PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Todays ride

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Todays ride Empty
PostSubject: Todays ride   Todays ride Icon_minitime9/26/2009, 5:47 pm

Well, it was just a step up from gravel roads. Got to admit, was a lot more fun thou. Can bomb down some of the grassy roads with little fear of oncoming traffic. Plus I like the slippery feel of the conditions. For some reason gravel is just turning me off lately.

Once again the wifey didn't charge the GPS all the way. Got me out to my enterance to the trails, but that was about it. Really just wanted the compass on it since it's no good on the trails.

This is how they started out. Nice and easy. Slow going because I'm watching for horses (which i saw none of)
*actually think I posted some of this ride before, so pics will look very familiar.
Todays ride Image000-8
*Forgot to mention, been dying to take some friends into this area, but since they are on SM's been hesitant. Didn't get a picture of it but before you can get to the roads, must go down a steep single-track hill. Don't think a sumo could make it very easily.
Trails open up a little bit more.
Todays ride Image001-10

Didn't take long until until they open up to dirt road status.
Todays ride Image002-9

Alright, this is where my choices begin. I can follow the bigger trails that have LOTS of single-track shoot-offs, or I can follow the roads and see if I can find a better way in and out of this riding area. Like an idiot I decide look out for my friends and follow the roads.
Todays ride Image003-9

Lots of gates along the way and I can honestly say I have not had to go around any of them.
*I can't even remember if this one was open or closed, just wanted the number on it.
Todays ride Image004-9

Sign says 8 1/2 mile. Have no clue why. Have passed a lot of ribbons in the trees. I wonder if the loggers use them?
Todays ride Image005-8

Now I come to this gate. Seems as though they put some work into it.
Todays ride Image006-6

Even the sides have rocks and stuff piled high.
Todays ride Image007-6

Now I'm up in an area that I know(kind of) and have been once before.
Todays ride Image008-6
Todays ride Image010-4

Last time I was here I made it to this point and turn around because of low fuel.
Todays ride Image009-3

This time wanted to make it to the end of the road. Pissed me off that it ended less then a quarter mile from where I was stopped.
Todays ride Image011-3

Found another rocky road the bounced me all over. Damn, I either need to lower my tire pressure or adj. my front suspension. It was pretty bad. Picture at the end. What the heck is up with dumped cars? To the left of that one down the hill is another that you can't see. Also along my ride I passed 3 other rusted hulks.
Todays ride Image012-4

This would look cool if it was less foggy and I had a better camera.
Todays ride Image013-2

After that I decided to go out the same way I came in, or at least close to it. Somehow I missed a turn and ended at another couple of gates. Should have taken a couple pics, but it was a work-out trying to get around. Scraped my rear rotor up just a smidge on a couple of rocks, (oops). No damage thou. Saw this sign that says "Way Out" and thought, what the heck let's see if it is.
Todays ride Image014-3

Came to a tee in the road. Went left for a few hundred feet until I came to another sign.
Man I wish this pic had turned out. Basically it says "No hunting, No fishing, No tresspasing for any reason. By order of the Archdiocese of Seattle". I wasn't going to mess with the big boys so turned around.
Todays ride Image016-3

And here is the last gate I had to go through. Luckily it was open. So now I have two ways into this riding area that has dirt roads, trails, and even some single-track, (assuming I can find it).
Todays ride Image017-3
Back to top Go down
XCR500Rider

XCR500Rider

Todays ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays ride   Todays ride Icon_minitime9/27/2009, 10:59 am

Where was that at? Looks familiar. Hell I think your the only one really that rides and is trying to keep this site going! LOL
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Todays ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays ride   Todays ride Icon_minitime9/27/2009, 3:58 pm

XCR500Rider wrote:
Where was that at? Looks familiar. Hell I think your the only one really that rides and is trying to keep this site going! LOL

That was in Duvall/Carnation. Went out today too. Man what a RIDE!! Probably won't be able to post that until tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Todays ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays ride   Todays ride Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Todays ride
Page 1 of 1