PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

To ride...

Go down 
+2
oring212
Inspector
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

To ride... Empty
PostSubject: To ride...   To ride... Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 4:38 pm

or not.

Just a passing thought. Then someone got me to thinking. Anyone else think about quitting?

I look at Chris's ride reports and think "Awesome!!", but I just don't have it in me anymore. I do a quarter of that and think it's WAY to much like work, and at my age work isn't much fun anymore. (Rode Tronsen ridge and more saturday, complained the whole time and now i'm complaining about hurting so much after) I used to enjoy the 0630 till 2100hours rides. Now I just think back and wonder why I just did that.

I'm cunfuddled right now

*it's ok, I still have a 1.9876 year plan. We'll see what happens in the meantime.

**That reminds me I need to post a couple of pics later too.
Back to top Go down
oring212

oring212

Bike : 2011 ktm 450 exc

To ride... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To ride...   To ride... Icon_minitime8/20/2012, 7:40 pm

Dude dont even think about quiting! I just got done playing in a softbal tournament that was from fri night and ended sun afternoon and it ran non stop. We play or first game at 130,300 730 1130 all AM, yes AM then 300 pm, then 130 am sunday then 300am then 730 am them 1030 am then we were eliminated, 3rd place. I got 5 hr sleep from friday am to sunday pm. I was tired and beat up, but i loved every bit of it eventhough i'm getting too old for it. My point is, if we listen to our bodies, we would never have fun. Naches will remotivate you and remind you how baddass it is!
Back to top Go down
dhally

To ride... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To ride...   To ride... Icon_minitime8/21/2012, 2:31 pm

Inspector wrote:
or not.

Just a passing thought. Then someone got me to thinking. Anyone else think about quitting?

I look at Chris's ride reports and think "Awesome!!", but I just don't have it in me anymore. I do a quarter of that and think it's WAY to much like work, and at my age work isn't much fun anymore. ....

As I've gotten older I enjoy the dual sport/adventure riding more, and the "carry your bike over the log" trail riding, less. It's also fun to lead some newbies on easy trails and routes.
Back to top Go down
Inconceivable

Inconceivable

Bike : 2010 KTM 530 EXC

To ride... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To ride...   To ride... Icon_minitime8/21/2012, 4:22 pm

I will be riding up to the point my butt is strapped into a wheel chair........ (hopefully from old age)To ride... 84165
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

To ride... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To ride...   To ride... Icon_minitime8/21/2012, 5:34 pm

Maybe you just need to re-think were you want to go with you bike riding. Sport touring, BMW GS? I cant ride like I use too, and I have been on a couple adv. rides and had a blast.. but dont give it up all together, its expensive to get back into once you sell your SH*@. I know, I have done it.. cry
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

To ride... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To ride...   To ride... Icon_minitime8/21/2012, 7:33 pm

Well...I already plan to sell. The stuff I have might be part of the problem. (it just won't be for quite awhile which is also part of the problem).
Back to top Go down
PeteN95

PeteN95

Bike : Honda XR650R

To ride... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To ride...   To ride... Icon_minitime8/23/2012, 2:20 pm

To slightly modify a Steve McQeen quote, although I am sure he would agree with this version too:

"Riding is life, everything before or after is just waiting!" deal
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

To ride... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To ride...   To ride... Icon_minitime8/25/2012, 7:01 pm

Went for a ride on the WR today. Only got one picture...not really something associated with DS's thou.

Hadn't been out riding that way in at least a year. Swear it's been two! Can't remember. One of the things I came away with is....my two bikes need to have a baby. Neither one is what i want. Something combined...Hmmmm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To ride... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To ride...   To ride... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To ride...
Page 1 of 1