PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TMS Dual Sport Ebay Helmet

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

TMS Dual Sport Ebay Helmet Empty
PostSubject: TMS Dual Sport Ebay Helmet   TMS Dual Sport Ebay Helmet Icon_minitime9/24/2010, 11:46 am

I got tired of not being able to see squat in the rain at night, so I looked at getting a DS helmet... looked at Arai, but couldnt justify $400+ for an occasional use helmet. so off to fleabay I went...

TMS Dual Sport Ebay Helmet 334885918_o

TMS brand Dual Sport helmet. I looked up some reviews, and they were quite mixed. decided to gamble it and ordered...

$35 + $15 shipping... cheap $50 helmet. if it sucked, i figured it would make a good loaner.

got it in the mail yesterday...

WOW I am impressed!

tried it on, very comfortable, on par with my HJC, but the padding feels nicer on the TMS. About the same weight, a little lighter than Arai.

face shield comes down smoothly, offers a decent seal. hardly any visual distortion

mouthpiece vent is adjjustable, open to cllose from inside

looks a little cheesy but who cares

rode to work today (55mi of hiighway and 35mph road) and it worked flawlessly. it only started to fog when I sat in my driveway at 5am when it was 40 deg out.. soon as I got going it was fine. doesnt rattle or make noise on the shield.

visibility is about equal to riding without anything... great

SOO MUCH quieter than my HJC... no more wind howling through my ears.. didnt need ear plugs.

I was just planning on using this in the rain, but i like it so much it might just be my main DS helmet, ill just pack some goggles with me.

for $50 this helmet is 10/10.

compared to the arai I tried, the helmet is 75% of the quality for 10% the price. yeah the Arai is like a headgasm, but I could buy an old CR for that much $.

make sure you get a big size.. I fit a L loosely and a M snug... the L on the TMS was just right however
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: TMS Dual Sport Ebay Helmet   TMS Dual Sport Ebay Helmet Icon_minitime9/24/2010, 3:02 pm

i have been looking for something like this, found one for arouned $100.00 (not the same brand, procycle sells them). i will check this out. do they come in any other colors ?
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: TMS Dual Sport Ebay Helmet   TMS Dual Sport Ebay Helmet Icon_minitime9/24/2010, 4:32 pm

Shane wrote:
i have been looking for something like this, found one for arouned $100.00 (not the same brand, procycle sells them). i will check this out. do they come in any other colors ?

yeah, they have more of a black color, but its an extra $5..

ebay.com search

"dual sport helmet"
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: TMS Dual Sport Ebay Helmet   TMS Dual Sport Ebay Helmet Icon_minitime9/24/2010, 7:56 pm

thumb thanks !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TMS Dual Sport Ebay Helmet   TMS Dual Sport Ebay Helmet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TMS Dual Sport Ebay Helmet
Page 1 of 1