at 3 a.m. so we left with our ass's draggin. the night before we left we loaded an checked over the bikes, cuz loaded his bike up an it looked like the beverly hillbilly's, he had shit strapped all over that poor bike. he was about to loose an eye puttin rubber bunji cords on, until i took pitty on him an gave him some ''rok straps'' wash, idaho,montana 5543 those things work great.wash, idaho,montana Dscn0417
the first day we left home an went to ione wa, around sullivan lake on all back roads an then an 80 mile stretch of dirt to sandpoint idaho, where we stayed the first night. cuz noticed he was leaking oil around his clutch cover, an i'll be damned if he didn't figure it out on his own. the bolts on the cover had came loose wash, idaho,montana 682341 . we snugged them up an all was well again. this is the top of the pass before dropping in to sandpointwash, idaho,montana Dscn0418
the next day we heade for lake kookanusa, north of libby montana, stopped at libby dam on the way an took a look wash, idaho,montana Dscn0420

looking up the lake from the top of dam. wash, idaho,montana Dscn0421
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

PostSubject: Re: wash, idaho,montana   wash, idaho,montana Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 8:36 pm

after goin around the lake we rolled in to columbia falls montana, we stopped at the '' blue moon'' to quench our hunger and thirst, i called griz to tell him we made it an got directions to his den. we left the blue moon, which is close to griz's den. we rode around for quite a while as i was trying to remember what he told me on the phone,but all i could remember was the good lookin bar tender at the blue moon wash, idaho,montana 675814 so i called again an talked to mrs. griz, an thought we had it, well after a third phone call, griz came to our rescue on his brp an showed us the way to his home.wash, idaho,montana Dscn0422

griz agreed to take us out for a guided trip up to pole bridge the next day so we talked for quite a while an decided we'd meet for breakfast at 8:00 am an head out . the next day it cooled off a bit, an was just right. this is the fwash, idaho,montana Dscn0513
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

PostSubject: Re: wash, idaho,montana   wash, idaho,montana Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 8:48 pm

the 3 of us at upper white fish lake[ i think ??]wash, idaho,montana Dscn0514

saw this an i was reminded why i let cuz tag along wash, idaho,montana 391375 ''bait'' wash, idaho,montana Dscn0515

stay tuned, more pics still to come.
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

PostSubject: Re: wash, idaho,montana   wash, idaho,montana Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 9:21 pm

the best thing cuz did on the hole trip, was get this pic of me, this stretch of rode a blast!!!

wash, idaho,montana Dscn0516

of course he was a tad late on griz, but boy griz can sure colapse that suspension!!! wash, idaho,montana Icon_porc wash, idaho,montana Dscn0517
a little look of what we were forced to look at all day wash, idaho,montana Dscn0518
we stopped for a little break along the upper flathead river wash, idaho,montana Dscn0519

went up the road a bit further an came to the u.s. & canadian border pot that had been shut down. i'm sure ''big brother'' knew we were there an was probably listening in on our conversation wash, idaho,montana 965943 wash, idaho,montana Dscn0520
talked cuz in coming down by the river with me for a picture on the river, wash, idaho,montana 391375 i figured we would get to see the 990 on it's side with cuz under it, which would make an awesome picture,buut he friggin made it wash, idaho,montana 503529 he really disapointed me here. wash, idaho,montana Dscn0521
wash, idaho,montana Dscn0522

stay tuned, more tomorrow!!
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Great stuff   wash, idaho,montana Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 9:41 pm

pig great stuff! pig

oink oink... lol

After seeing that picture I better check my fork seals eek2
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

PostSubject: Re: wash, idaho,montana   wash, idaho,montana Icon_minitime9/2/2010, 9:27 pm

after we left the border we headed down to pole bridge, on the way i had to stop and tighten the bolts back up in my wind shield. those ''fine'' montana roads griz took us on seemed to loosen it up a bit. put a dab of blue loctite on them an we were good to go. once we got to pole bridge we had come home made hotpocket style sandwitches wash, idaho,montana 5543 they were damn good too. then we heard the rumble of a katoom, a guy from alberta rolled in on a 950. cuz an i quickly went over an inspected the 950, wondering what fell off of his bike along the way. it all seemed to be there, except one of his gas caps were open. got a pic of all the bikes wash, idaho,montana Dscn0510
cuz an griz goin down the road
wash, idaho,montana Dscn0511
after that pic we headed back to town, i picked up my '' jug of hooch'' we said our good bys an cuz an i rode off into the sunset. we went to town got a room, went to the bar an had a couple [dozen] wash, idaho,montana 589118 drinks an some food. we talked about our route for the rest of our journey, until about 3a.m., wash, idaho,montana 870982 when we were ''told'' is was time to go. we awoke about 8a.m. cuz looked like he'd been shot at an missed, and shit at an hit. the next few hours were hard on cuz. we headed up to hungry horse resevour, cuz stopped many times. wash, idaho,montana 953642
about 3 in the after noon cuz said he was feelin wash, idaho,montana 5543 so we headed for thompson falls montana along the thompson river road
wash, idaho,montana Dscn0514[
cuc must have been feelin a little better cause he could see me getting some action shots over my shoulder, an was waving to the camera
[url=https://servimg.com/view/14684093/152]wash, idaho,montana Dscn0515

some of the road an the thompson river, must be pretty good fishing. saw lots of fly fishermen
wash, idaho,montana Dscn0516
the lolo forest boundry
wash, idaho,montana Dscn0517
this as where the thompson river road meets the highway, thompson falls is about 5 miles where we stayed the night. cuz said he was gonna turn in early that night wash, idaho,montana 391375
wash, idaho,montana Dscn0518
stay tuned!!! last leg of the trip tomorrow. thompson pass, mullen pass , wallace , avery, via the old rail road grade, tunnels , tressels, got some pretty good pics.
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

