PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
87xr250rGuy

Bike : Honda xr250r 1987

FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR! Empty
PostSubject: FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR!   FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR! Icon_minitime5/30/2010, 11:13 pm

Today I went on the first on road ride of the year!
I put on my right hand mirror (old one broke off)
I put on my new 2011 tabs :) and decided to hit the road
I did my pre ride check (oil level, tire pressure, chain tension/ oil, Lights, blinkers an GAS) after looking in the tank i realized there was about 1/4 inch of gas from last year in her...... Gahhh The gas station is about 4 miles from my house so I decided I was good to go thumb . needless to say I was on my way to the gas station when 3 miles in she started to sputter then died at about 40 mph. I put the choke on and she fired up and sputtered about 200 more feet.
I looked in the tank and the left side was dry but there was still some gas in the right side so I tipped her over on her side and managed to get enough gas in the carb to make the last mile!!! cheers

Needless to say I got a full tank and a good ride. I ham hoping to get out on the bike tomorrow. I only have a small list of things to do left!
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

Bike : XR650L , 990KTM

PostSubject: Re: FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR!   FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR! Icon_minitime5/31/2010, 11:38 am

FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR! 601673 i had to do that exact same thing on my return trip from prudoe bay coming in to coldfoot. with the after market over sized fuel tank i run on my 650 there is quite a bit of fuel to be had in that other side. glad ya made it FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR! 5543
Back to top Go down
YAMAHAULER

YAMAHAULER

Bike : '81 XT500H, 2005 XR650L, 83 Big Red

PostSubject: Re: FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR!   FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR! Icon_minitime5/31/2010, 12:33 pm

FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR! 234168
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

n16ht5

Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR!   FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR! Icon_minitime5/31/2010, 4:06 pm

finally! good ya made it buddy. lets go ride!! come over so we can fix my bike up now FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR! 84165
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

Bike : '07 KTM 525 EXC

PostSubject: Re: FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR!   FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR! Icon_minitime6/5/2010, 10:44 pm

I always love that feeling when the bike suddenly dies...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR!   FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR!
Page 1 of 1