PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newbie in the Whidbey Island area

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Roguenine1138

Roguenine1138

Bike : Honda CRF230M

Newbie in the Whidbey Island area Empty
PostSubject: Newbie in the Whidbey Island area   Newbie in the Whidbey Island area Icon_minitime1/28/2013, 9:34 pm

Hey everybody! My name is Jean, 24 years old and I'm new to this site. Bought my first motorcycle, 2009 Honda CRF 230M, last April. Went out on deployment shortly thereafter. Got home in December and it has been pouring rain since. Not to mention my husband isn't really into motorcycles so I ride alone and don't care for it that much. Been spending some time online day dreaming about riding later this year during the summer hopefully with others who enjoy the sport. Stumbled upon this forum and found pretty much what I was looking for! I am looking forward to meeting new people who have a love for dual sporting and making new friendships along the way. I have a few mods I want to do on my bike so ill head on over to that part of the forum and scope around. Thanks!

Dirt
Back to top Go down
Chris6_85

Chris6_85

Bike : 2013 KTM 500 EXC

PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the Whidbey Island area   Newbie in the Whidbey Island area Icon_minitime1/28/2013, 10:17 pm

welcome to the forum. i live over in anacortes. not to far away. during the summer myself and others go on dual sport rides all the time. right now i am riding up at walker valley every weekend. at the moment the conditions are iced over singletrack. once the snow melts and we are able to get out in the mts. there will be more dualsporting. do u have knobbies for the 230M? i highly suggested mt21s they worked great on my wifes 230L. hope you can join us for a grp ride when the snow melts. oh and as far as mods let me know what u are wanting to do.. like i said we have a 230L in the stables here. not much u can do but there is some things.
Back to top Go down
Roguenine1138

Roguenine1138

PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the Whidbey Island area   Newbie in the Whidbey Island area Icon_minitime1/29/2013, 6:06 am

yeah I've been to Walker Valley and love it over there. I went out there with my little KLX110L though. I haven't taken my 230 out there simply because I didn't have DS tires for it at the time. I picked up some Shinko 244 DS tires about a week ago after reading on a few other forums. Figured I would give them a shot. I need to take the bike in to have the tires changed since I dont have the facilities of my own to do it. As far as other mods, I would like to get a sleeker taillight and some decent hand guards. I've already got some saddle bags from DirtBagz as well as all the accessories that you can buy from Honda for it. Thought about painting the plastics but I'm on the fence about that.

Looking forward to some better riding weather and doing some group rides for sure!
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the Whidbey Island area   Newbie in the Whidbey Island area Icon_minitime1/29/2013, 3:31 pm

Welcome, HI!!
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the Whidbey Island area   Newbie in the Whidbey Island area Icon_minitime1/30/2013, 6:00 pm

Welcome from the dry side big
Back to top Go down
Roguenine1138

Roguenine1138

PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the Whidbey Island area   Newbie in the Whidbey Island area Icon_minitime1/31/2013, 3:11 pm

I see you are from wenatchee, lots of good riding over there I hear. Any trail suggestions for later this summer?
Back to top Go down
Chris6_85

Chris6_85

Bike : 2013 KTM 500 EXC

PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the Whidbey Island area   Newbie in the Whidbey Island area Icon_minitime1/31/2013, 6:10 pm

there is a lot of good riding over there. a lot of the peeps live far from us on this forum, how ever if u are looking for local single track rides visit thumpertalk forum and in the northwest section. there are g riding walker vally every weekend. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/33-northwest/. i try to ride there every weekend that i am not riding somewhere else.

chris
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the Whidbey Island area   Newbie in the Whidbey Island area Icon_minitime2/1/2013, 7:52 pm

There are a ton of trails over here. The forest service has trail maps with difficulty levels marked on them. They have maps for devils gulch area and the Entiat valley. I believe there on line also. I am not a trail guy. I fall over alot. See my avatar, thats what happens when i trail ride.
Back to top Go down
Relaytech

Relaytech

PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the Whidbey Island area   Newbie in the Whidbey Island area Icon_minitime2/2/2013, 8:04 am

Welcome to the forum!. And about the plastic, not a good idea to paint. It won't stay looking good for very long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the Whidbey Island area   Newbie in the Whidbey Island area Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie in the Whidbey Island area
Page 1 of 1