PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Undecided in Seattle

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
blkdymnd2

Undecided in Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Undecided in Seattle   Undecided in Seattle Icon_minitime6/15/2009, 2:03 pm

Hey all, trying to decide if I should purchase a KLR 650. I am not finding too much riding in or around the Seattle area. Any suggestions on some good ol mountain dirt roads?
Back to top Go down
Les Peterson

Les Peterson

PostSubject: Re: Undecided in Seattle   Undecided in Seattle Icon_minitime6/15/2009, 7:01 pm

One thing about the KLR is you can load it up for a weekend, hit the superslab and in a few hours from Seattle be in some pristine riding country. You don't have to worry about gravel or dirt roads with it either. Of course there are other bikes that may do better, such as the 990 ADV but at way more money, even used. I'd say get it, but then I have one and am biased somewhat. big

Edit; welcome to the forum too.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Undecided in Seattle   Undecided in Seattle Icon_minitime6/16/2009, 6:38 am

Welcome HI!

*I ride with 2 other people (seperate times) with KLR's that do very well. They blow me away going up the pass, but I blow them away on any single track or rocky hill climbing. My riding consists of maybe.....59%pavement, 40%dirt/gravel roads, 1% single track.
Just be truthfull with yourself on what kind of riding you will be doing. If you want to hang out all the time at the ORV parks...maybe the KLR isn't your bike. If you want to put some serious miles on, go further, explore, do some camping, and cost is a factor....go for it.

*There are riding gravel/dirt roads out there, just have to get to them. I haven't explored Granite Falls yet. Index/Jacks pass is on my list. North Bend is fun. Spada Lake is fun. The other places on my list consist of getting a trailer.

Get a bike, I'll show you a few places!!!!!
Back to top Go down
blkdymnd2

PostSubject: Re: Undecided in Seattle   Undecided in Seattle Icon_minitime6/16/2009, 8:32 am

Hey, thanks guys appreciate the advise. I actually did a ride down in Boise ID with the ADR group there - Hells Canyon ride. I rode a KLR 250 which broke ma butt, but was a fun ride. My dad has a 08 KLR 650 and he likes it alot. I met "ladybug" from Spokane on the ride to she advised me to reach out around here. Will have to start hitting up Craigslist and keep an eye out for a bike then.
Back to top Go down
XCR500Rider

XCR500Rider

PostSubject: Re: Undecided in Seattle   Undecided in Seattle Icon_minitime6/18/2009, 3:00 pm

I got rid of my XR650l, and am now been looking at the KLR. I can get a new 09 here for 5500 otd. And it already comes with the large tank and all. You won't be out motocrossing it, but for a solid road/ trail bike, it looks pretty good to me. I would go for one, especially if you live around Seattle. I grew up in Covington and there was a ton of riding out there, but not any more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Undecided in Seattle   Undecided in Seattle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Undecided in Seattle
Page 1 of 1