PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Empty
PostSubject: 312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake   312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Icon_minitime8/2/2009, 6:40 pm

This has got to be one of my worst planned trips. I like to thank my wife for that one. Less then a weeks notice and even up till the day before we left, still wasn't sure if I was riding or taking the car. Got my bike up and running with all my gear ready the morning I was to leave. Printed up a map with turn by turn directions the night before at work. Go time.
Left the house at about 1030hours. Heading up SR2 when I rememberd the old highway off to the side. Actually passed it and turned around to take it. Wasn't on my map, but any side trip was welcome.
First stop of the day was at the begining of "Old Cascade Hwy" Fun little road that is near perfect for a tard. Only problem is it's almost a one lane. Have to be careful on the corners.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride001
Creek runs along most of it. I actually wasn't sure if it was a one-way and I was going the wrong way. Saw a couple of signs so figured I was ok
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride002
First dirt road was after the pass. Luckily I saw it on street views and knew where to look. As I was cruising along looking for the turnoff, I spied a police officer parked right after my turn. It was kind of funny slowing down as quickly as I could to make the turn. Really surprised the cop didn't back up and come after me cause even to me it seemed as thou I was running from him. Anyway sign at the trail head.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride003
Had know idea what to expect. Turns out everything was pretty mellow.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride004
A lot of the pictures look the same because it was just vallies of trees everywhere you looked.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride005
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride006
I tried really hard to take a picture of every trail sign, didn't always work though.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride007
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride008
I think you can see the road i need to take way down there.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride009
Crossed a few little bridges, no pics. Decided to pull off in a little secluded spot and take a break and look around. Turned out to be a really cool little camping spot. The only really big problem is I was attacked by deerflies. Never knew what they where until this point. Man they are worse then mosquitos!!
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride011
The place even had a semi-private toilet. LOL. Check out the home-made ass-gasket. No, i didn't use it.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride010
Heres another road sign that you can't see. Don't know what happened but went down the wrong way. I think what messed me up is my maps....no, upon futher review my maps look ok, must have been me.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride012
Pulled off again at a nice camping spot, (yes, still going the wrong way). Creek ran right behind it. Really a sweet spot because of the lazy creek that was deep in a few spot.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride013
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride014
You can see a trail on the other side that would be sweet to take a bike on, must be a hiking trail thou
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride015
I think all this first part is in the Wenatchee National Forst.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride016
Lunch time since I was stopped. Luckily I did because the ice bag had melted and warmed up in the 2 1/2 hours I had been riding. Cheese started to melt. For some reason I didn't have any ham (thnx wifey)
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride017
Can you see my little buddy in this pic? Me neither try the second one.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride018
This was my bathing mate. Since I didn't have a cooling vest, i dunked my head and shirt in the water. (worked for a few minutes to keep my cool while riding)
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride019
Alright, by this picture, things where starting to look funny, like maybe this wasn't right. Turned on my GPS to verify and it said keep going so I did.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride020
The GPS said go straight which was Top Lake T.H. and it looked like this.........
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: 312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake   312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Icon_minitime8/2/2009, 6:41 pm

Ok here is the pic. Was hoping you could see a cloud of dust, but I guess not. Anyway, as I was going down this road, a fucking bear came charging out from the left side and ran down the road away from me. He was just loping along, but still looked fast. Wasn't sure what to do, the GPS said this was the road i needed. I figured since he was running away from me, i would continue on slowly.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride021
Continue on, past a parked truck, and then the road became less travled. Ended up turning around and going back to try Heather Lake T.H. A mile or so up that one a truck was coming down. I pulled over and nicely waved them down. She stopped and looked at me like I was crazy. Asked her if the road dead ended. She said she was pretty sure it didn't. Stupid biotch, it did and not to far up either. Pretty though.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride023
I finally realized my mistake and made it back down. From where I had stopped at one point it was less then a mile back to SR2. Made it into Leavenworth then on to see Lizi. Luckily I made it there when I did, she was just about to leave I think. She stuck around for awhile and chatted with me. She just rocks. Feel bad I couldn't buy anything more then a Gaterade and water. She put my helmet in the freezer, put my coat by the air conditioner, whiped the dirt off my nose, kept me company, made me laugh. Also looked at my map and helped me on my way.
Left there, (sorry no pics) and headed back to the dirt at Derby Canyon Rd(that place fucking rocks too!!)
Started off just like all the others, nice and smooth.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride024
Bad pic of a big ass rock
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride025
NFD road started to get a little fun with small ruts, bumps, and the like.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride026
I know you're getting tired of valley/tree shots, but they're pretty and I got lots.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride027
Road just keeps going up and up. NOT straight which is always nice.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride028
The Money Shot
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride029
Now the road started to slow me down. Remember, I'm by myself. Don't want something bad to happen. Still fun though.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride030
There where frigging LOADS of off shoots and fun places to ride that sadly, I could not. Didn't want to bust a nut out in the middle of nowhere by myself.
Nice little hill climb.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride031
Came to this 4way. Just can't believe all the riding one could do out here. Just sweet. Took a break and pictures.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride032
Man I wanted to try this bad!!1
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride033
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride034
Think I'm getting dehydrated...was very yellow. <territory marked>
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride035
Started riding again. Almost the end of the road, I am sad.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride036
Check this shit out. Really wish I could have gotten a better picture of this masterpiece.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride037
O'man...had forgotten about this road. Freshly paved....miles of twisty goodness. The only problem......little bit of gravel in about 90% of the corners. Almost like someone took a truck and pealed out in every corner to do it.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride038

