PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Todays ride Spada Lake

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Todays ride Spada Lake Empty
PostSubject: Todays ride Spada Lake   Todays ride Spada Lake Icon_minitime1/10/2010, 5:04 pm

Wasn't even sure I was going for a ride until the last minute. Woke up at 0500, putted around the house for a little, then decided to hit the road right as the sun was coming up. Hard trying to decide what gear to wear. I figured it would be cold and I would only be on some gravel roads so went with the street gear setup.
Left the house with plans to go up to Skykomish or at least Index and goof around. I made it to Sultan, gassed up and decided I just didn't want to keep going up SR2. Since Spada Lake was just up the road it made the decision much easier.

7miles of twisty pavement before the gravel road starts is fun. Hit the gravel road and followed it up to my first turnoff. The side road went further then I thought, but it was still a dissappointment when it ended.
Some where in the middle?
Todays ride Spada Lake DSCF1013

Of course I didn't take any pictures of all the trees I had to go around. With the street lid I was sweating up a storm. Couldn't see very well either.LOL. I did manage to take a picture of this little twig. Ended up dropping the bike on it.
Todays ride Spada Lake DSCF1010

My bars and guards are so mess up that it only took that little set-down to bend them again. O'well, a little pulling and hitting and they work just good enough.
Todays ride Spada Lake DSCF1011

Road petered out so turned around and tried another. Come across this cool bridge.
Todays ride Spada Lake DSCF1014

Of course this road dead-ended too, as they all do. To bad someone has been using it for there dumping/shooting grounds. I'm always finding cars out in the middle of nowhere. LOL
Todays ride Spada Lake DSCF1017

Todays ride Spada Lake DSCF1016

Trying yet another one. Starts off going over these things. Followed it for a couple of miles before it got to steep on the sides and the road/trail started getting washed out.
Todays ride Spada Lake DSCF1018

Back the way I had come and there was one road left to take. I had been up this way before with a couple of buddies. I was hoping to make it further the we did last time.
Todays ride Spada Lake DSCF1019

Made it pretty far, but a little ways past this rock hit snow.
Todays ride Spada Lake DSCF1024

I was going to try and keep going, but you got slick moss then ice then just a tiny bit of snow to top it off. Hard to walk on the stuff let alone ride on it.
Todays ride Spada Lake DSCF1022

Todays ride Spada Lake DSCF1020

Todays ride Spada Lake DSCF1021

Turned around and decided I had had enough. I was roasting in my gear, hungry, tired, and worn out. Just took it easy going back down. Don't know what happened, must have been going a little fast, came out of a dip and front wheel lofted. Came back down and tossed me to the left a little. Slammed on the front brake too hard (didn't want to fly down the hill) and the rear tire come off the ground about a foot. Guess I'm lucky I didn't go over the bars. Just left the bike there to take a break and relax/cool off a little.
Todays ride Spada Lake DSCF1025

Todays ride Spada Lake DSCF1026

That was my last mishap. Took it easy till I got back to the pavement. I guess it was nice getting out, but didn't have as much fun as I usually do. Just not fun knowing that any little drop and may mess up the guards. Can't wait till the new bars are in, then I'll just have to figure out what to do with the handguards.
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride Spada Lake   Todays ride Spada Lake Icon_minitime1/10/2010, 6:41 pm

Looks like you had a good ride, I really need to get out and hit the trails myself. Pretty clear up there in the woods for this time of year.

Thanks for the post Todays ride Spada Lake 5543

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
TheFlying"W"

TheFlying

Bike : '03 WR450F, 2009 Vmax

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride Spada Lake   Todays ride Spada Lake Icon_minitime1/11/2010, 8:10 am

Good job on the post, and good on ya' for getting out and riding. I had planned on heading out this weekend, but got called away on Saturday, and Sunday was completely fogged in, couldn't see across the road hardly. I guess I will have to get my dirt bike fix this weekend at the Town Toyota Center here in town. They are having an arena cross! Sweet!

Nice pics, Inspector, hope to make it over your way this summer to show me some of the great roads you have.
Back to top Go down
MortimerSickle

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride Spada Lake   Todays ride Spada Lake Icon_minitime1/11/2010, 1:31 pm

Thanks for doing the work for us. Todays ride Spada Lake 84165
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride Spada Lake   Todays ride Spada Lake Icon_minitime1/11/2010, 3:46 pm

TheFlying"W" wrote:
Nice pics, Inspector, hope to make it over your way this summer to show me some of the great roads you have.
I wouldn't call them great, but anytime.

MortimerSickle wrote:
Thanks for doing the work for us. Todays ride Spada Lake 84165
I was thinking of you when I took that last picture. All the times I dropped the bike didn't even get a pic, and the one time I do take a picture, I didn't even drop it. LOL
Back to top Go down
MortimerSickle

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride Spada Lake   Todays ride Spada Lake Icon_minitime1/12/2010, 5:10 pm

Always remember the crash rules: Camera first, then count arms and legs, then pick up what is left of the bike. Todays ride Spada Lake 84165
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride Spada Lake   Todays ride Spada Lake Icon_minitime1/12/2010, 8:39 pm

I already replaced mine once this year. BTW Nice to see you got a new camera. Todays ride Spada Lake 84165
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride Spada Lake   Todays ride Spada Lake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Todays ride Spada Lake
Page 1 of 1