PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Discovery Pass

Go down 
+6
Hodakaguy
Shane
YamWOW!
Inconceivable
T.Low
Inspector
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Discovery Pass Empty
PostSubject: Discovery Pass   Discovery Pass Icon_minitime7/18/2011, 3:51 pm

Went and got mine. They told me that it would be a good idea to laminate it since the paper it's printed on has a tendancy to bleach out in the sun. They didn't tell me the paper was also thermal. Now what?!?!?! Swear Swear Swear

*can you laminate something without heat?
Back to top Go down
T.Low

T.Low

Bike : 2010 GasGas EC 450

Discovery Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery Pass   Discovery Pass Icon_minitime7/18/2011, 4:44 pm

@ Walker Valley I assume the Disco Pass stays in the rig at the parking lot? (not on the bike)
Back to top Go down
Inconceivable

Inconceivable

Bike : 2010 KTM 530 EXC

Discovery Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery Pass   Discovery Pass Icon_minitime7/18/2011, 5:18 pm

I have used the standard clear two inch packing tape (usually obtained as your total employee compensation package Evil6 ) and layered it on to make water proof. Red Neck laminator wink
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

Discovery Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery Pass   Discovery Pass Icon_minitime7/18/2011, 5:27 pm

Inspector wrote:
Went and got mine. They told me that it would be a good idea to laminate it since the paper it's printed on has a tendancy to bleach out in the sun. They didn't tell me the paper was also thermal. Now what?!?!?! Swear Swear Swear

*can you laminate something without heat?
They can stick it where the sun doesn't shine! topes That would take care of your problem.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Discovery Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery Pass   Discovery Pass Icon_minitime7/18/2011, 5:52 pm

My bad. Should have said I ALREADY laminated it. baldy baldy

*this is your warning. Lol
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

Discovery Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery Pass   Discovery Pass Icon_minitime7/18/2011, 7:15 pm

They sell laminating paper in stores, basicly it is packing tape in a 8x11" sheet. We use it to laminate our ASE certifications.
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

Discovery Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery Pass   Discovery Pass Icon_minitime7/19/2011, 4:55 am

T.Low wrote:
@ Walker Valley I assume the Disco Pass stays in the rig at the parking lot? (not on the bike)

I could be wrong but I thought I read that they are vehicle specific and you'll need one for both the truck and the bike. baldy

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Backwoods Boogie
Backwoods Boogie

Bike : XR650R - Concours 14

Discovery Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery Pass   Discovery Pass Icon_minitime7/19/2011, 6:47 am

Hodakaguy wrote:
I could be wrong but I thought I read that they are vehicle specific and you'll need one for both the truck and the bike. baldy

Hodakaguy

You are correct Sir!

FAQ from the Discovery Pass website.

Q. Can I transfer one Discover Pass among my vehicles? A. No. The Discover Pass legislation specifically states the pass applies to one vehicle.

Q. What is the penalty for not having a Discover Pass on my vehicle? A. The penalty is $99. This penalty is reduced to $59 if an individual provides proof of purchase of the Discover Pass to the court within 15 days after the notice of violation.

Back to top Go down
T.Low

T.Low

Discovery Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery Pass   Discovery Pass Icon_minitime7/19/2011, 7:25 am

"Oly fawhking aye, maun! Gahhh
Back to top Go down
Enduroguy

Enduroguy

Bike : 08 KTM 530 EXC-R

Discovery Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery Pass   Discovery Pass Icon_minitime7/19/2011, 9:22 am

T.Low wrote:
Don't worry bout it Tom, I don't think the pass is required on uni-cycles big
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/enduroguy35
oring212

oring212

Bike : 2011 ktm 450 exc

Discovery Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery Pass   Discovery Pass Icon_minitime7/19/2011, 12:19 pm

Will we need this discovery pass for the naches trip in sept. And if so...we'll need two passes, one for truck and one for the bike..that sucks, that would be the only time id need it this year, every where I go is corp of engineer parks.
Back to top Go down
T.Low

T.Low

Discovery Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery Pass   Discovery Pass Icon_minitime7/19/2011, 3:00 pm

Enduroguy wrote:
T.Low wrote:
Don't worry bout it Tom, I don't think the pass is required on uni-cycles big

Dirt poser

I'm gonna laminate your quote and politely hand it over when they ask for a Disco Pass. deal Whistle
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Discovery Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery Pass   Discovery Pass Icon_minitime7/19/2011, 3:26 pm

oring212 wrote:
Will we need this discovery pass for the naches trip in sept. And if so...we'll need two passes, one for truck and one for the bike..that sucks, that would be the only time id need it this year, every where I go is corp of engineer parks.

F#4# if I know...sounds like you don't need any passes to ride there? Since you are paying at a campsite you don't need one to park..so it's all about the riding.
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

Discovery Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery Pass   Discovery Pass Icon_minitime7/19/2011, 5:41 pm

Here is the map. deal http://www.dnr.wa.gov/Publications/discover_pass_statewide_dnr_locations.pdf For getting $30.00 plus out of everyone you would think you could read their blurry map off the website!
Back to top Go down
tod701

tod701

Bike : CRF250X

Discovery Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery Pass   Discovery Pass Icon_minitime8/1/2011, 7:08 am

T.Low wrote:

The law says that you only need the D-pass if you are required to have a street plate.
If you have an ORV permit and are riding where a street plate is not required, then no D-pass is required.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Discovery Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery Pass   Discovery Pass Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discovery Pass
Page 1 of 1