PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wheel balancers

Go down 
+2
Relaytech
Inspector
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Wheel balancers Empty
PostSubject: Wheel balancers   Wheel balancers Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 3:58 pm

What do you guys use?

I know NO-Mar has a slick one (took about 20min to stop spinning, LOL)

This one at Harbor Freight is in my price range tho.

*also who sells kits or packs of spoke weights? Motorcycle superstore has them, but way expensive and sold singleularly(sp).

**crappity-smackity....I don't think my wheels will fit?
Back to top Go down
Relaytech

Relaytech

Wheel balancers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel balancers   Wheel balancers Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 7:35 pm

I have the Harbor Freight one, and it works great. No issues at all. For cheap spoke weights, I am going to try some fishing weights.
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

Wheel balancers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel balancers   Wheel balancers Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 8:40 pm

wink Send me $129.95 and I'll send you my custom wheel balancer lol

Wheel balancers Img_1610
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

Wheel balancers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel balancers   Wheel balancers Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 8:42 pm

Well poo poo, after looking at the linky don't I feel like a moron thumb

Nice find on the balancer, wish I had one when I installed my spokes and trued the wheels Doah
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

Bike : XR650L , 990KTM

Wheel balancers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel balancers   Wheel balancers Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 8:49 pm

griz901 wrote:

Wheel balancers Img_1610

well there ya have it, KTM price, and harbor freight quality. ......... priceless Evil6
Back to top Go down
novocaine

Bike : 11 ktm 530 XcW six days

Wheel balancers Empty
PostSubject: beads?   Wheel balancers Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 11:21 pm

I have read a few other posts on other sites about guys using the beads to balance their tires. Large off road truck tires especially. I am not sure how well these would work inside a tube, but I'm sure someone has tried it? Might be worth looking into. supposedly you never need to balance them the traditional way with these beads inside. the distribute themselves to make the tire balanced all the time.

Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Wheel balancers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel balancers   Wheel balancers Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 7:04 am

Griz....there is a company that just sells the axle, bearings and cones. They recommend a setup just like yours LOL....cool.

Novocaine....I have another thread somewhere about dynobeads. I should probably update it but here are my brief thoughts.
I think they did pretty well with balancing the tire. My problems came every time I let air out of the tire. Would always see white dust as if the beads where breaking down. Most importantly out on the trail when I lowered psi, would almost always have a bead (or debris) get stuck in the valve, letting out way more air then I wanted. As much as i change psi, it's just too much a PAIN for me.
I prefer to take the extra time and expense the first time when changing a tire and not have to worry about it again until next time.
*now to their credit, there may be a trick to it, but even that would require too many extra step.
Back to top Go down
Enduroguy

Enduroguy

Bike : 08 KTM 530 EXC-R

Wheel balancers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel balancers   Wheel balancers Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 7:57 am

griz901 wrote:

Wheel balancers Img_1610
Thats just like my special wheel balance tool, a few 1oz lead spoke weights opposite the rim lock and good to go. 4oz on the rear and 3oz on the front unless you have a TuBliss then its a whopping 5oz of spoke weight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/enduroguy35
Sponsored content

Wheel balancers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel balancers   Wheel balancers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheel balancers
Page 1 of 1