PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello from the Quad Cities!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gilshafir

gilshafir

Bike : 1999 Honda XR650L

Hello from the Quad Cities! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the Quad Cities!   Hello from the Quad Cities! Icon_minitime11/8/2012, 7:00 am

Hello everyone,
I bought my first bike about a year ago, and since then have been riding quite a bit. I ride a 99' XR650L, slightly modified. I ride 95% off road, the remaining 5% and not by choice, I do on the road(got to get home somehow). The main reason I try to avoid riding on the road is because it's murdering my rear tire (Kenda Trackmaster 2). The knobs on the tire are at about 25%, that's all that is left caused by the little riding that I do on the road. I only had the tires for a few months. Any how, I ordered some handlebar raisers as well as a front fender from acerbis, to put on the XR. I'm 6'3, so I really hope the risers will do me well; they're supposed to provide 30 mm rise.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Quad Cities!   Hello from the Quad Cities! Icon_minitime11/8/2012, 7:28 am

Welcome HI!

*yeah, i leave the trackmasters in the garage until I'm ready to ride with the Big Boys...only happens once a year Sad (then i truck it to the trails). Otherwise i got a guy that has supplied me with some used 606's that last wayyyy longer on the street when i'm girlie riden big
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Quad Cities!   Hello from the Quad Cities! Icon_minitime11/9/2012, 1:14 pm

welcome..

Illinois???

Maxxis Desert IT was the only tire I could run on the XRL without it melting on the slab. try one of those. I was getting 2-3k
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
gilshafir

gilshafir

Bike : 1999 Honda XR650L

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Quad Cities!   Hello from the Quad Cities! Icon_minitime11/11/2012, 6:15 am

Thanks for the help folks, yes I'm from Illinois :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Quad Cities!   Hello from the Quad Cities! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from the Quad Cities!
Page 1 of 1