PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another wenatchee DS ride ?

Go down 
+10
PeteN95
RENO
jeffpack1957
reid
KatoomVictim
Inspector
Ken Phipps
big jer
Shane
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shane

Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

Another wenatchee DS ride ? Empty
PostSubject: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 8:24 pm

I was just woundering if any of you would be intrested in another wenatchee area DS ride/meet and greet. I had alot of fun last year and would like to do it again. maybe in late may, early june to get out of the muddy stuff. If so, were would you out of towners like to ride. we rode from wenatchee to leavenworth and back last year. we could do leavenworth to entiat or wenatchee to ellensburg. There are a ton of roads and places to go. do some looking and give me some ideas. There is also a cool look out called sugar loaf, it would be the lake wenatchee/leavenworth area.

we could even do leavenworth to lake chelan.

just testing the waters.
Back to top Go down
big jer

big jer

Bike : XR650L , 990KTM

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 11:03 pm

lurk thumb
Back to top Go down
Ken Phipps

Ken Phipps

Bike : 2006 Suzuki DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 6:22 am

I"m interested. Don't really have any suggestions. I have riden the Colockum Pass route from Eburg to Wenatchee. Did not care for it. Not very scenic and the road is very rocky in places. Would also like to get you guys down here to Yakima. My favorite ride is from Chinook Pass over to White Pass via Timberwolf Lookout. I posted the ride last year but only had local participants.

The Old One
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 7:43 am

you can take the liberty road from ellensberg to wenatchee. much better then the clockum. better views and nicer roads. pluse some nice places to pull off and take pics. there is a cool medow that you go by (i forget its name, Haney medows maybe). you cant ride D.B.'s in it. There is also another road from ellensburg but i would have to look at a map. I would like to try and keep this trip big bike friendly. If some one would want to lead a single track group that would be cool to. i lknow there is a ton of single track all over. our tracks could meet at certain spots ? (that could get difficult to plan)
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 7:51 am

In another month or so I should be changing out tires for the DS season and would be down for a ride. Hopefully I have new tires, but if this is big bike friendly than I guess it doesn't matter. Evil6
Back to top Go down

Bike : '82XL500R

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 7:33 pm

I would be interested. Breakfast again and off riding? Troy341
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 7:46 am

341 wrote:
I would be interested. Breakfast again and off riding? Troy341

thats kinda what i am thinking about, or maybe do lunch instead ? always open for ideas. breakfast seems to be the thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 8:02 am

Shane..when you get this nailed down can you PM me a route? I'm thinking about doing something a little different this time depending on where you go. Maybe meeting you someone on the route.
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 7:13 pm

Inspector wrote:
Shane..when you get this nailed down can you PM me a route? I'm thinking about doing something a little different this time depending on where you go. Maybe meeting you someone on the route.

Will do, would like to make it another full day event. Trying to think of a good stageing area maybe up the valley ( Peshastin/Leavenworth area.) kinda thought i would stop and talk to the bike shop there in Peshastin, Timberline is the name, and see if they would let us meet there. They have a area to park and unload, plus they have little cabins to rent if someone would want to come over the night before. they even have gas, and even MC parts ( like beer). I will see after i talk to them.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 7:38 pm

Yeah, Liz and her old man run the place. Good peeps.
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

Bike : '07 KTM 525 EXC

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 12:23 pm

They don't have gas anymore, and when they did you could bet it would be 30 cents more per gallon anywhere else. Good cold beer though beer
Back to top Go down
reid

reid

Bike : 2005 ATK450en (Cannondale)

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 11:03 pm

I live in Leavenworth and have ridden several of the roads and trails right from my back yard. Single track and fire roads all the way up to Sugarloaf lookout. Breakfast in Plain. Then back to Leavenworth has been a good ride.
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime2/18/2011, 7:37 am

reid wrote:
I live in Leavenworth and have ridden several of the roads and trails right from my back yard. Single track and fire roads all the way up to Sugarloaf lookout. Breakfast in Plain. Then back to Leavenworth has been a good ride.

good idea, never thought of plain. give me some ideas for a rout, meeting place ect. we could even show people what the happy cloun is all about ! i have never been from sugarloaf to plain/lakewenatchee area. i could make it from the look out but i dont know were exactly it comes out at.
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime2/18/2011, 7:40 am

GOOSE CREEK!
Back to top Go down
jeffpack1957

Bike : 2009 wr250r

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime2/20/2011, 11:12 am

If there's no pavement, and Fire Road and Trail, I'll come.
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime4/9/2011, 9:34 pm

OK, so I am thinking of starting in Cashmere, head up Nahahum to Chumstick mountain and then along Entiat Summit road to mills canyon, then up The entiat river road to eat at Ardonvore and then up Mad river to Sugarloaf look out, then into lake wenatchee and back to cashmere via hwy 2. This would be BIG bike friendly. Let me know what you all think. If you like it I will put together a map ( if I can ) . I started to, and the frikin computer locked up.

Or, we could do the WABDR rout from Ellensburd to Cashmere or the Cashmere to Chelan route.

I would like to keep the pavement pounding down but that can be tough to do sometimes.

