PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Romppy

Romppy

Bike : 2008 KTM 530 EXC, 2008 KTM 990

Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days Empty
PostSubject: Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days   Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days Icon_minitime6/17/2013, 12:24 am

I had to get my son's 525Exc back up to his place in Deming so I figured instead of loading it in the truck and driving up we would ride them up following the WABDR when we could.
On 6-13 my son and I took off from the Tri Cities and joined section 1 at the Ice Cave out side of Trout Lake. We made it over to section 3 and I beleive we made it up to the Walnut Lake Horse Camp area where we hit snow and it was raining pretty good. After going through a couple of drifts we came to a section that we couldnt get through. We back tracked and ended up in Randal and slabbed it up to Packwood and grabbed a room for the night so we could dry out. Friday we slabbed it all the way over HWY12 to Nile skipping section 4 due to time constraints and started section 5 in Nile. At Ellensburg we again slabbed it up HWY97 and met a friend at the top of Blewett pass and slabbed it down to Ruby Creek and took the forest service roads down through Camas Medow's and then cut over the the Mountain Home Road and dumped out in Leavensworth for lunch. We left Leavensworth and went out through Chumstick HWY and turned up Eagle Creek and took the forest service roads over into the Entiat Valley where we camped on the Mad River. Saturday we went up the Entiat and went up and over Shady Pass and down into Chelan at 25 Mile Creek. It looked like we were the first bikes over Shady Pass this year. It will be a couple of weeks before a truck will be able to get over. From Chelan we went up through Manson and tried to go up through South Navare to Fox Peak in section 9. We got a couple of miles from the top and were turned around by the snow. We back tracked and found a road that cut up to 8020 in section 9 and took it down into the Methow Valley. From there we camped up past Mazama and then slabbed it over the North Cascades HWY into Deming where my son lives. We might try and follow the whole route later this summer. The goal of this trip was to just get his bike backup to his place so we figured we would just ride them up and follow the route when we could. We managed 920 miles in 4 days on a Ktm 530Exc and a 525Exc.
Back to top Go down
Romppy

Romppy

PostSubject: Re: Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days   Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days Icon_minitime6/23/2013, 7:51 pm

Here are some pictures from the trip.
Getting ready for the rain.
Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days WABDR3

Looking down into Leavenworth.
Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days WABDR10

Lunch in Leavenworth
Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days WABDR12

Setting up camp next to Mad River in Entiat.
Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days WABDR13

The  top of Shady Pass. It looked like we were the first wheeled vehicles that made it all the way over this year.
Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days WABDR15
Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days WABDR18
Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days WABDR20
Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days WABDR22
Dropping down into 25 mile creek in Chelan
Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days WABDR25
Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days WABDR30
Lunch in Chelan at a little place near the Cove Marina.
Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days WABDR32
Between Manson and the Methow Valley
Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days WABDR39
Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days WABDR42
Getting ready  to leave Mazama
Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days WABDR47
Back to top Go down
YAMAHAULER

YAMAHAULER

Bike : '81 XT500H, 2005 XR650L, 83 Big Red

PostSubject: Re: Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days   Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days Icon_minitime6/23/2013, 9:29 pm

lurk
Back to top Go down
CrownRoyal

Bike : 2013 KTM 690 Enduro R

PostSubject: Re: Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days   Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days Icon_minitime6/23/2013, 9:41 pm

Now thats a awesome Family adventure.
Back to top Go down
Romppy

Romppy

PostSubject: Re: Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days   Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days Icon_minitime6/23/2013, 10:56 pm

CrownRoyal wrote:
Now thats a awesome Family adventure.
We did have  alot of fun. It was a good  practice run for my son. We have  bigger adventures planned for next summer:bananna:
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days   Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days Icon_minitime6/24/2013, 8:47 am

great shots
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
Romppy

Romppy

PostSubject: Re: Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days   Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days Icon_minitime6/24/2013, 9:26 pm

n16ht5 wrote:
great shots

Thanks! They were all taken with my phone. My camera was left on when I put it in the tank bag and the battery got ran down. I think the phone does a better job than the high dollar camera.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days   Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tri Cities to Deming WA. in 4 days
Page 1 of 1