PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Street Legal ORV

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Murray211

Murray211

Bike : YZ250F, TRX250R, TRX450R & CRF230M/L

Street Legal ORV Empty
PostSubject: Street Legal ORV   Street Legal ORV Icon_minitime2/10/2011, 7:06 am

Anybody seen this? I pulled it off another forum, and I've never heard of it:

You are receiving this email as a subscriber to the Initiative 960 email list.

SSB 5366, titled AN ACT Relating to authorizing the use of two or four-wheel, all- terrain vehicles on public roadways under certain conditions, has been passed by the Senate Committee on Transportation. The Office of Financial Management has identified this bill as requiring a ten-year projection of increased cost to the taxpayers or affected feepayers.

Ten-year projection:

The Department of Licensing (DOL) does not have information that can be used to estimate how many all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) would be registered under the provisions of this bill. Currently four-wheel, all-terrain vehicles are registered as a vehicle with the use class outdoor recreation vehicle (ORV). The ORV use class includes multiple vehicle types like dune buggies, dirt bikes, and ATVs. DOL does not collect information that would enable the identification/count of ATVs that would be considered eligible for registration under the proposed legislation. However, any ATVs registered under the provisions of this bill would represent new revenue to the state. The registration fee would be $30 plus the weight fee which for most would be $10. Plate fees are $10 plus a $2 reflectivity fee.
Back to top Go down
http://murray211.com
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

Bike : '07 KTM 525 EXC

Street Legal ORV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal ORV   Street Legal ORV Icon_minitime2/13/2011, 10:11 am

I'm going to research this some, but it seems kinda ass backwards to do this but then pull plates from bikes not titled as street legal.
Back to top Go down
Murray211

Murray211

Bike : YZ250F, TRX250R, TRX450R & CRF230M/L

Street Legal ORV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal ORV   Street Legal ORV Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 7:06 am

Nevermind got the scoop from WOHVA

Apparently there are 2-3 bills trying to go through so that ORVs can use non-paved roads (like FS roads) without needing a license in they travel under 35mph. This goes with the bill that was passed (2?) years ago that allows towns with populations under, I think it's 3k, to allow ORVs on the paved roads inside the city limits.

Also, if you haven't heard there is the Rally on Olympia February 25th. Bring your toys and show the Capital that you exist and you want to ride...

Street Legal ORV 2011_Rally_Flyer_v1.4.
Back to top Go down
http://murray211.com
Sponsored content

Street Legal ORV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal ORV   Street Legal ORV Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Street Legal ORV
Page 1 of 1