PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa

Go down 
+7
RufusRide
Hodakaguy
TheFlying"W"
Shane
Inspector
griz901
Hemmi101
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Hemmi101

Bike : Kawasaki KLR 650, Yamaha xt225, triumph bonneville

Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Empty
PostSubject: Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa   Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_minitime2/6/2010, 5:50 pm

Hello ---I live in Bellingham but also spend much time in Chelan. Am looking to do some riding in each. I grew up riding a Yamaha trailmaster in the Wenatchee Mountains in the 60's and early 70's. I have always had some bikes around but just bought an 08 650 KLR and 07 Yamaha xt225 dual sport bikes. So I'm hoping to get some ideas of where to ride in the Whatcom County area, and Chelan. Also could use an update on what's still open near Wenatchee. Anyway, I'm glad I found the site and am looking forward to crossing paths. Hemmi101
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: Greetings   Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_minitime2/6/2010, 6:31 pm

Welcome aboard new old guy! Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa 5543

griz
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa   Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_minitime2/6/2010, 7:16 pm

Welcome, Hi

*We'll have some stuff going on soon in Wenatchee. I was hoping you might know something up in Bellingham thou. I do know there is a little to ride in Darrington.
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa   Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_minitime2/6/2010, 7:23 pm

hello, wenatchee rider here Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa 541814 glad to have you aboard !

Inspector, whats going on in wenatchee, do you know somehing i dont ! Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Suspect
Back to top Go down
Hemmi101

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa   Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_minitime2/6/2010, 7:37 pm

Say, Shane--Is that Beehive reservoir in the picture behind your 650? (Just a guess-)-Hemmi
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa   Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_minitime2/6/2010, 7:39 pm

Shane wrote:

Inspector, whats going on in wenatchee, do you know somehing i dont ! Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Suspect

nope, hoping you know more then i do big
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa   Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_minitime2/6/2010, 7:48 pm

Hemmi101 wrote:
Say, Shane--Is that Beehive reservoir in the picture behind your 650? (Just a guess-)-Hemmi

yep, that is beehive, so you must have been there ! Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_scratch

inspectore wrote:
nope, hoping you know more then i do Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa 84165

well lets make it happen then ! I wish i could get out of this valley more, the breakfast meet looks like alot of fun. i will make it one day, and thats no Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa 457151
Back to top Go down
TheFlying"W"

TheFlying

Bike : '03 WR450F, 2009 Vmax

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa   Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_minitime2/6/2010, 8:17 pm

Welcome Hemmi101! Hope to see you on the trail.

I guess I will commit myself by announcing it here. I am slowly working on putting a ride together for this summer sometime. 2 day event, with folks staying at my place if they wish. I have a pretty big piece of property with plenty of room for tent camping. I would like to head up Derby Canyon towards Entiat way, and another area I haven't decided on yet. There is a great little hillclimb right out my garage door that heads directly into the hills I haven't explored yet, but am hoping to tomorrow. If folks keep egging me on, I may actually get something organized. Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa 84165
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa   Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_minitime2/6/2010, 8:33 pm

TheFlying"W" wrote:
Welcome Hemmi101! Hope to see you on the trail.

I guess I will commit myself by announcing it here. I am slowly working on putting a ride together for this summer sometime. 2 day event, with folks staying at my place if they wish. I have a pretty big piece of property with plenty of room for tent camping. I would like to head up Derby Canyon towards Entiat way, and another area I haven't decided on yet. There is a great little hillclimb right out my garage door that heads directly into the hills I haven't explored yet, but am hoping to tomorrow. If folks keep egging me on, I may actually get something organized. Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa 84165

Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa 541814 Do it Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa 5543 Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa 870982 by chance if i can help let me know, i think this is great idea ! Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa 782732
Back to top Go down
Hemmi101

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa   Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_minitime2/6/2010, 9:24 pm

Well Flying W that sounds pretty interesting. My wife and I are over at Chelan at least 2/3 of the time (summers) in a cabin ( actually more of a shack) I built. So I will try to connect.

