PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Front brake problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KILLERKLR

Bike : 2013 WR250R

Front brake problem Empty
PostSubject: Front brake problem   Front brake problem Icon_minitime8/20/2010, 9:10 pm

Today I found the front brake lever on my 85 KLR 250 was loose. There is no tension to hold it against the brake lamp switch, so the brake light stays on all the time. I removed the lever hoping to find a spring, but there was none. The master cylinder was about half full, so I topped it off. Then I used needle nose pliers to pull the piston out. It still wont come all the way out on it's own. I replaced the front tire recently, but I've been on at least 2 long trail rides and haven't had any issues. Any suggestions???
Thanks,
C.
Back to top Go down
dunkan

dunkan

Bike : 07 Honda 250X, Christini AWD

PostSubject: Re: Front brake problem   Front brake problem Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 8:00 am

Have you thought of an mastercyclinder rebuild? Go to a kaw dealer and order a rebuild kit should be less than $40
Back to top Go down
TheFlying"W"

TheFlying

Bike : '03 WR450F, 2009 Vmax

PostSubject: Re: Front brake problem   Front brake problem Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 8:42 am

What dunkan said for sure. Rebuild kits are relatively inexpensive, can usually find a deal online if you look and don't mind waiting a few days for shipping. When you do the rebuild, make sure you flush the entire system with fresh fluid from a new bottle. Get a big bottle and flush the rear out at the same time.
Back to top Go down
KILLERKLR

Bike : 2013 WR250R

PostSubject: fixed   Front brake problem Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 9:20 pm

Fixed for now, anyway. I crack the bleed screw on the caliper to drain the fluid from the master cylinder, and the piston popped back out. I drained the fluid until the master was about half full. Seems to be working now. If it fails again I'll order a kit. The rear is mechanical so less likely to fail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front brake problem   Front brake problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front brake problem
Page 1 of 1