PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vacationing in PNW in June, looking for someone to ride with!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ylw-dog

ylw-dog

Bike : 2013 Yamaha Super Tenere 1200, 2008 Kawasaki Concours 1400

Vacationing in PNW in June,  looking for someone to ride with! Empty
PostSubject: Vacationing in PNW in June, looking for someone to ride with!   Vacationing in PNW in June,  looking for someone to ride with! Icon_minitime5/1/2014, 9:35 pm

Hi Guys 

Ill be visiting Mount Vernon in mid June i'm renting a KLR650 form the Monday 26th - Thursday 29th and I'm looking for someone to show me some routes up in the Mt Baker area or any suggestions for both trail and forestry road.  If I'm by myself I'll stay mostly on forestry roads but I would prefer getting off the roads.  I don't really care where I ride but I know the Mt Baker area, I have climbed her and would enjoy riding some of the roads on her.

I'm coming out from Florida where I ride a Yamaha Super Tenere off road and  Kawasaki Concours 1400 for touring.  Unfortunately we are flying out for a wedding so I will have to rent a bike. I planning on shipping my gear so I don't have the airport hassle.

If anyone will be available tuesday or wednesday (picking up the bike in Seattle on Monday dropping off Thursday) I would love to get together and let you show me around.  If anyone can make suggestions for routes that would be great also.  Anyone with Garmin GPS tracks already mapped that would be even better.

Thanks in advance, I hope we can get together and ride!

Jim Kane
Jacksonville, FL

kracor98@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
ylw-dog

ylw-dog

Bike : 2013 Yamaha Super Tenere 1200, 2008 Kawasaki Concours 1400

PostSubject: Re: Vacationing in PNW in June, looking for someone to ride with!   Vacationing in PNW in June,  looking for someone to ride with! Icon_minitime5/8/2014, 1:54 pm

Anyone, Anything, suggestions!

A little help here!!
Back to top Go down
PeteN95

PeteN95

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: Re: Vacationing in PNW in June, looking for someone to ride with!   Vacationing in PNW in June,  looking for someone to ride with! Icon_minitime5/10/2014, 10:16 am

Hi Jim,

I work in Smokey Point, which is South of Mount Vernon, but would be up for an afternoon ride.  There is an ORV park SE of Mount Vernon, Walker Valley, and several fire roads beyond that.  I usually don't get off work until 3:30, but could take off a little early, maybe 1?  Send me a PM and we can make some plans.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vacationing in PNW in June, looking for someone to ride with!   Vacationing in PNW in June,  looking for someone to ride with! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vacationing in PNW in June, looking for someone to ride with!
Page 1 of 1