PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New motard rider in Whidbey..

Go down 
+2
T.Low
CPX
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CPX

New motard rider in Whidbey.. Empty
PostSubject: New motard rider in Whidbey..   New motard rider in Whidbey.. Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 11:44 am

JUst saying hello and wondering if any other tards are near by i have had lots of bikes but first tard i have a wr250x and love just picked it last tuesday. tons of fun. so hope to hear from some local riders catch you guys out there .
Back to top Go down
T.Low

T.Low

Bike : 2010 GasGas EC 450

PostSubject: Re: New motard rider in Whidbey..   New motard rider in Whidbey.. Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 12:48 pm

Welcome to the forum. How bout a pic of the motard.

Please forgive my ignorance, (I'm a new rider) and don't take this the wrong way, it's just that I don't really understand the motard: a dirt bike with street tires and street gearing. Can you dual sport it? Will you? In other words, if we invite you on dual sport rides that include fs roads, jeep trails, and single track, would you go? Just asking to get a grip on this bikes and their purpose.

All i really know is that I'd find way too many ways to get in trouble on a motard. Suspect

Thanks,

T.Low
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: New motard rider in Whidbey..   New motard rider in Whidbey.. Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 7:59 pm

welcome aboard, seems like its been a while since we have had a new member. spread the word to all of your moto buddies. maybe they will ad a section on this site for you motard guys ! if i had another dr650, i would tard it out !
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: New motard rider in Whidbey..   New motard rider in Whidbey.. Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 9:14 pm

Welcome! cheers
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: New motard rider in Whidbey..   New motard rider in Whidbey.. Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 6:56 am

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
CPX

PostSubject: Re: New motard rider in Whidbey..   New motard rider in Whidbey.. Icon_minitime10/12/2010, 7:54 pm

Thanks hopefully when i recover from my surgery tommorrow we can get together and ride thanks again for the welcome.
Back to top Go down
PeteN95

PeteN95

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: Re: New motard rider in Whidbey..   New motard rider in Whidbey.. Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 10:35 am

Tom, Supermotos kick ass, do you want to try and keep up with my XR again? I have a question for you, who hauls their dual sport to a ride in a trailer?
You better stick to kayaks. haha

Welcome, CPX.
Back to top Go down
T.Low

T.Low

PostSubject: Re: New motard rider in Whidbey..   New motard rider in Whidbey.. Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 10:53 am

I can see by looking at them that they kick ass; that's the entire problem! I don't get it! I'd lose my license before I finished my morning commute (and I'm a mild mannerred old fat guy!).

A dirt bike with street tires? Do you spend half the time looking for cops or do you just go for it? How do you not do lane splitting wheelies all day long?

I'd be a Hooligan to the tenth power. How do cops not pull you over for a pre-emptive ticket cause they know you're about to do something illegal as hell. How do you not end up on CNN helicopter footage as this month's spectacular police chase?

On a sport bike you can cruise around with your cool on and just putt I suppose, but not a motard. I'd be jumping out of my skin riding one at anything less than a full frontal attack.

Some one please explain to me how motards are supposed to work. scratch How are they not a string of broken laws waiting to happen?

I'm just asking...

Back to top Go down
PeteN95

PeteN95

PostSubject: Re: New motard rider in Whidbey..   New motard rider in Whidbey.. Icon_minitime10/15/2010, 12:20 pm

T.Low wrote:
A dirt bike with street tires? ...blah, blah...On a sport bike you can cruise around with your cool on and just putt I suppose, but not a motard.

I do not see how a Supermoto requires any less self control to ride on the street than a 180mph sport bike? I believe the saying "It is more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow" comes to mind. deal
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: New motard rider in Whidbey..   New motard rider in Whidbey.. Icon_minitime10/15/2010, 12:58 pm

Is it OK if I want to ride a slow bike slow?!? Cause I can and will and also do!
Back to top Go down
T.Low

T.Low

PostSubject: Re: New motard rider in Whidbey..   New motard rider in Whidbey.. Icon_minitime10/18/2010, 10:25 pm

PeteN95 wrote:
T.Low wrote:
A dirt bike with street tires? ...blah, blah...On a sport bike you can cruise around with your cool on and just putt I suppose, but not a motard.

I do not see how a Supermoto requires any less self control to ride on the street than a 180mph sport bike? deal

OK, PeteN; there may be a certain amount of truth to what you're saying... See below ('80's T.Low on the CBX- a lifelong Hooligan). I guess other people have been able to mature and exercise self control and I am too spastic to acheive that level. Sad More power to them. thumb

( Or maybe it's a simple as a weekly track day, I don't know.) scratch

New motard rider in Whidbey.. Wheelie

Congrats on the motard, CPX.
Back to top Go down
PeteN95

PeteN95

PostSubject: Re: New motard rider in Whidbey..   New motard rider in Whidbey.. Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 3:06 pm

Nice bike and wheelie, T! I never said I had that level of self control either!? ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New motard rider in Whidbey..   New motard rider in Whidbey.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New motard rider in Whidbey..
Page 1 of 1