PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cleaned the chain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Inspector
Inspector

Bike : Beta 400rr

Cleaned the chain Empty
PostSubject: Cleaned the chain   Cleaned the chain Icon_minitime11/28/2009, 6:19 pm

today. I don't know whether I have just been neglecting it or whether it was the sand from last weekend. Damn, it was so bad I actually had to take the rear tire of and dunk,scrub,dunk,rotate, a section at a time to get it clean. Had to leave in the middle of the job to clean someones gutters. By the time I got home to finish up it was getting dark, so don't know how good of a job i did. Don't hear the grinding I did before thou.

I also noticed some rust on my spokes. Never noticed it before. Not sure if it's also from the sand, or maybe overspray from the kerosene has pitted it. Looks kind of funny cause it's on one side of the spokes not all the way around each one. Kind of like moss is thicker on the North side of a tree kind of thing. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

Cleaned the chain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaned the chain   Cleaned the chain Icon_minitime1/17/2010, 5:09 am

Give this a try. A fellow member (Relaytech) turned me on to this stuff. It's Dupont Multi Use Teflon Spray. Works great and doesn't attract dirt like motorcycle specific chain lubes do. There was a shootout in one of the motorcycle magazines a while back and it got very good reviews. You can buy it at your local hardware store ect.

I see they now have a Chain specific formula out, also available is hardware stores....Click Here For The Review And More Info

I've been using it for a while now and it works great, and the chain stays WAY cleaner Cleaned the chain 541814

Cleaned the chain Dupontchainlubes

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
RufusRide

RufusRide

Bike : 97 XR650L (NOW A 670)

Cleaned the chain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaned the chain   Cleaned the chain Icon_minitime1/19/2010, 7:42 pm

I was going to ask the same thing, but got an answer already.
Thanks HDguy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cleaned the chain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaned the chain   Cleaned the chain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleaned the chain
Page 1 of 1