PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Whats up PNWDS

Go down 
+2
4xPhil
40ozskills
6 posters
AuthorMessage
40ozskills

Whats up PNWDS Empty
PostSubject: Whats up PNWDS   Whats up PNWDS Icon_minitime5/20/2012, 7:58 pm

I grew up with two dirtbikes, both were beaters and both i paid for with saved up allowance and a dream to do vintage restorations. Both bikes ended up too much for my financial status and I ended up getting rid of both. I have wanted a dirtbike since the age of 7 and never got one due to the area I was living and the overall financial situation of my parets ( not that we were broke, it was more of a worrying thing on my parents part I think). I have since dreamed and looked around for bikes that I wanted, pictures, youtube videos, posters, magazines, videos. I have a deep love for dirtbikes but always wondered what I could do to ride them anywhere. My answer came when I asked my father this question about 10 years ago. He said " You need a Dual Sport, I think it would be exactly what ou are looking for". Turns out once again the old man was correct, unfortunately still to this day (I am 22 now), I have yet to get a dual sport bike. I joined this forum in hopes of getting some info on good bike deals and bikes worthy of looking into. Thank you to all who are willing to help me, and one day I too hope to have my dual sport........as soon as I can afford it.

-40ozskills
Back to top Go down
4xPhil

4xPhil

Bike : KTM 530 EXC

Whats up PNWDS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up PNWDS   Whats up PNWDS Icon_minitime5/21/2012, 5:38 pm

Welcome.

This is a great place to gather the info on many bikes. Lot of wisdom and opinions share daily.
Back to top Go down
Red Leader

Whats up PNWDS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up PNWDS   Whats up PNWDS Icon_minitime5/21/2012, 5:57 pm

#1 as a new rider be careful... #2 buy a used bike, sized correctly for you. #3 Welcome I'm new too.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Whats up PNWDS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up PNWDS   Whats up PNWDS Icon_minitime5/22/2012, 3:44 pm

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
RENO

RENO

Bike : 07 KLR 650 2012 Cristini AWD 450DS

Whats up PNWDS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up PNWDS   Whats up PNWDS Icon_minitime5/22/2012, 3:57 pm

oh yea, thats how it starts. a year ago i fell in love with the pre 08 klr650. dirt cheap, many upgrade parts, and enough power to ride the pavement till you get to the trail. you can find one of those from 1k to 4k depending on upgrades. i rode the SH#$ out of that all last year on logging and forrest roads. brought me right back to my teens when i took the ol dirt squirt and a gallon of mix to stash at the bottom of a log road and ride the hills till i ran out of gas. coast down to gas stash and go home. good times,,,,lol

the more i rode though the more i was trying single track and sandy dunes. the KLR is a beast on those and while its possible to have fun in that stuff, you have to earn it by muscling it around. this year i have something smaller to play with but that klr is a true dual sport bike in my opinion. BEWARE however. once you start, its hard not to start a collection.
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

Whats up PNWDS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up PNWDS   Whats up PNWDS Icon_minitime5/22/2012, 5:52 pm

Hello !
Back to top Go down
40ozskills

Whats up PNWDS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up PNWDS   Whats up PNWDS Icon_minitime5/24/2012, 6:57 pm

any of you guys know a decent place or website to find used dual sports?
Back to top Go down
RENO

RENO

Bike : 07 KLR 650 2012 Cristini AWD 450DS

Whats up PNWDS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up PNWDS   Whats up PNWDS Icon_minitime5/25/2012, 10:51 am

nothing on creigs list? its where i found mine, and my truck(x2), my toyhauler, french doors for the rental, siding for the house,,, ect ect. a digital little nickle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whats up PNWDS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up PNWDS   Whats up PNWDS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats up PNWDS
Page 1 of 1