PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd Empty
PostSubject: Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd   Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd Icon_minitime6/29/2011, 9:20 am

We're heading to Harris Park outside of Milton Freewater for a ride on Sunday July 3rd. The ride will be composed of single track with moderate dificulty and several stream crossings. Anyone want to join in on the fun? lurk Hopefully the snow level is high enough to make the complete loop, last time we had to turn around due to snow at Cow Camp.

Here's a link to pics and vid from our last outing at Harris Park:

http://www.pnwds.com/t1430-harris-park-in-search-of-the-snow-line-edit-video-added

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd   Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd Icon_minitime6/29/2011, 2:22 pm

In! cheers
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd   Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd Icon_minitime6/30/2011, 1:02 pm

Sweet, four confirmed so far. Anyone else going? Weather should be perfect!

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
dhally

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd   Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd Icon_minitime6/30/2011, 3:51 pm

I would like to go however I will be returning home late Sat. night. What time would y'all be leaving from Harris Park trailhead?

Or does somebody have a trailer spot from 3cities I could hitch a ride?
David H
3 0 8 - 7 2 9 1

It's a small bike, doesn't take much room:

Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd 134984077_ALCtJ-M
Back to top Go down
oring212

oring212

Bike : 2011 ktm 450 exc

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd   Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd Icon_minitime6/30/2011, 5:09 pm

Hmmmmmm. A chance for redemption.i need to ask the wife. Put me at 60-40
Back to top Go down
Esa

Esa

Bike : Suzuki DR-Z400S

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd   Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd Icon_minitime7/1/2011, 8:32 pm

I'm in, looking forward to meet you all!

Esa
Back to top Go down
Esa

Esa

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd   Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd Icon_minitime7/1/2011, 8:33 pm

Esa
Back to top Go down
oring212

oring212

Bike : 2011 ktm 450 exc

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd   Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd Icon_minitime7/1/2011, 10:04 pm

So I went to re jet for the higher altitude and when I went to adjust the needle height to the 3rd notch from the top I noticed I was on the 5 th from the top and it was supposed to be at the 4th and my normal elevation. That explains it running rich even arounf here and an even bigger reason it ran like a turd up at harris park. I also went down one size on the main jet, so accordong to my chart I should be good for up to 5000 ft. My mixture screw was also missing the oring so that's why why it kept coming loose, now its snug........but now I have an even bigger problem. I checked my engine oil, it was clean and full. But when I checked my tranny oil level, milk came out...oh #$&^. That's not good. When I drained the tranny water came out followed by grey matter milk.. I'm not sure what's going on here, the radiator fluid is clean. Is it possible that water got into my trannythrough the breather when I went over in the river last time up at harris park, I'm hoping that's what it is. I flushed it out and letting it drain tonight, ill pick some amsoil up tommorow.. I hope my spill in the river is the cause...any suggestions.....I'm suprised my clutch didn't fail...I haven't ridden it since harris park.... oh ya I also replaced my front brake fluid, since I boild it last time... hopefully I can still go!
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd   Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd Icon_minitime7/2/2011, 6:25 am

Esa wrote:

Esa

Sounds great. We'll meet at the minimart in Burbank at around 7:00 - 7:15am. We'll probably stop in Milton Freewater for breakfast on the way. Should be a lot of fun! thumb

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd   Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd Icon_minitime7/2/2011, 6:29 am

oring212 wrote:
So I went to re jet for the higher altitude and when I went to adjust the needle height to the 3rd notch from the top I noticed I was on the 5 th from the top and it was supposed to be at the 4th and my normal elevation. That explains it running rich even arounf here and an even bigger reason it ran like a turd up at harris park. I also went down one size on the main jet, so accordong to my chart I should be good for up to 5000 ft. My mixture screw was also missing the oring so that's why why it kept coming loose, now its snug........but now I have an even bigger problem. I checked my engine oil, it was clean and full. But when I checked my tranny oil level, milk came out...oh #$&^. That's not good. When I drained the tranny water came out followed by grey matter milk.. I'm not sure what's going on here, the radiator fluid is clean. Is it possible that water got into my trannythrough the breather when I went over in the river last time up at harris park, I'm hoping that's what it is. I flushed it out and letting it drain tonight, ill pick some amsoil up tommorow.. I hope my spill in the river is the cause...any suggestions.....I'm suprised my clutch didn't fail...I haven't ridden it since harris park.... oh ya I also replaced my front brake fluid, since I boild it last time... hopefully I can still go!

Glad to hear the jetting issues are all worked out, should run a lot better for you now. thumb The milky oil is from what you suspected, water in the oil from the failed stream crossing. I would do one ride and change it out again for another good flush. Once you have fresh oil in there you should be good, you just want to change oil asap after getting water contamination so no rust sets in etc.

Hope you can make it.

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
Esa

Esa

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd   Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd Icon_minitime7/2/2011, 9:56 am

I will probably ride directly to Harris Park and meet you there, I guess you will be there around 9AM-ish?
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd   Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd Icon_minitime7/2/2011, 10:00 pm

Esa wrote:
I will probably ride directly to Harris Park and meet you there, I guess you will be there around 9AM-ish?

Should be around 9am...though it may be earlier or later depending on how long breakfast lasts. Your welcome to meet up with us at Burbank or at the diner going in to Milton Freewater if you like. I'll send you a PM.

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd   Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harris Park Ride - Sunday July 3rd
Page 1 of 1