PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harris Park - In search of the snow line. Edit: Video Added

Go down 
+4
T.Low
oring212
Enduroguy
Hodakaguy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Empty
PostSubject: Harris Park - In search of the snow line. Edit: Video Added   Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Icon_minitime6/5/2011, 9:11 pm

We decided to head to Harris Park for the day and see how far up we could get before the snow stopped us. With all the snow pack and the warmer weather there is a good chance this ride would be muddy and wet as well. We loaded up the bikes and headed out early Sat morning. I have a LOT of video footage from the trip, Trever and I both wore helmet cameras for the ride so I will post up a video as soon as I get the time to play with the editing deal

First stop was the mom and pop diner in Milton Freewater for some grub.

YamWOW! ordered his traditional chicken fried steak big

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added 2011-06-04_09-12-46_41

First picture from the trail was taken at the airplane. There were lots of swollen stream crossings and rutted out switch backs before we got to this point (vids to come). We ran into another group of riders here and stopped to rest and chat for a while. A couple of the riders tried climbing the big rock hill that branches off from the plane wreck...didn't get any pics but did get some vid.

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01070

Mamacone and his home brew kick stand big ...sitting next to whats left of the Cessna 150 Sad

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01075

Taking a break on the trail

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01087

Self Shot big

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01084

Found the snow line. This is just short of Cow Camp, Mamacone and Novocaine decided to forge ahead and see how far we could get.

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01092

Novocaine improvised his own kickstand here poser

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01097

Relaytech blasting through the snow

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01101

And getting a little help from Mamacone to get out big

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01106

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01108

YamWOW! and Oring blasting through

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01111

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01112

At Cow Camp, this is as far as the snow would let us get. We stopped here to rest a bit, grab some lunch and prepare to head back down.

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01113

Novocaine's 530 at Cow Camp.

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01117

On the way back down I stopped to take some shots at one of the many stream crossings.

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01122

Novocaine crossed through the stream and while we were waiting for the others to show up he decided to move a large rock that was just waiting to take someones chain guide out of service.

First he tried the stick/leverage method big

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01126

Not having much luck with the stick method he resorted to good old arm power.

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01127

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01129

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01128

YamWOW! crossing the stream and watching for the next rider

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01130

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01138

Oring crossing the stream....Uh Oh! Oring's knee was really feeling it from his previous surgery, He put up with a lot of pain on this ride. His bike was also running really crappy....not wanting to idle and stalling easily.

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01133

Relaytech and Novocaine jumping in to help out thumb

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01140

Mamacone heading across with his smoker.

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01142

Since Oring's bike wasn't running that great and his knees were killing him Novocaine offered to take his bike across the next crossing.

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01144

And the bike stalled out again Doah

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01145

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01146

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added DSC01147

Relaytech and Novocaine will post up their pics soon. I'll get the vid up asap. It was a great ride!

EDIT:

Ok here are some video highlights from the trip. Watch in 1080P for best picture.

Hodakaguy bananna

Last edited by Hodakaguy on 6/7/2011, 4:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Enduroguy

Enduroguy

Bike : 08 KTM 530 EXC-R

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park - In search of the snow line. Edit: Video Added   Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Icon_minitime6/6/2011, 6:13 am

Looked like a great time, I enjoyed the pics and report. Thanks thumb
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/enduroguy35
oring212

oring212

Bike : 2011 ktm 450 exc

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park - In search of the snow line. Edit: Video Added   Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Icon_minitime6/6/2011, 10:27 am

I had a great time. I just want to thank you all for your patience and for helping me out( which was alot) I really wanted to ride Harris park but my body wasnt quite ready for the unexpected events i constantly encountered( crappy running bike, irregular idling, failing front brake) to mention a few. my right knee is definately stronger after kicking that bike a billion times. I need an estart for sure. I'll be 100% prepaired next ride i promise. Thank you all once again............. Atleast I gave some good footage for the camera. thumb
Back to top Go down
T.Low

T.Low

Bike : 2010 GasGas EC 450

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park - In search of the snow line. Edit: Video Added   Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Icon_minitime6/6/2011, 11:13 am

At first it looked warm and dry...then it looked wet and cold. Then really wet and really cold! But it certainly looked like a great way to spend the day.
Back to top Go down
novocaine

Bike : 11 ktm 530 XcW six days

PostSubject: great day   Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Icon_minitime6/6/2011, 3:07 pm

it was a great day. Never wet and cold really. It was 82 up there, and perfect. O-ring did great. his knee and his bike were not helping that day, but I have to hand it to him. He did not quit! Once his bike was running better it was easier, but by then his leg was worn out!

