PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What I did today...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheFlying"W"

TheFlying

Bike : '03 WR450F, 2009 Vmax

What I did today... Empty
PostSubject: What I did today...   What I did today... Icon_minitime2/27/2010, 4:20 pm

I would like to have gone riding, but my new exhaust showed up late yesterday, so that is what I decided to do. For those that I have ridden with, you will probably recall that my stock exhaust was a little loud. Who am I kidding, there was no packing left in it, and it was ridiculous. So, I apologize for my previous transgressions, as for forgiveness, and hope I have not offended anyone.

I already had the FMF Power Bomb header, so I ordered up one of these, FMF Q4
What I did today... SANY1105
I also figured I would have to do some jetting, so I picked up a new main and pilot and an adjustable air screw.
What I did today... SANY1106
What I did today... SANY1104
What I did today... SANY1107
What I did today... SANY1108
What I did today... SANY1109

I always wondered why my bike seemed to run out of steam above 1/2 throttle, but since it always ran fine, I never took the time to look. As it turns out, I had a 145 main jet in there. Stock is a 160. Holy crap, no wonder it felt anemic. So off came the carb, new jets, air screw in, everything reinstalled, double check all the connections. Good to go, lets test ride.

First of all, it is WAY quieter than before. I really like it. Took it for a quick spin down the street, and holy cow, there is a top end! Before it would keep going, just no urgency in it. Now, it still pulls like a freight train right up to redline. Wow, what a difference. Can't wait to get it on the trail.

Changed the oil, greased the bearings, checked pressures, yadda, yadda. Anyone up for a ride soon?
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: What I did today...   What I did today... Icon_minitime2/27/2010, 7:55 pm

never mind the bike, when can i come over and play in the your shop! looks like it is set up real good ! What I did today... 5543

put the Q4 on mine, i like the sound ! not to loud but nice deep tones.
Back to top Go down
TheFlying"W"

TheFlying

PostSubject: Re: What I did today...   What I did today... Icon_minitime2/27/2010, 11:01 pm

Shane wrote:
never mind the bike, when can i come over and play in the your shop! looks like it is set up real good ! What I did today... 5543

put the Q4 on mine, i like the sound ! not to loud but nice deep tones.

LOL, my shop is adequate, and you are welcome to come by and use it any time. It is actually only a couple blocks from where you work.

And yeah, I like the Q4. Sounds pretty stock at idle, but stays very mellow all the way through the revs. Very happy so far.

BTW, we live in the same town, when are we getting together for a ride? Seriously?! LOL
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

Bike : XR650L , 990KTM

PostSubject: what i did today   What I did today... Icon_minitime2/27/2010, 11:49 pm

ahh. yes the old yammy ought to come to life now, i didn't notice that your bike was that loud, only because i couldn't hear it over my own gutted muffler.LOL
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: What I did today...   What I did today... Icon_minitime2/28/2010, 10:02 am

TheFlying"W" wrote:

BTW, we live in the same town, when are we getting together for a ride? Seriously?! LOL

i am ready to ride ! would love to go for a ride with you. the weather is starting to get nice so hopefully it melts all the snow in the hills around here. maybe we should plan on something this next month. i see your WR is plated ! What I did today... 5543
Back to top Go down
TheFlying"W"

TheFlying

PostSubject: Re: What I did today...   What I did today... Icon_minitime2/28/2010, 4:16 pm

Shane wrote:
i am ready to ride ! would love to go for a ride with you. the weather is starting to get nice so hopefully it melts all the snow in the hills around here. maybe we should plan on something this next month. i see your WR is plated ! What I did today... 5543

The weather has been great around here, but I just spent the day up the Colockum, and I can tell you there is still plenty of snow up there. Had to dig my brother out, and by the time we were finished down to the dirt, the hole was like 4 1/2 feet deep. It will be a while before we can get into the good stuff. But I am up for a ride closer to home anytime. As long as the weather holds out, we should get together in the next couple of weeks. And yeah, my WR is plated, the only way to go around here. Can't ride anywhere good without it.
Back to top Go down
TheFlying"W"

TheFlying

PostSubject: Re: What I did today...   What I did today... Icon_minitime2/28/2010, 4:19 pm

big jer wrote:
ahh. yes the old yammy ought to come to life now, i didn't notice that your bike was that loud, only because i couldn't hear it over my own gutted muffler.LOL

That, and you are way faster than me, and always way out front! LOL You really do amaze me how fast you ride that old 650L. It is a site to behold!
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: What I did today...   What I did today... Icon_minitime2/28/2010, 7:14 pm

TheFlying"W" wrote:

As long as the weather holds out, we should get together in the next couple of weeks. And yeah, my WR is plated, the only way to go around here. Can't ride anywhere good without it.

do you like star bucks, What I did today... 799451 cuz we could always start our own meet and greet there, we dont have any cool and good breakfast joints to meet at. and i love coffee ! plenty of seating out side (North ave. star bucks) . What I did today... 5543 i am also open to any other ideas.
Back to top Go down
TheFlying"W"

TheFlying

PostSubject: Re: What I did today...   What I did today... Icon_minitime3/1/2010, 7:32 am

Who doesn't like Starbucks? LOL But I beg to differ with you on cool breakfast places. I go to Smitty's at least once a week, and Jimmy's over in East Wenatchee is terrific. Good food, nice people, and great prices. Although not that great of a starting point for a dual sport ride. Let's pick a date....
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: What I did today...   What I did today... Icon_minitime3/1/2010, 7:40 am

hey "W", smittys would work. i always forget about them, i just dont go there often. let me talk to the misses about a weekened that would work, maybe we could shoot for the weekened after this one? i dont have a calender handy to see any dates. we should also try to avoid doing it on the same weekened as the tri cities meet and greet. just in case people want to do that one also.( I dont want to step on any toes !)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I did today...   What I did today... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What I did today...
Page 1 of 1