Shane, regarding Beehive reservoir Yes I grew up in Wenatcee and Beehive was the gateway to the whole Blewitt and Mission creek area. My Uncle owned Jumpoff Ridge so long before I was old enough for a license I was able to ride all over Colockum, stemilt and then sneak up to Beehive and over to Liberty. Is Mission creek and all that closed down for riding now? Hope not I hope to bring a bike over at the end of March and see what's there.

The last time I camped there I cleaned a trout with the tool kit from my Yamaha 80. That was 1970.
Well enough old stories. Don't want to get thrown off the site first day out! Hemmi (Earl)
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa   Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_minitime2/6/2010, 9:28 pm

Hey Hemmi101, nice to have you on the forum....welcome aboard! Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa 5543

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa   Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_minitime2/6/2010, 10:17 pm

Hemmi101 wrote:
Well Flying W that sounds pretty interesting. My wife and I are over at Chelan at least 2/3 of the time (summers) in a cabin ( actually more of a shack) I built. So I will try to connect.

Shane, regarding Beehive reservoir Yes I grew up in Wenatcee and Beehive was the gateway to the whole Blewitt and Mission creek area. My Uncle owned Jumpoff Ridge so long before I was old enough for a license I was able to ride all over Colockum, stemilt and then sneak up to Beehive and over to Liberty. Is Mission creek and all that closed down for riding now? Hope not I hope to bring a bike over at the end of March and see what's there.

The last time I camped there I cleaned a trout with the tool kit from my Yamaha 80. That was 1970.
Well enough old stories. Don't want to get thrown off the site first day out! Hemmi (Earl)

nope, mission creek is still open, the road washed out and i dont think it has been fixed yet, so deepending on were you want to go, you will have to go threw cahsmere or wenatchee, the road is washed out on the cashmere side of devils gulch. so the only way to get there is from the wenatchee side.

I grew up in cashmere so i know the derby, swakane area pretty well. i have rode all over the valley and i still havent hit everything yet.
Back to top Go down
RufusRide

RufusRide

Bike : 97 XR650L (NOW A 670)

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa   Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_minitime2/7/2010, 12:36 pm

Welcome from a Wenatchee rider.
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

Bike : XR650L , 990KTM

PostSubject: hello new old guy   Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_minitime2/7/2010, 7:10 pm

good to have ya sign in hemmi101, your about 90 miles south of me when your in chealan, maybe we can meet in the middle this summer an go for a spin? methow valley maybe.
Back to top Go down
oring212

oring212

Bike : 2011 ktm 450 exc

PostSubject: welcome   Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_minitime2/7/2010, 9:04 pm

Hows it goin, welcome!
Back to top Go down
Backwoods Boogie
Backwoods Boogie

Bike : XR650R - Concours 14

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa   Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_minitime2/8/2010, 7:08 pm

Welcome to the forum Hemmi101..... Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa 5543
Back to top Go down
Hemmi101

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa   Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_minitime2/10/2010, 7:04 am

Thanks for the welcome shoutouts thus far . As the weather improves i will try to contact some folks from this site and hopefully meet up. I'll especially be available in both West wa and Central Wa this summer, as I'm off work then (Schoolteacher)

Speaking of "off road," I'm thinking of taking my old Harley police trike over to Chelan to drop in on their sidecar ralley this spring. No, it's not exactly dual sport but the way the old thing drives It seems to want to head off the road all the time!

Locally (Bellingham) I did find some nice log road riding at the VanZant dike road (off mosquito lake road) near here. I suppose everybody around here knows about it and its not trails but I did manage to get the KLR a bit dirty last weekend. It seems to be open for riding as long as no one goes wild venturing off the numerous log roads. Anybody got any other Whatcom County suggestions?
Back to top Go down
hoffnasty

hoffnasty

Bike : 09 klr 650

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa   Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_minitime2/10/2010, 10:18 pm

cheers welcome new old Guy. I just bought a new klr also. I finally wore out the back tire so I'm going with dunlop 606s and do a lot more off road. My friend is from cashmere but other than taking the family to levensworth, I haven't explored any of that area. Moses lake isn't to far. I Would love to help with some rides in that area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa   Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from new old guy in Bellingham and Chelan Wa
Page 1 of 1