PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LOOKING FOR RAIN GEAR RECOMENDATIONS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
natty bumppo

natty bumppo

LOOKING FOR RAIN GEAR RECOMENDATIONS Empty
PostSubject: LOOKING FOR RAIN GEAR RECOMENDATIONS   LOOKING FOR RAIN GEAR RECOMENDATIONS Icon_minitime9/23/2009, 5:57 pm

CAN ANYONE RECOMEND SOME GOOD RAIN GEAR?
THE CHEAP STUFF I BOUGHT WITH MY BIKE SUCKS SO I AM ALWAYS SOAKED. IT DOSENT HAVE TO LOOK GOOD IT JUST NEEDS TO KEEP ME DRY.
THANKS
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: First   LOOKING FOR RAIN GEAR RECOMENDATIONS Icon_minitime2/17/2010, 9:32 am

natty bumppo wrote:
CAN ANYONE RECOMEND SOME GOOD RAIN GEAR?
THE CHEAP STUFF I BOUGHT WITH MY BIKE SUCKS SO I AM ALWAYS SOAKED. IT DOSENT HAVE TO LOOK GOOD IT JUST NEEDS TO KEEP ME DRY.
THANKS

A little late to the show, but here goes: http://www.firstgear-usa.com/fgweb3.nsf/home?openform

I can recommend the HT overpants. I wore them last season and also through winter as my outdoor pants. When I first got them I let the kids spray me down with high pressure hose nozzles and not a drip got through. This winter/spring, I've worn them outside in sub-freezing temps with and without the quilted liner. They breath pretty good for a waterproof pant (Hypertex membrane). LOOKING FOR RAIN GEAR RECOMENDATIONS 799451

I have had the outer shell completely soaked for extended periods of time and never got wet on the inside (snow sledding in slush, working outside in cold drizzle and rain, crawling around on the ground in slush, laying in slush, etc.).

There are reports of the crotch leaking if you get a puddle of water on say a street bike seat, but I have not had that problem sitting on my lawn tractor in rain, snow, slush (sometimes the seat is a puddle).

Use the sizing chart at http://www.newenough.com/ but if you don't want to buy new, then there are a lot of used on the market LOOKING FOR RAIN GEAR RECOMENDATIONS 129847

I will say I don't care for the velcro attachments for the padding. I prefer a sewn pocket. They come with dense foam padding in a nylon pocket that is velcro attached inside the legs for knee protection and hip protection.

They also have a jacket zipper pre-installed for attaching to other FG jackets (comes with both zippers so you can sew the jacket zipper into a jacket if you want to).

My sizing was right on because it is designed as a "overpant," that is to say I wear 40/32 jeans and I ordered 40 and they fit perfectly and have about two inches of waste adjustment, a very strong steel hook and button at waste.

Sorry for the long winded response, hope it helps. I would not hesitate to buy a FG Kilimanjaro 4.0 but I got impatient and got a Joe Rocket Honda branded endurance jacket and havn't tested it in the rain yet (this weekend LOOKING FOR RAIN GEAR RECOMENDATIONS 391375 )

Good luck

griz

Last edited by griz901 on 2/17/2010, 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ***sorry, wrong link first go around***)
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: Sorry Admin   LOOKING FOR RAIN GEAR RECOMENDATIONS Icon_minitime2/17/2010, 9:35 am

I should say I believe the vendors of this forum also sell FG products, I just have not purchased anything from them. LOOKING FOR RAIN GEAR RECOMENDATIONS 485621

Support the forum vendors if you can LOOKING FOR RAIN GEAR RECOMENDATIONS 575190
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: LOOKING FOR RAIN GEAR RECOMENDATIONS   LOOKING FOR RAIN GEAR RECOMENDATIONS Icon_minitime2/18/2010, 4:15 am

Frogg Toggs work great and are pretty inexpensive. They also fold up tight for travel on the bike.

http://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/Motorcycle.shtm

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Backwoods Boogie
Backwoods Boogie

Bike : XR650R - Concours 14

PostSubject: Re: LOOKING FOR RAIN GEAR RECOMENDATIONS   LOOKING FOR RAIN GEAR RECOMENDATIONS Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 9:16 am

+1 on the Frogg Toggs.

Very cheap and very packable. Works good as an extra layer when absolutely necessary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOOKING FOR RAIN GEAR RECOMENDATIONS   LOOKING FOR RAIN GEAR RECOMENDATIONS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LOOKING FOR RAIN GEAR RECOMENDATIONS
Page 1 of 1