PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You will be Missed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chaos-in-mt

You will be Missed Empty
PostSubject: You will be Missed   You will be Missed Icon_minitime5/11/2010, 12:03 pm

Danny Chandler (Magoo) passed this week.
You will be missed. I will always remember the crazy kid who always went allot. The good old days.
For those of you who never met him or watched him you missed a great experience.

Chaos
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

You will be Missed Empty
PostSubject: Re: You will be Missed   You will be Missed Icon_minitime5/11/2010, 4:59 pm

RIP Magoo, I don't think I ever got to watch you race my home track at Hangtown but I remember your influence on young bike riders in high school.

Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

Bike : XR650L , 990KTM

You will be Missed Empty
PostSubject: Re: You will be Missed   You will be Missed Icon_minitime5/11/2010, 7:41 pm

griz901 wrote:
RIP Magoo, I don't think I ever got to watch you race my home track at Hangtown but I remember your influence on young bike riders in high school.

Hangtown?? as in california, i raced motocross on that track, an mammoth lake also, only as a much younger and slimmer fella. in the late 70's an early 80's we raced all over the western u.s. an canada. i remember Magoo quite well, never met or raced with him, but we raced on our circuit with some [ retired ] pro's ,like zollie berenie from canada an one of the nicest men an best riders of all time Dick Mann. hearing Magoos name really brings back some memories. RIP. You will be Missed 503529 Magoo
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

You will be Missed Empty
PostSubject: Re: You will be Missed   You will be Missed Icon_minitime5/11/2010, 10:52 pm

yep - I lived in Placerville (more accurately Lotus/Coloma), graduated Ponderosa High in '83. Hangtown MX ran in prairie city, now it's at the OHV park.

Chaos doesn't talk about it much but I believe he was into flat track stuff in Sacto? He may have known Danny being he's a couple years older than me You will be Missed 391375 .

I need to get Chaos around a campfire and pick his brain after a couple drinks You will be Missed 675814 the world is a lot smaller when you start talking with folks who've been around the block a few times. Magoo's passing made me think of a lot of idols from my youth and how safety has improved.
Back to top Go down
chaos-in-mt

You will be Missed Empty
PostSubject: Re: You will be Missed   You will be Missed Icon_minitime5/12/2010, 7:15 am

I new him and raced with him many times. He was 3 years my younger and the fastest guy I have ever ridden with.
All I can say is we were not on the same level, any of us. Danny was all-out all the time, if he crashed you had a chance, maybe but he was coming.
God Bless you Danny, I only hope I am half the man you were.

Chaos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

You will be Missed Empty
PostSubject: Re: You will be Missed   You will be Missed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You will be Missed
Page 1 of 1