PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dualsport school

Go down 
+2
Shane
Inspector
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Dualsport school Empty
PostSubject: Dualsport school   Dualsport school Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 7:03 pm

Don't they have one? Something way more advanced than an MSR course. LOL. Not as advanced as a full on Shane Watts school tho.

I was reading Dirtrider and the guy went to the Watts school. There are a few drills I wouldn't mind learning.
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

Dualsport school Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dualsport school   Dualsport school Icon_minitime12/31/2010, 7:46 am

scratch i would be intrested !

What is the MSR class? is that the course you take for a few days and then you just get your endoursment ? (we have something like that here on weekends in the summer.)

Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Dualsport school Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dualsport school   Dualsport school Icon_minitime12/31/2010, 9:19 am

Yeah, it's just an endorsement class for motorcycles.

*i do have a couple of friends that took a course, but the only thing of interest they learned was log hopping (which they still can't do). They mentioned that the beginning was so basic they lost interest and started goofing around.
Back to top Go down
Northwest Cajun

Northwest Cajun

Bike : KLR 685(GS)

Dualsport school Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dualsport school   Dualsport school Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 9:16 am

http://www.pugetsoundsafety.com/

Great bunch of guys and excellent instruction! They teach the entire array of classes. I've taken a Experienced Rider Course, Adventure Campout weekend and the GF has taken the Basic Motorcycle Course and Intermediate Dirt bike class. We are scheduled for the Basic Motorcycle Maintance class in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Enduroguy

Enduroguy

Bike : 08 KTM 530 EXC-R

Dualsport school Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dualsport school   Dualsport school Icon_minitime1/4/2011, 9:38 am

Inspector wrote:
Yeah, it's just an endorsement class for motorcycles.

*i do have a couple of friends that took a course, but the only thing of interest they learned was log hopping (which they still can't do). They mentioned that the beginning was so basic they lost interest and started goofing around.

I've seen you take your dual sport in the tight nasty world of Walker Valley and jump a few logs Inspector. I don't think you need any classes big
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/enduroguy35
Inspector
Inspector

Dualsport school Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dualsport school   Dualsport school Icon_minitime1/4/2011, 11:08 am

Haha...There are a few things I think would help even if only for the pure enjoyment.
Back to top Go down
Chris6_85

Chris6_85

Bike : 2013 KTM 500 EXC

Dualsport school Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dualsport school   Dualsport school Icon_minitime1/4/2011, 11:53 am

just set up some obsticles around ur yard such has 2x6 on the ground with blocks nailed to the 2x6 5-8 of them ever 3 to four feet. it will teach u balance and holding ur line while riding on that 2x6 and wheelies practicewheelies for balance.
Back to top Go down
Enduroguy

Enduroguy

Bike : 08 KTM 530 EXC-R

Dualsport school Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dualsport school   Dualsport school Icon_minitime1/4/2011, 2:13 pm

Chris6_85 wrote:
just set up some obsticles around ur yard such has 2x6 on the ground with blocks nailed to the 2x6 5-8 of them ever 3 to four feet. it will teach u balance and holding ur line while riding on that 2x6 and wheelies practicewheelies for balance.
What ever your doing sure seams to be working for ya Chris. I just point, shoot and hope for the best, too old to learn any better. :Slaphead: OrangeCoolaid
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/enduroguy35
Chris6_85

Chris6_85

Bike : 2013 KTM 500 EXC

Dualsport school Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dualsport school   Dualsport school Icon_minitime1/4/2011, 4:50 pm

i just pratice wheelies at home on occasion the 2x6 thing i seen on some adv post. at the moment i am here in hawaii, i had way to much sun and snorkled out. leaving tomorrow night for home. burrr i dont want to go home to the snow. im almost at the point i want to go ask the maintence guys if i can help mow the lawn or trim the trees. there is a lot of riding here on maui from what the locals say but i cant get my self a hold of a bike to rent, a lot of ktms over here,,,, drool drool drool when i here one go by. some day i will dipp into that orange koolaid. i just got to save some money. which is tough now days.
Back to top Go down
Northwest Cajun

Northwest Cajun

Bike : KLR 685(GS)

Dualsport school Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dualsport school   Dualsport school Icon_minitime1/4/2011, 6:31 pm

like this?
[url=Dualsport school 64799228
Back to top Go down
griz901

griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

Dualsport school Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dualsport school   Dualsport school Icon_minitime1/4/2011, 7:51 pm

Northwest Cajun wrote:

like this?
[url=Dualsport school 64799228

Looks like something I'd use to level my travel trailer out in the woods...

Devil

Seriously though, I had a ton of fun at our local MSR safety class a couple years ago. Instructors kept telling me to slow down, slow down, as I was dragging the pegs on that little DR200!! Bwaa aha ahahahahaha..

griz punk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dualsport school Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dualsport school   Dualsport school Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dualsport school
Page 1 of 1