PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Honda branded Joe Rocket textile jacket and First Gear HT 2.0 textile pant

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

Honda branded Joe Rocket textile jacket and First Gear HT 2.0 textile pant Empty
PostSubject: Honda branded Joe Rocket textile jacket and First Gear HT 2.0 textile pant   Honda branded Joe Rocket textile jacket and First Gear HT 2.0 textile pant Icon_minitime3/3/2009, 9:29 pm

Equipment review to follow, stand by...

Honda Endurance Jacket (Joe Rocket) $129.00 New Enough
First Gear HT 2.0 Pants $161.00 New Enough

As soon as I can take the freeze covers off my water spickets, I'll have my kids help test these "waterproof" items. :evil:
As soon as I can get past the last 1,000 feet of driveway ice I'll post some initial ride opinions.

Honda branded Joe Rocket textile jacket and First Gear HT 2.0 textile pant Jacket10Honda branded Joe Rocket textile jacket and First Gear HT 2.0 textile pant Jacket11Honda branded Joe Rocket textile jacket and First Gear HT 2.0 textile pant Ht_ii10
(pictures borrowed from New Enough)

:zzzzzz:

Last edited by griz901 on 1/28/2011, 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dead links)
Back to top Go down
marbec1a

marbec1a

Bike : 2009 KLX250S

Honda branded Joe Rocket textile jacket and First Gear HT 2.0 textile pant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda branded Joe Rocket textile jacket and First Gear HT 2.0 textile pant   Honda branded Joe Rocket textile jacket and First Gear HT 2.0 textile pant Icon_minitime3/6/2009, 8:13 pm

I have first gear jacket and pants, some of the best gear I have ever used.
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: Finally rode last night   Honda branded Joe Rocket textile jacket and First Gear HT 2.0 textile pant Icon_minitime4/7/2009, 10:50 am

We hit 60 degrees yesterday and I went for an evening put around the neighborhood. First time on the bike with the HT 2 pants and Honda Endurance Jacket (textile Joe Rocket).

Around 7pm the temps were dropping fast but I could not feel any air leaks in the pant or the jacket. I don't think the jacket could be considered equivalent to a Kilimanjaro 4 because the shoulders and elbows don't have reinforced "abrasion" resistant panels. But I think it will be nice for my dirt road use as long as it doesn't go above 85 degrees. I would just take it off and put on my Koerta pressure suit for hot weather.

The jacket has armor in the shoulders, elbows and spine, but I think I am going to swap it out for something a little thicker. I want something that will absorb impact vs. doing a 100ft asphalt slide. I couldn't resist and kind of hit 82 mph on the gps somewhere, and I was warm with no air leaks even after I took the liner out. I think at dusk the temps were around 50.

The pants are very comfortable. They are overpants and fit great over jeans. The side zippers make it really easy to get into or out of and the jacket zipper fit right up to my jacket even though they are different brands. There is a steel hook style fastener under the heavy duty zipper and button so these are not coming off. I also appreciated the 2 inches of waist adjustment via velcro/elastic. I would say these pants are true to ordered size. I wear 40/32 jeans and that is what I ordered. They are a "overpant" designed to fit over your jean size.

The pant armor, and the pant themselves, are more street with abrasion panels at the knees etc. but still comfortable even when new. I didn't take out the liner, but after my last set of pants, I bet I can wear these into 85-90 degrees if I am moving. Riding position puts the armor in the right spot for me as I have a long torso and 32 inseam. I'll be changing the knee pads out for my CE armor in my old pants for a little more impact absorbing action.

In summary; I am very happy with both items. If I were to get a street bike or start going 80/20 street instead of 80/20 dirt I would upgrade the jacket for a more abrasion resistant build. I would classify this jacket as enduro/endurance with padding. The price was right on clearance at $129 at new enough. I should touch on fitment too. I got a XXL, I am 245 lbs, 6' 1" tall with a long torso. The body of the jacket fits almost snugly with the liner and comfy without with room to add a layer or two. But the arms are almost too short and pretty darn snug. They were ok but I don't think I could wear it over my pressure suit if I didn't take the arm padding out.

The pants are probably my first piece of top shelf riding gear. It hurt to shell out $160 but now that I have them I am very happy. The fact they can go up or down a size is a plus too. They have enough room I could still wear under armor if I wanted to. NOTE: the pants are over the boot and have a large velcro strap.

Sorry for waiting so long to add more info. I thought it would never stop snowing up here.

griz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honda branded Joe Rocket textile jacket and First Gear HT 2.0 textile pant   Honda branded Joe Rocket textile jacket and First Gear HT 2.0 textile pant Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honda branded Joe Rocket textile jacket and First Gear HT 2.0 textile pant
Page 1 of 1