PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

KTM Folding Mirrors

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Focker

Focker

KTM Folding Mirrors Empty
PostSubject: KTM Folding Mirrors   KTM Folding Mirrors Icon_minitime1/11/2009, 4:28 pm

I've got a pair of these dual sport mirrors and they're worth the price. I bought the longer set without bar mounts (I had the XR's Only perch mounts) but after riding with mamacone the other day I took a closer look at his bar mounts and I really liked how low and tucked into the bike they were. So I converted to the bar mount style to limit the risk of breaking the perch which in turn could leave me without a clutch or front brake. The bar mounts work well and aren't cheesy by any means. The mount is designed to break away under impact...This could save having to buy a new mirror every time you crash. You can fold the mirrors down towards your bars when in rough terrain, then fold them all the way back until they stop. Their right where you had them without any adjustments needed.

I have the longer stem mirrors. They are more susceptible to breaking when turfing it...Which I do often. The mount is great because it lowers the mirror closer to the bar and I can can still see behind me without tucking in my elbow. If you have mirror perches you might want the short stems.

You should give these mirrors a try...Henri is great to deal with...Check out his website - www.motoscience

KTM Folding Mirrors 409817uh2

KTM Folding Mirrors Picture002tp8

KTM Folding Mirrors Picture003av1

KTM Folding Mirrors Picturehh0

I found out the hard way that using loctite on the elbow joint of these mirrors is a must. I was clippin' along the trail and looked down and it was just sitting (rattling) there behind the headlight. I'm glad that I folded it down otherwise it might have hit the ground and busted...Not something I want to have happen at $30 bucks a pop!

Another option to using lock tight on the elbow joint nut...Is to simply replace the standard nut with a nylock nut & stainless screw. I couldn't find the right length of screw so I cut off the excess after tightening...Works like a charm!
Back to top Go down
http://www.xr650rforum.com

KTM Folding Mirrors
Page 1 of 1