PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

dirty face entry form

Go down 
+2
Inspector
Shane
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

dirty face entry form Empty
PostSubject: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 9:04 pm

Last edited by Shane on 2/24/2010, 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 6:33 am

Hey, no fair. I don't see any information....just an entry form
Back to top Go down
TheFlying"W"

TheFlying

Bike : '03 WR450F, 2009 Vmax

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 7:18 am

I think it may be a requirement if you live in the area. I had a great time last year, definitely going again this year. I don't remember the specifics, but I believe it was about 80 or so total miles, some road riding, some single track, but mostly trails. There were checkpoints along the way where you did things like throw darts at a board, or balance a golf ball on your helmet, ride forward and drop it in a bucket. All these things would get you points, and at the end, they give out prizes. It was a ton of fun last year, I'm pretty sure it will be more of the same again this year.
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 7:40 am

Inspector wrote:
Hey, no fair. I don't see any information....just an entry form

sorry inspector, i will try and post the flyer when i get back home. you can look up "lake wenatchee rec. club", there the ones that put it on.

just added the link. check it out
Back to top Go down
TheFlying"W"

TheFlying

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime2/27/2010, 4:00 pm

Sent mine in Thrusday. This is a really fun ride, lots of great terrain, good people, and fun stuff to do. June 19. Look forward to seeing everyone there!
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

Bike : '07 KTM 525 EXC

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime4/15/2010, 1:12 pm

Shane, have you sent in your entry form yet? If not, you need to do so, otherwise, when I'm official and you're "poaching" this ride, I'm going to enjoy my included lunch in front of you and do everything in my power to stop them from pity feeding you dirty face entry form 624421 I'm just kidding, but seriously... Send it in yo!
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime4/15/2010, 3:55 pm

should be this week ! gota get $40.00 extra bucks !
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime4/15/2010, 6:06 pm

You sound like thats hard to come by... why don't you take some of your wifes day care earnings?
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime4/15/2010, 7:43 pm

KatoomVictim wrote:
You sound like thats hard to come by... why don't you take some of your wifes day care earnings?

dirty face entry form 294495 hey, you should know, how long did your bike lean up against my house waiting to have a battery installed. was it six months. your the only one i know with a 2 tone KTM, bright orange on one side, and sun bleached light orange on the other dirty face entry form 624421

ok, your right, 40 bucks should not be that hard to come by, i will get er done ! have fun in oregon.
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime4/15/2010, 7:46 pm

Fawk u! I kept making that monthly payment and driving by every day to and from work and totally did not remember that I had a bike. Shit happens! Besides, the faded side is a fashion statement...
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime4/15/2010, 8:57 pm

Shane wrote:
KatoomVictim wrote:

dirty face entry form 294495 hey, you should know, how long did your bike lean up against my house waiting to have a battery installed. was it six months. your the only one i know with a 2 tone KTM, bright orange on one side, and sun bleached light orange on the other dirty face entry form 624421

ok, your right, 40 bucks should not be that hard to come by, i will get er done ! have fun in oregon.

KatoomVictim wrote:
Fawk u! I kept making that monthly payment and driving by every day to and from work and totally did not remember that I had a bike. Shit happens! Besides, the faded side is a fashion statement...

dirty face entry form 601673 You two sound like a married couple! What a hoot dirty face entry form 966251
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime4/15/2010, 9:00 pm

Yeah yeah, let's get back on topic. Shanes jealous of my 525, hehehe!
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime4/20/2010, 12:16 pm

Send it in yet?
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime5/18/2010, 7:22 pm

Let's bring this thread back to life. This will be my first year attending the Dirty face Dual Sport ride. Shane and I were going to ride this together, but he forgot about his prior engagements and isn't going. I'm a big boy and I can handle being there with hundreds of other people, not knowing any of them, but I'd like to get a feel for who from the forum is going to ride this event this year. W, I know you've said you're going to ride it,unless something has changed. Who else is thinking about it? I'd like to possibly tag along with someone or a group of people instead of going by myself. Any takers? dirty face entry form 628688
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime5/19/2010, 7:39 am

I've heard the dirty face ain't that cool....Too many people trying to prove themselves.
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime5/19/2010, 7:52 am

HAHA, prove themselves at what? It's mostly older guys there. If anything, thats what the Desert 100 is all about, all the young punk "racers" that show up and ride like they're a bunch of badasses.
Back to top Go down
TheFlying"W"

TheFlying

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime5/19/2010, 8:12 am

I've ridden the Dirty Face the last couple of years, and can't say that I have seen anybody trying to 'prove' themselves. There are always some guys that want to try and race these kind of things, but I have never experienced it on this ride. I signed up in the first week and will be going with my regular group of guys. My only complaint about the ride is, it is DUSTY! But that is half the fun. Just make sure you bring plenty of water to drink.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime5/19/2010, 11:03 am

Just what I've heard from about a half dozen guys. They said they wouldn't do it again. I have never done it so I can't say.
Back to top Go down
1911fan

Bike : 2008 KTM 990 Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime5/22/2010, 5:44 am

This will be my second or third 'face, and I recommend it. Great ride through a lot of pretty country. Last time I went I had a great time, it was over 100 miles, mostly on FS roads. There was a gas stop about halfway.
Like all these events, there was a handful of 'racers' who tried to get through the course as fast as possible. Being a slow old fart on a heavy bike, I never saw them after the start.
This year should be the same- another great time! It does have a 200-rider max though, so sign up already and I'll see you there.

1911fan
Back to top Go down
1911fan

Bike : 2008 KTM 990 Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime6/21/2010, 8:25 pm

I sort of had a good time. My odo and the route sheet were in strong disagreement by the second turn at 4.5 miles. One result was a few wrong turns (duh) including going backwards on part of the A course. Worse result was a lot of lost time, so much so that the sweep riders caught up with KatoomVictim and I and were pretty much pushing us along.
About that point Herb crashed, which annoyed him, and when he got going again he left me way behind. (He was on a 525 and is a better rider.) The next intersection wasn't flagged or painted, and the chart said go right so I did. Figured out later that should have been the NEXT intersection, which was flagged and painted. By then I was behind the sweep riders so I just kept going until I hit pavement and went back to Fish Lake to get my ID. Partner had the same experience, just got off track a few miles later.
I don't think we were the only ones. At one point at a three-way intersection, about two dozen riders showed up from three different directions at the same time, and there was much head scratching and odo comparing. Seemed like, if I stopped to read and think, I'd have company every time. dirty face entry form Eek7
I've ridden these events before, and don't usually have trouble like this. It seemed like there could have been more flagging, and it didn't occur to me until later that I should have tried resetting my front wheel size to 19" to see if that helped. Seems backwards though, since it was set for 21" and my odo was indicating that we were due to turn several tenths before the actual turn. So going to a smaller wheel size = more rotations per mile, and a worse error? I know, courtesy of WSP, that set for 21" my speedometer is accurate. dirty face entry form Deal
As always, great riding, and I'll go back.... after I get this odo crap figured out!

1911fan
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime6/21/2010, 8:53 pm

Yeah... That whole ordeal was a bummer for bofus. I started the day off great though, I dropped the golf ball right into the bucket at station #1! Next year I will invest the $30 for a roll chart holder, that way its one more person navigating the fugged up course and I'll have a better chance of finishing the damn ride. I did get some good single track in at Goose creek on my way back though. Then I loaded up and met some co-workers up at Shaser creek and finished out the day on muh bike. Oh, plus I still got my dirtyface t-shirt!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dirty face entry form   dirty face entry form Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dirty face entry form
Page 1 of 1