Breakfast was great! I won't try the two pancake meal again. those were huge! Might have to try the chicken fried steak next time!

We rode to the plane, took a break for a bit, then rode to cow camp and ate. got to go around a tree or two, through a bunch of snow at the end, and over several creeks! Everybody's favorite was the switcbacks with a rock filled creek at the crux of the turn. good times.

Mamacone got attacked by a Ruffed grouse. I'll have to see if my helmet cam footage of that came out well. Same bird tried to attack Hodakaguy on the way back! Maybe it's an environmentalist in disguise!

Can't wait to go back! but this time I will wear bug proof armor! twice I had to nearly completely disrobe because of some stupid biting fly or something that found it's way in my shirt and was eating me for lunch. I almost caused a pileup with Hodakaguy the first time. I hit my brakes so fast and started to pull of layers while that bug was tasing my under my shirt! Good laughs!

Last edited by novocaine on 6/6/2011, 3:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
T.Low

T.Low

Bike : 2010 GasGas EC 450

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park - In search of the snow line. Edit: Video Added   Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Icon_minitime6/6/2011, 3:20 pm

I hear ya on the Ruffed Grouse. One got to me on my mtn bike once. Little fawker drew blood within an inch of my eye. I finally had to knock him silly with my rear deraiIleur to make my getaway ('Dude, you've got feathers in your chain ring...") I thought I was in an Alfred Hitchcock movie or something.
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
YamWOW!

Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park - In search of the snow line. Edit: Video Added   Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Icon_minitime6/6/2011, 6:39 pm

oring212 wrote:
I had a great time. I just want to thank you all for your patience and for helping me out( which was alot) I really wanted to ride Harris park but my body wasnt quite ready for the unexpected events i constantly encountered( crappy running bike, irregular idling, failing front brake) to mention a few. my right knee is definately stronger after kicking that bike a billion times. I need an estart for sure. I'll be 100% prepaired next ride i promise. Thank you all once again............. Atleast I gave some good footage for the camera. thumb
Everyone has a problem with a bike or something else all the time . It was just your turn that day. You had a good attitude that's all that matters.
Back to top Go down
novocaine

Bike : 11 ktm 530 XcW six days

PostSubject: a few more pics   Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Icon_minitime6/6/2011, 9:09 pm

Gathered at the Harris Park Hotel, getting ready to enter "the Gauntlet"

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Shack2

We met up at the Cessna, and a few other riders there. Some were climbing "clutch eater" hill.

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Huddle

Mamacone and one of his many "kickstands"

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Planestand

Hodakaguy going up and over the final snowbank where I "parked" my 530. "I am not stuck, Imeant to do that"

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Upandover

Hodakaguy, a KTM 530 missionary, loving the snow!!

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Darkknight

Is there anything better than 2 KTM 530s? I guess 3 is better, but Perry wasn't here for the pic!

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Pairof530s

Mamacone "smoking". At least he doesn't drink! :) (unless you count two-stroke)

Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Smoker
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park - In search of the snow line. Edit: Video Added   Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Icon_minitime6/7/2011, 4:46 am

Great pics...nice to see me in a couple of shots big

I added the video footage from the ride to the bottom of the original post. thumb

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Relaytech

Relaytech

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park - In search of the snow line. Edit: Video Added   Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Icon_minitime6/7/2011, 8:33 pm

Had a great time at Harris Park again. This is one of my favorite places to ride! (Except for all those darn hikers. Gahhh )
I don't have much for pics or vids, but I do have this one from my Droid:

Back to top Go down
leelikesbikes

leelikesbikes

Bike : FE 650 CR250

PostSubject: nice   Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Icon_minitime6/13/2011, 10:28 pm

sorry i missed you guys, i live here in wally world and ride in the blues at quite a bit, i'd love to hook up with you guys next time. i was just up there on friday and theyve got a track hoe buffing out the bear creek trail, kind of a shame, i was able to pull off one of my favorite loops for the first time this year though, so its all good. -lee cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harris Park - In search of the snow line. Edit: Video Added   Harris Park - In search of the snow line.  Edit:  Video Added Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harris Park - In search of the snow line. Edit: Video Added
Page 1 of 1