PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Member of this sweet looking forum

Go down 
+5
T.Low
Shane
Relaytech
Hodakaguy
Crankin04
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Crankin04

Crankin04

Bike : 06' KTM EXC 450

New Member of this sweet looking forum Empty
PostSubject: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/8/2011, 4:34 pm

Hey Guys,

Digging this forum already. Anybody in the Central WA area around Wenatchee/Cashmere/Leavenworth that want to ride sometime? Trails, Roads, etc.? Even guys around the state that want to meet up for a weekend ride would be sweet!

Thanks,

Chris
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/8/2011, 6:39 pm

Crankin04 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Digging this forum already. Anybody in the Central WA area around Wenatchee/Cashmere/Leavenworth that want to ride sometime? Trails, Roads, etc.? Even guys around the state that want to meet up for a weekend ride would be sweet!

Thanks,

Chris

Welcome to the forum thumb Keep an eye out on the forum for upcoming rides etc.

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Relaytech

Relaytech

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/8/2011, 7:51 pm

Welcome to the forum. There are lots of folks on here from your area.
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/8/2011, 8:23 pm

Welcome, I see my link worked. Glad to see you signed up. There is the dirtyface ride coming up on the 18th. you should go. Some of us here and from other sites are going. should be a good time. cheers
Back to top Go down
T.Low

T.Low

Bike : 2010 GasGas EC 450

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/8/2011, 8:25 pm

What's the riding like around Johnny Creek Campground near the end of Lightning Creek road? I like camping there on the water when we used to paddle Lightning Creek, but I wasn't riding then.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/8/2011, 8:50 pm

Welcome, Hi!

*2more weekends of softball then i'm free. I'd like to ride.
Back to top Go down
Crankin04

Crankin04

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 9:46 am

T.Low wrote:
What's the riding like around Johnny Creek Campground near the end of Lightning Creek road? I like camping there on the water when we used to paddle Lightning Creek, but I wasn't riding then.

Hey T.Low

Never ridden around Johnny Creek campground yet. But have done lots around leavenworth area. You should come up and we'll check it out! thumb
Back to top Go down
Crankin04

Crankin04

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 9:48 am

Inspector wrote:
Welcome, Hi!

*2more weekends of softball then i'm free. I'd like to ride.

Hit me up when you can make it over the pass and we'll meet up to ride for sure... cheers
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

Bike : '07 KTM 525 EXC

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 10:40 am

Welcome. So are you from Cashmere or did you move here?
Back to top Go down
T.Low

T.Low

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 12:16 pm

KatoomVictim wrote:

Hmm..twins, seperated at birth. One older by 7 minutes (hence the 75cc difference) Check the records at Cashmere General. deal
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

Bike : '07 KTM 525 EXC

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 12:32 pm

Haha, nope. But I did find out I went to school with him. Welcome Chris.
Back to top Go down
Crankin04

Crankin04

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 12:46 pm

T.Low wrote:
KatoomVictim wrote:

Hmm..twins, seperated at birth. One older by 7 minutes (hence the 75cc difference) Check the records at Cashmere General. deal

Haha that's pretty good there T.Low...Yeah we did go to school together and look forward to riding together for sure.

By the way, Hows the Gasser treating you? I had an 04 450 FSE and sold because of how HORRIBLE the fuel injection was and hard starting! baldy
Back to top Go down
C Denny Run*

C Denny Run*

Bike : 2011 DRZ400s

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 2:38 pm

Welcome to the forum man! Sweet ride big
Back to top Go down
Crankin04

Crankin04

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 2:39 pm

C Denny Run* wrote:
Welcome to the forum man! Sweet ride big

Thanks man! you too!

You ever ride out here on the east side of the mountains? Haven't ridden out on the westside myself lol
Back to top Go down
T.Low

T.Low

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 3:09 pm

Crankin04 wrote:

By the way, Hows the Gasser treating you? I had an 04 450 FSE and sold because of how HORRIBLE the fuel injection was and hard starting! baldy

My buddy has an '04 and has starting problems. Yeah, the Magnetti Marelli ECU on theat and my '05 can wreak havoc with starting. It was weird, if I rode every other day the bike would start right up no problem. But on the occassion that it sat for a week or longer, it was a bear to start. Once on the battery tender it solved the problem. Then poof, the ECU blew. I sent it out for testing and it came back reprogramed and works well. Somehow one of the settings was way off. Now it starts fine.

