PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice Empty
PostSubject: TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice   TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice Icon_minitime5/1/2011, 9:46 pm

After 132hrs my stock chain guide was getting pretty worn so I picked up a TM Designworks guide from Cyclebuy when I was down in Eugene last week. The guide fits great and is a lot stronger than the stock unit. Thought I would post up some pics of the new guide installed on my 530 in case anyone is needing a replacement.

Here's a shot of both the guides together. The worn out OEM unit on the left and the TM unit installed on the bike.

TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice DSC00192

Closeup

TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice DSC00193

And a side shot. I also run the Bullet Proof Designs chain guide mount brace to help protect the tabs on the swingarm...you can see where it's taken some hits out on the trail.

TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice DSC00195

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com

Bike : '82XL500R

PostSubject: Re: TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice   TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice Icon_minitime5/3/2011, 7:18 pm

That protector plate linking the two tabs together looks like a killer idea. I may have to fab one of those up for mine. Nice looking chain guard. Troy341
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Re: TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice   TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice Icon_minitime5/3/2011, 8:25 pm

341 wrote:
That protector plate linking the two tabs together looks like a killer idea. I may have to fab one of those up for mine. Nice looking chain guard. Troy341

Yeah I thought it was a great idea...could prevent big problems when your in the middle of know where. It's machined out of a solid piece, you drill a couple holes up into your swing arm and it gets bolted to the swing arm between the tabs...very solid!

Here's a couple more pics of the brace.

Here you can see the beating it's taken out on the trail...better that than the tab.

TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice DSC00248

Here's a shot of the inside

TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice DSC00247

And a closeup of the rear

TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice DSC00249

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down

Bike : '82XL500R

PostSubject: Re: TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice   TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice Icon_minitime5/4/2011, 7:22 pm

Thanks for the close ups, that helps the reverse engineering process. Troy341
Back to top Go down
Inconceivable

Inconceivable

Bike : 2010 KTM 530 EXC

PostSubject: Re: TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice   TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice Icon_minitime5/5/2011, 3:23 am

Nice guy at bullit proof. That was one of my first purchases. Anyway what sproket sizes are you running. I ask because I am now running a 13 front and a 52 rear and am happy with the gearing. I had a 14 on the front but found I was still to tall in the tight trails. I have had to modify my stock guide and I still would like a hair more adjustment. Does this one allow for more adjustment than the stock unit? Thanks for the great pics.
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Re: TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice   TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice Icon_minitime5/5/2011, 4:04 am

Inconceivable wrote:
Nice guy at bullit proof. That was one of my first purchases. Anyway what sproket sizes are you running. I ask because I am now running a 13 front and a 52 rear and am happy with the gearing. I had a 14 on the front but found I was still to tall in the tight trails. I have had to modify my stock guide and I still would like a hair more adjustment. Does this one allow for more adjustment than the stock unit? Thanks for the great pics.

I'm currently running 14-52. I've ran 14-50 for 132hrs now and it's been pretty good overall, I just installed the 52 rear but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The guide clears nicely with the 14-52 combo, you might have to trim slightly to run 13-52 though.

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice   TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TM Designworks Chain Guide - Nice
Page 1 of 1