PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Re-attaching rear view mirror HNT

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Re-attaching rear view mirror  HNT Empty
PostSubject: Re-attaching rear view mirror HNT   Re-attaching rear view mirror  HNT Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 4:38 pm

So I went away for a little 3day vacation to the San Juans (this has nothing to do with the HNT, just adding to the story line). Seems as though it was very hot at home. Maybe it was the heat, maybe it was just coincidence, but when I finally opened the truck door to go to work after the 3day weekend, there where 2 fuzzy red balls on the floor. Further inspection and they where the dice that once sat atop the rear view mirror that was now also laying on the floor.

(fast forward to present day)

The wife bought me a nice little kit to fix the problem. Since I have razor blades, gloves and other stuff at work, decided to bring it in and do it here.
Instruction read something like...Clean area on window with supplied wipe. Do not touch window. Let dry for at least 2min. Apply ONE DROP adhesive to tab, place on window and hold for 5min.
Good instructions. I shouldn't have to change much of them. Evil6
Wearing gloves clean area on window. Ok, but I want to touch it thou, nothing happens. Guess it's just so you don't contaminate it with oils from your hands. Looks dry, continue on without waiting 2min. Apply...A whole bunch of adhesive. They gave me this bottle with a whole bunch and I know it is a one time use kind of thing. Lets use a lot of it. Place on window and wiggle it to and fro. Why...maybe air bubbles in there. Slides around nice. Wonder how long it actually will take to set. Stop wiggling and slowly take hand off to see if it will stay. Yes it does, why is it crooked thou? Try to re-adjust tab to straighten...try a few more times. Looks like it is now set....less then 5 sec!!!

Well that is how to re-attach a now crooked rear view mirror.
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: Re-attaching rear view mirror HNT   Re-attaching rear view mirror  HNT Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 5:43 pm

Re-attaching rear view mirror  HNT Dice

there where 2 fuzzy red balls on the floor. Further inspection and they where the dice that once sat atop the rear view mirror that was now also laying on the floor.

So let me get this straight. Your fuzzy dice fell on the floor. You know Cheech and Chong called they want those back. ddog
They are the same ones you had on your 76' Pinto in high school right? Perhaps it's time to throw those away. After reading that post you need to back off of the other thing that Cheech and Chong were known for. scared
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: Re-attaching rear view mirror HNT   Re-attaching rear view mirror  HNT Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 7:31 pm

oh, its the good old rear veiw mirror glue............ better known as" piss me off in a bottle". that kit works one out of 20 times, looks like the next 19 people that buy it get screwed Evil6

no, it does work good if the directions are followed, expetialy the "do not touch part". and then putting it on straight is a option. thats why they make the mirror adjustable.

glad to here it worked. now to see how long it stays !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re-attaching rear view mirror HNT   Re-attaching rear view mirror  HNT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re-attaching rear view mirror HNT
Page 1 of 1