PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Truck running like a champ!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Inspector

Truck running like a champ! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truck running like a champ!   Truck running like a champ! - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/22/2010, 8:34 pm

That's cool. Thank you for asking.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Truck running like a champ!   Truck running like a champ! - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/15/2010, 12:03 pm

Shane..I checked around and your friend is a little expensive, but really not out of line. Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but the wife bought me a cheap cover so I'll be forgetting about it for awhile Rolling Eyes
At a later date I may take the seat off and at least weld some shit up. Unsure

Here are the latest codes. big

57 axod circuit failure
57 axod circuit failure
33 throttle positioner sensor noisy/harsh on line
41 oxygen sensor circuit indicates system always lean
88 electro drive fan circuit failure
33 throttle positioner sensor noisy/harsh on line
41 oxygen sensor circuit indicates system always lean
88 electro drive fan circuit failure

*starting to not care so much since the truck is running just fine. Just want to keep her comfortable until it's time to put the girl down.

**the reason i was wondering is twice....Climbing over a pass and the truck runs fine. As soon as I hit the top of the pass and start down so the engine isn't working as hard....CE light comes on. Thought it was wierd. (or maybe weird).
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: Truck running like a champ!   Truck running like a champ! - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/15/2010, 9:02 pm

ok, this truck has a pre-historic computer in it. these can set what are called "ghost codes" the best way to find the code that is causing the problem is to clear the codes. and then drive for a while and re-check for codes. then if none, wait untill the CEL comes back on then you will need to immidietly pull code to see what is there. if the light comes on, do not turn the key off. try to pull codes first.

seeing all the codes you have leads me to believe that there is something glitching at one point and setting multiple codes. this can be tricky. if the truck is running fine most of the time, exept when going over a pass, it can be a hard one to diagnose do to the conditions it takes to set the code.

if i can remeber monday i will look into the codes a little. if the truck is running fine, tps and O2 codes usualy mean they need to be replaced. codes 57 and 88 have me confused, those may be dealer specific codes. the 1 is a start code. it means nothing other then the codes are going to repeat them selves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truck running like a champ!   Truck running like a champ! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Truck running like a champ!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3