One more set of pics....
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: 312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake   312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Icon_minitime8/2/2009, 6:45 pm

Right outside of Wenatchee is where my directions just started to get screwy
Stopped on the side of an orchard for a quick break and to make sure the bike was doing good.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride039
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride040
For some reason my map was almost completly useless. Now I'm thinking maybe I missed one turn that screwed everything else up. Finally turned the GPS on and used that. Kept pulling over and rechecking the map that made no sense. I typed in a cross street into the unit that was further along on the map then just followed that. Even after hitting the dirt roads things just didn't seem right.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride041
Finally couldn't make heads nor tails out of the map and my GPS was almost dead. It took me down a road that turned out to be a dead end. Figured it was time to turn around and try to find my way back to Wenatchee. Man was I dissapointed. Started to cuss my wife out in my helmet.
On the way back found this sweet lake
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride042
On the way out I finally found out at least what area I was in. Too bad it was getting late and I couldn't figure out where I was on the map. Looks like a lot of riding here too.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride043
Finally made it to Wenatchee. That place pissed me off too. I knew I needed to get on to 28, could even see the begining of it. I just couldn't get to it. Street where one way. 15min. later and I'm on the HWY. A little later I pulled off at a little rest stop and *edited to protect the inocent* He verified i was heading in the right direction. Pulled into Moses Lake sometime around 2100hours. Still had aways to go to the campground. Dark, late, googles covered in bug goo, drove past my campground on to Pot Holes Park. Called the wife and she guided me in.
First thing she did when I got there.....handed me a beer. Hmmmm. It was good and that one beer got me buzzed because I was so dehydrated..lol.
The place was hell. 105deg, mosquitos everywhere, went in the lake that reeked of cow manure....I so wanted to go home.

This pic was when my fuel light came on. Just wringing that little motor for all it was worth heading back home on I-90.
312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Moseslakeride044
Thanks Plummy for the texts. Thanks Grant for being on-call. Thanks Router for the route and directions. Thanks Lizi and her old man along with Timberline Motorsports for the nice rest.
Fuck Donny for not riding with me nor giving me his camelpack.lol
Fuck myself for not figuring out my trip computer before the trip. (that would have worked great in conjunction with my turn-by-turn google directions).
And lastly.....FUCK Moses Lake!

**This ride report brought to you by timberline motorsports
Back to top Go down
ol guy

ol guy

Bike : 06- KLX 351

PostSubject: Re: 312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake   312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Icon_minitime8/3/2009, 2:49 pm

You might have liked moses lake better if you had stopped and ate pizza at Chico's
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: 312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake   312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Icon_minitime8/3/2009, 9:18 pm

Lol. I've been to moses a few times. I was in a really bad mood and the heat was just killing me. Would have had a blast if I could have ridden around the area a little.
Back to top Go down
Backwoods Boogie
Backwoods Boogie

Bike : XR650R - Concours 14

PostSubject: Re: 312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake   312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Icon_minitime8/5/2009, 10:20 am

Nice pics, thanks for the report......... thumb

In spite of the hot weather, it still looked like great ride. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake   312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

312 miles 11 1/2hours to Moses Lake
Page 1 of 1