PostSubject: Re: wash, idaho,montana   wash, idaho,montana Icon_minitime9/4/2010, 3:47 pm

a pic i forgot to post from the river at the border above pole bridge wash, idaho,montana Dscn0519
we left thompson falls with a route planned over mullen pass which is a dirt road off of thompson pass which would drop us in to wallace idaho, the turn for thompson pass is just on the edge of town. cuz said he had it all programmed in the gps wash, idaho,montana 682341 [ ya right] he would lead the way!! when he drove right past the thompson pass turn off, which also has a sign and an arrow, i knew we were in for an adventurious day. wash, idaho,montana Icon_rolleyes he finally turned around as a was waiting at the turn. he gave some lame excuse about cloud cover, but it was all up an runnin good now. on to mullen pass, gps says turn here. well it wasn't mullen pass an it didn't come out in wallace either, but it did come out at I90 about 20 miles east of wallace. it was the taft river i guess. the road looked like a hole bunch of z's an w's all strung together. had alot of switch backs an was pretty foggy so i only got a few pics. wash, idaho,montana Dscn0520
wash, idaho,montana Dscn0521
wash, idaho,montana Dscn0522
came out in the wrong place[ ha imagine that!! ] so we got out ine of my maps which were a little wet, as we had gotten a git of rain on the way. did some studying an figured we could still hit the old RR grade at the top an down into avery idaho. cuz said his gps agreed with my map wash, idaho,montana Icon_rolleyes [ starting to secong guess my map now] we finally found a farmiluar road which i have been on before.
wash, idaho,montana Dscn0523
the weather had gotten pretty nice an we were happy we knew where we were at so we decided to stop an cook some lunch on the river
wash, idaho,montana Dscn0524
wash, idaho,montana Dscn0527
after lunch we headed down the old RR grade in to avery idaha, then on to saint marys up the saint joe river, lots of atv, single track, dirt roads in this country. rode down here a little bit before. some of these tunnels turn , they are 1 lane, an cars can drive on some of it also. there is '' no ligth at the end of the tunnel '' [ deer use them too wash, idaho,montana 735151 ]
wash, idaho,montana Dscn0528
wash, idaho,montana Dscn0529
wash, idaho,montana Dscn0530
wash, idaho,montana Dscn0531
wash, idaho,montana Dscn0532
we then hit the saint joe river road an the weather didn't look to good so we headed for home. it was only 250-300 miles so we mad it before dark, but close to home we had to dodge a few deer in the road. the trip was about 1200 miles total, with about 400-500 of it dirt. some of the best riding an scenery on the trip was when griz lead us for the day[ thanks bill for the ride an the pendelton] it was nice to finally match a face an a bike to the name griz. living here all of my life, i have always ridden with the same people for years, the last year or so after being on this site, an adv. rider i have met an ridden with alot of new people, and alot of new places. so far i have not met any body that i wouldn't ride with again, or a place i wouldn't go back to. griz is a good shit, an fun to ride with, an b.s. with, and he has good taste in whiskey wash, idaho,montana 5543 will look forward to ridin with ya again bill. soo that's my story an i'm sticking to it, hope you enjoyed the pics as much as i liked gettin them!!!

p.s. a picture of mrs mogoolin's bike on the saint joe river road .earlier this year i was down there riding and mrs. magoolin popped her rear tire at about 50 mph. wash, idaho,montana 735151 she was all over the road an i watched the hole thing happen. she started to go side ways one way, an i was thinkin to my self wash, idaho,montana 59444 , then she'd go side ways the other way'',oh wash, idaho,montana 59444 '' an it went back an fourth like that for seemed like for ever, but she managed to keep it up right wash, idaho,montana 5543
wash, idaho,montana Dscn0410
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

PostSubject: Re: wash, idaho,montana   wash, idaho,montana Icon_minitime9/4/2010, 6:51 pm

thumb best 163 motorcycle miles this year!

Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: wash, idaho,montana   wash, idaho,montana Icon_minitime9/4/2010, 8:39 pm

I don't think it was to many drinks!

scratch
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

PostSubject: Re: wash, idaho,montana   wash, idaho,montana Icon_minitime9/4/2010, 8:54 pm

YamWOW! wrote:

I don't think it was to many drinks!

scratch

wash, idaho,montana 294495 wash, idaho,montana 624421 it tasted better than it looks. i got a hole case of ''mre'' meals ready to eat, from a local government agency, for letting them borrow my fork lift to un load a hole bunch of stuff. we packed a bunch of those things, an this was the only one we tryed. we figured not even the u.s. government could screw up chile.
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: wash, idaho,montana   wash, idaho,montana Icon_minitime9/5/2010, 9:30 pm

you need to right a book. nice report, you also need to buy a video camera now and start making your own vids !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wash, idaho,montana   wash, idaho,montana Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wash, idaho,montana
Page 1 of 1