Also, nothing is in stone, so i am always open to suggestions.

Still thinking the middle of May, to the middle of June?
Back to top Go down
RENO

RENO

Bike : 07 KLR 650 2012 Cristini AWD 450DS

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 12:08 pm

Shane wrote:
OK, so I am thinking of starting in Cashmere, head up Nahahum to Chumstick mountain and then along Entiat Summit road to mills canyon, then up The entiat river road to eat at Ardonvore and then up Mad river to Sugarloaf look out, then into lake wenatchee and back to cashmere via hwy 2. This would be BIG bike friendly. Let me know what you all think. If you like it I will put together a map ( if I can ) . I started to, and the frikin computer locked up.

Or, we could do the WABDR rout from Ellensburd to Cashmere or the Cashmere to Chelan route.

I would like to keep the pavement pounding down but that can be tough to do sometimes.

Also, nothing is in stone, so i am always open to suggestions.

Still thinking the middle of May, to the middle of June?

before june 18 and id be in. Dirty face in levenworth is the 18th. it would be nice to get an area warm up ride. im 2.5 hrs away from cashmere so i think i would truck it from tacoma if there was a decent spot for unload.
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 6:10 pm

Ok, this route is from cashmere to entiat over entiat summit road to mills canyon then to ardenvour and up mad river and over french coral to sugerloaf lookout. From sugarloaf we could go into lake wenatchee or back into eagle creek and into leavenworth. Lots of places to explore. we dont have to stick to this route either. Depending on weather, last year we ran into snow and mud at the middle of may !

This is a fun easy ride. We can work out the details later. Lots of parking in cashmere.

I am thinking Saterday June 11 or saterday may 21. I am open for memorial day weekend if anyone was intrested in doing the ride that weekend.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=E+Nahahum+Rd&daddr=Nat+for+Dev+Rd+7415+to:Entiat+Summit+Rd%2FNatl+Forest+Develop+Road+5200+Rd+to:Entiat+Summit+Rd%2FMills+Canyon+Rd%2FNatl+Forest+Develop+Road+5200+Rd+to:Mad+River+Rd+to:French+Corral+Rd%2FNatl+Forest+Develop+Road+5800+Rd+to:French+Corral+Rd%2FNatl+Forest+Develop+Road+5800+Rd+to:Entiat+Summit+Rd%2FNatl+Forest+Develop+Road+5200+Rd&geocode=Fb4t1QIdcuHR-A%3BFYpR1gIdyFjS-A%3BFben1gIdzavS-A%3BFQ9Z1wId-YvU-A%3BFVBm2AIdFGTT-A%3BFaEZ2AIdVsPR-A%3BFeTw1wIdrhnR-A%3BFb7K2AIdFM3Q-A&hl=en&mra=mr&dirflg=w&sll=47.757966,-120.527972&sspn=0.011742,0.0421&ie=UTF8&ll=47.630231,-120.41153&spn=0.376666,1.347198&z=10

Back to top Go down
PeteN95

PeteN95

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime4/12/2011, 2:51 pm

I might be up for a ride there, great area!
Back to top Go down
Enduroguy

Enduroguy

Bike : 08 KTM 530 EXC-R

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime4/14/2011, 10:26 am

Check out http://www.pnwds.com/t1036-lake-wenatchee-to-lake-chelan-and-back-9-25

Had a decent dualsport ride from Lake Wenatchee to Lake Chelan and back. We went through Plain on the way.

Here are some GPS tracks http://ridewithgps.com/trips/111491

Gonna be a lot of snow for a few more months though.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/enduroguy35
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime4/14/2011, 12:02 pm

lurk
Back to top Go down
jeffpack1957

Bike : 2009 wr250r

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime4/14/2011, 6:10 pm

I'd be game for this, just stay off the pavement though. Memorial I'm going to Conconully, April 23rd Sand Creek, but open otherwise.

Looks like alot of riding in that area.
Back to top Go down
Shane

Shane

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime4/14/2011, 8:27 pm

How does May 21st sound. lets nail down a date. then work out the details !

Last edited by Shane on 4/14/2011, 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oopps !)
Back to top Go down
KatoomVictim

KatoomVictim

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 7:05 pm

I'm pretty sure that's the opening weekend for Goose Creek, so I may be out. But that's an awesome route so... Damn you Shane!
Back to top Go down
Enduroguy

Enduroguy

Bike : 08 KTM 530 EXC-R

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime4/19/2011, 10:17 am

KatoomVictim wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's the opening weekend for Goose Creek, so I may be out. But that's an awesome route so... Damn you Shane!
I might have to meet ya at Goose Creek and head up Alder Ridge with ya some time KatoomVictim. I get over there pretty often. My folks live on Lake Wenatchee and I dual sport that area with my Father in Law over to Chelan, Cashmere etc but sure do love that trail system as well, just don't know my way around there other then getting to Mad Lake and back.

Tracks from Goose creek http://ridewithgps.com/trips/108310
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/enduroguy35
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another wenatchee DS ride ?   Another wenatchee DS ride ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another wenatchee DS ride ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next