PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3-06 solo ride to Reiter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

3-06 solo ride to Reiter Empty
PostSubject: 3-06 solo ride to Reiter   3-06 solo ride to Reiter Icon_minitime3/6/2009, 3:14 pm

Well nobody wanted to go with, so did it solo. Probably a good idea since I am so slow. lol
The pics totally suck shinola since it the phone camera. Ruined my other one and nobody will buy me one, (i'm too cheap and broke right now).

*First pics are the worst.

Here is getting the equipment ready last night.
This is my gas caddy to carry in my backpack. Figured it must be ok since it was used to store acidtone. Too bad the lid is not leakproof.
3-06 solo ride to Reiter Firsttry017

Now getting the gps ready. Pics don't do it justice. Used string trimmer line to tie it to the bars. lol
3-06 solo ride to Reiter Firsttry015
3-06 solo ride to Reiter Firsttry016

*oops, gotta go pick up my son. Will finish in a little.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: 3-06 solo ride to Reiter   3-06 solo ride to Reiter Icon_minitime3/6/2009, 5:08 pm

Anyway, took a pic of the car as the bike was warming up. It was about 31deg as I left for Reiter this morning.
3-06 solo ride to Reiter 3-6-09soloride001

Wanted to do the Index Wall thingy, but wasn't sure about the map i had. Found a couple of roads when I got out there, but they either ended up in rock-crawl territory or didn't go the way i wanted (or thought i wanted).
3-06 solo ride to Reiter 3-6-09soloride002
3-06 solo ride to Reiter 3-6-09soloride003
Followed that one and came to this. Could have kept going up the hill, but didn't think that's where I wanted to go. Turns out I could have done that i think.
3-06 solo ride to Reiter 3-6-09soloride004

First puddle I came to. Crossed with no problem.
3-06 solo ride to Reiter 3-6-09soloride005

Didn't take any pics of me getting lost on the asphalt road I came to. Got all turned around until I finally realized I needed to go further up it. Finally found the NF road and really started getting up in elevation.
Few random pics of snow and riding conditions.
3-06 solo ride to Reiter 3-6-09soloride008
3-06 solo ride to Reiter 3-6-09soloride007
3-06 solo ride to Reiter 3-6-09soloride006

Creek crossing that is only a couple inches deep and a log damn/earth barrier. Easy going.
3-06 solo ride to Reiter 3-6-09soloride013
3-06 solo ride to Reiter 3-6-09soloride012

There where lots of puddle crossings, but this was the longest and deepest. Wasn't too bad until the middle and then along with the water there must have been a couple inches of mud under it.
3-06 solo ride to Reiter 3-6-09soloride009

Kept going until it got hard to make out the trail. Rough going. Some spots had to go around fallen trees. For some reason no pic of said tree. Don't know what happened.
3-06 solo ride to Reiter 3-6-09soloride011
Trail seemed to dead end at this cliff/very steep valley.
3-06 solo ride to Reiter 3-6-09soloride010
Looked around but couldn't find the trail in all the snow. Wasn't until I turned around and got back down to the bottom when I figured out, that was probably the end. I was supposed to hike up the last bit. doh. Next time.

Road home, took a couple of detours looking for a perticular road (that I didn't find). Legs and feet where freezing when I got back. Started to take off my clothes when I found this little guy after he fell of my sock.
3-06 solo ride to Reiter 3-6-09soloride014

Lastly. When I was at the Very top, I hit the save button on the GPS, so I could figure out where I was and get a pic of that also. As it turned out, i needed to hit the save button twice and didn't. No proof I actually made it anywhere!!
Good tiimes!
Back to top Go down
XCR500Rider

XCR500Rider

PostSubject: Re: 3-06 solo ride to Reiter   3-06 solo ride to Reiter Icon_minitime3/6/2009, 6:04 pm

Nice report. I haven't ridden up there for almost 20 years! I raced a couple of hare scrambles up there. Thats funny you mentioned the Index thing, another site that I read that has to do with hiking, talks about a semi type of ghost town up there called Garland. I was going to ride over and check it out, then I looked on Google Earth. Holy hell! Thats a 3 hour ride for me! Maybe when it warms up! Thats cool man. thumb
Back to top Go down
OMR

OMR

PostSubject: Re: 3-06 solo ride to Reiter   3-06 solo ride to Reiter Icon_minitime3/6/2009, 8:25 pm

Looks like you had a good ride Inspector. My mother inlaw used to live at GoldBar and I always thought there had to be some good riding out and around there if Reiter is the pit near GoldBar.
Back to top Go down
Inspector
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: 3-06 solo ride to Reiter   3-06 solo ride to Reiter Icon_minitime3/6/2009, 9:38 pm

Yeah, used to be called Rieter Pits. As far as I know it's actually Rieter ORV park now. I don't know if it's officially an ORV park, but it seems to be maintained like one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3-06 solo ride to Reiter   3-06 solo ride to Reiter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3-06 solo ride to Reiter
Page 1 of 1