The 2010 has a completely different system, and is rated quite high I've only had the bike a week (two real rides after the break-in rides.) SO far, it fires right up.

Back to top Go down
Crankin04

Crankin04

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 3:18 pm

T.Low wrote:
Crankin04 wrote:

My buddy has an '04 and has starting problems. Yeah, the Magnetti Marelli ECU on theat and my '05 can wreak havoc with starting. It was weird, if I rode every other day the bike would start right up no problem. But on the occassion that it sat for a week or longer, it was a bear to start. Once on the battery tender it solved the problem. Then poof, the ECU blew. I sent it out for testing and it came back reprogramed and works well. Somehow one of the settings was way off. Now it starts fine.

The 2010 has a completely different system, and is rated quite high I've only had the bike a week (two real rides after the break-in rides.) SO far, it fires right up.

That's awesome to hear. Honestly I was looking at the new gasser's, since I heard the EFI was basically perfected since being introduced in 2004. Just new that a KTM would last me and carburetor's (although I would rather have Fuel Injection) aren't all that bad :P.

I would love to ride sometime and check out your Gasser man. Probably drool with envy though Drool
Back to top Go down
T.Low

T.Low

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 3:36 pm

I'll force you to ride the Gasser so that you know it's me that's so slow and not the bike! :Slaphead:
Back to top Go down
Crankin04

Crankin04

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 3:38 pm

T.Low wrote:
I'll force you to ride the Gasser so that you know it's me that's so slow and not the bike! :Slaphead:

Lol I'm no David Knight myself but would love to wrap-out your gasser pinned and see how she blows thumb

I hear your a Wheelie monster though!? Something I'm a little "impotent" on and need work haha
Back to top Go down
T.Low

T.Low

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 4:02 pm

When you're an old fatso like me, you just plant your arse over the trials tire and twist; pretty simple really.
Also, of course, there's the internet factor: nothing is extreme in reality as it seems to be on the internet.

I do ok, and maybe I'll grab another gear or two while I'm up there, but I'm certainly no wheelie king or whatever. The main thing is that it's so much fun, why spend time not wheeleing when the opportunity presents itself. I'm not a fast rider, but I do enjoy the acceleration and torque.

The fact of the matter is, (and i kinda hate admitting this incase he ever gets on the forum and reads this he may be embarrassed) I rode an xr75 from the time I was 8-10 yrs old, then retired from riding to play football, basketball, baseball, and hockey. Then 35 yrs later, my 37 yr old brother-in-law got diagnosed with cancer and my wife thought I should buy his '05 GG and he could buy the Husaberg he's wanted (leftover '08 FE 550) and he and I could spend time riding together. It's been a yr and a half, he's doing really well, and we're closer than ever.
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 4:18 pm

T.Low wrote:
When you're an old fatso like me, you just plant your arse over the trials tire and twist; pretty simple really.
Also, of course, there's the internet factor: nothing is extreme in reality as it seems to be on the internet.

I do ok, and maybe I'll grab another gear or two while I'm up there, but I'm certainly no wheelie king or whatever. The main thing is that it's so much fun, why spend time not wheeleing when the opportunity presents itself. I'm not a fast rider, but I do enjoy the acceleration and torque.

The fact of the matter is, (and i kinda hate admitting this incase he ever gets on the forum and reads this he may be embarrassed) I rode an xr75 from the time I was 8-10 yrs old, then retired from riding to play football, basketball, baseball, and hockey. Then 35 yrs later, my 37 yr old brother-in-law got diagnosed with cancer and my wife thought I should buy his '05 GG and he could buy the Husaberg he's wanted (leftover '08 FE 550) and he and I could spend time riding together. It's been a yr and a half, he's doing really well, and we're closer than ever.

AWSOME ! Its great to here that dirt bikin helps with cancer. It is always good to here stories like this. Hope he get through it.
Back to top Go down
RENO

RENO

Bike : 07 KLR 650 2012 Cristini AWD 450DS

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 8:06 pm

Shane wrote:
Welcome, I see my link worked. Glad to see you signed up. There is the dirtyface ride coming up on the 18th. you should go. Some of us here and from other sites are going. should be a good time. cheers

looking forward to dirtyface myself but i hear today they have a snow problem and the rout will have to change a lot scared
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member of this sweet looking forum   New Member of this sweet looking forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Member of this sweet looking forum
Page 1 of 1