PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sourdough

sourdough

Bike : xl350r

ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane Empty
PostSubject: ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane   ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane Icon_minitime4/20/2009, 7:14 am

Hello PNW'ers, I'm not new to motorcycles. But like Rip Van Winkle I did nod off for a spell. Like many, last years $4+ gas really awoke me. My retirement and wife allow me time to ride. Last couple years have seen a procession of two wheeled motors in my garage. '78 Honda 50 moped, '75 Yamaha dt125, Hondas, '83 xr200 and '84 xl250r. All enjoyed and really helped easing me back into motorcycle riding. I now have a Kawasaki '0 kl250 Super Sherpa and a '05 klr650. I like these also but can't say how long they will be with me. I am finding newer is better tho I can't shake the fond memories of the bikes I rode in the '70's and 80's. I had some great adventures riding 4 different Bultaco 350 Alpina's in the Sierra Mountains high country. Anyway, yes I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could. I'm another California transplant. It's been a struggle but I've been in Spokane 20 years. Winters are tough but God has blessed the PNW with the promise of summer once again. Looking forward to making new friends and adventures. Let's Ride!
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane   ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane Icon_minitime4/20/2009, 11:03 am

Welcom, HI!

*sounds like you are having fun!
Back to top Go down
Backwoods Boogie
Backwoods Boogie

Bike : XR650R - Concours 14

PostSubject: Re: ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane   ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane Icon_minitime4/20/2009, 12:07 pm

Welcome Sourdough. thumb

Any pics of the Alpinas???
Back to top Go down
RufusRide

RufusRide

Bike : 97 XR650L (NOW A 670)

PostSubject: Re: ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane   ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane Icon_minitime4/20/2009, 8:59 pm

Welcome.
If your ever over in the Wenatchee area, contact me and will do some riding together.

Ralph
Back to top Go down
XCR500Rider

XCR500Rider

PostSubject: Re: ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane   ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane Icon_minitime4/20/2009, 9:45 pm

Welcome man.
Back to top Go down
sourdough

sourdough

PostSubject: Re: ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane   ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane Icon_minitime4/21/2009, 7:58 am

thanks for the welcome. Rufus thanks for the ride offer. I will keep that in mind. What do you ride? I enjoy single lane pavement/gravel and two track. I'm finding single track riding with my KLR650 a little to demanding. I have a second bike. but it will need most suspension mods the carry my butt and gear.
Back to top Go down
sourdough

sourdough

PostSubject: Re: ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane   ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane Icon_minitime4/21/2009, 8:45 am

Backwoods Boogie wrote:
Welcome Sourdough. thumb

Any pics of the Alpinas???

sure
ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane 1972alpina250
ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane UnionvalleyresCamy first Alpina was bought in 1974. this is a '72 250cc which I liked to single track with because of trials gearing.
ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane Bulpen
Around '75 I sold the 250 and bought a '74 350. Then a '76 and in '80 and a '78 in '85. I never paid more than $550 which was for the red '78. This is a 1988 photo of me and my Bull pen.
Within a year the '78 red Alpina and '76 were sold. Just got married. ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane Bultacoalpinas-1
ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane 1978bultacoex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane 74BultacoAlpina350
I kept the '74 around for several more years and was my main ride.
Back to top Go down
RufusRide

RufusRide

Bike : 97 XR650L (NOW A 670)

PostSubject: Re: ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane   ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane Icon_minitime4/21/2009, 12:12 pm

Great Pics.
I started riding in the late 60's, mostly 2smokers (Husky & Yamers).
Now I'm just a slow poke and the Honda 650 is to much for single track.
I up for just about any thing else.
Ralph
Back to top Go down
sourdough

sourdough

PostSubject: Re: ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane   ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane Icon_minitime4/21/2009, 3:51 pm

RufusRide wrote:
Great Pics.
I started riding in the late 60's, mostly 2smokers (Husky & Yamers).
Now I'm just a slow poke and the Honda 650 is to much for single track.
I up for just about any thing else.
Ralph
I gotcha. Same here. Right now I'm looking at a ride up to upper Flathead Valley in MT. Mostly just waiting for the weather to settle a bit. this warm spell is just a tease.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane   ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ex Bull now Kaw rider hailing from Spokane
Page 1 of 1