PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review Empty
PostSubject: AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review   AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review Icon_minitime4/14/2009, 9:55 pm

I just ordered a set of Forma Dominators from Atomic-Moto.Com. They have them on sale for $199.

I’ve been looking for a new set of boots for a while. Since switching from my GS to a XR650R I now need something with more protection. I tried on a pair of Alpinestars and they didn’t fit my feet right (Just walking around in the store). Maybe they needed time to break in? But I also want a boot for ADV riding where if I have to get off and walk a bit to explore something I can. I would like to try a set of Gaerne S12's still but $$$ has kept me from trying a set. Anyways I kept looking.

After having a few people recommend the Forma’s to me I decided to give them a try. According to Atomic Moto they are just like the Hurricane 661’s. I ordered a set in blue size 44 (they were out of red in a 44 AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review Bncry) and had them at the house 2 days laterAtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review Thumb

Initial impression of the boots…..The quality and fit is excellent. The boots are very comfortable on my feet right out of the box. They have a flexible joint in them to allow easier walking and I can walk pretty well in them even before they are broken in (They still aren’t walking shoes but pretty good for a MX boot). The build quality appears to be top notch, the buckles are metal, very robust and easily replaceable, they latch and unlatch very smooth. The inner bootie is very comfortable and I think I read where it is made of some kind of odor resistant material. After a short initial test ride I really like these boots. I’ll do some longer rides soon and see how they go. I’ve talked to several people now that own these boots and swear by them so I’m sure I’ll have good luck with them in the long run also.

Thought I would post this short review up in case someone else is looking for a top quality boot at a affordable price. (Disclaimer: I don't have any connection with Atomic Moto other than buying this set of boots, just sharing what I think is a great deal).

AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review Img2172v

Overall Shot of the Boots

AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review Img2175h

Heavy Duty Buckles

AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review Img2178f

Buckle Open

AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review Img2180z

Pivot Point. This makes Shifting and Walking so much easier.

AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review Img2181c

AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review Img2184k

Inner Bootie

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Backwoods Boogie
Backwoods Boogie

Bike : XR650R - Concours 14

PostSubject: Re: AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review   AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review Icon_minitime4/15/2009, 7:53 am

Nice boots.... thumb

I've got the same boots and I am very impressed with them as well.
The ankle pivot point was key for me. Much easier shifting and braking and not too bad to walking around.

I wished that I had saved the money I spent on my first 2 pairs of boots and just bought the Formas instead.

A lot of boot for the $$$. cheers
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review   AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review Icon_minitime4/15/2009, 8:23 am

Thank you VERY much for this review. Don't have the cash now, but hopefully soon. Haven't really read any good reviews like this. This may just swing me away form a cheap first pair.

*now just need some reviews on pressure suites
Back to top Go down
Relaytech

Relaytech

PostSubject: Re: AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review   AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review Icon_minitime4/22/2009, 5:06 pm

Nice Boots! I wish I could just afford everything I like! Gahhh By the way, a "cheap" pair of boots isn't much less expensive than these.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review   AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boots Review
Page 1 of 1