PNWDS - PNWDualSport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"BIG" bore piston Upgrade....TONS of HP!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

"BIG" bore piston Upgrade....TONS of HP!!!! Empty
PostSubject: "BIG" bore piston Upgrade....TONS of HP!!!!   "BIG" bore piston Upgrade....TONS of HP!!!! Icon_minitime2/11/2010, 7:03 pm

I had this posted over at another site and thought I would paste it here also. It's my old XRR.

Now If I could just get it to fit I could develop some serious HP! Just think of the low end grunt, of course picking the bike up after it falls over may require a fork lift "BIG" bore piston Upgrade....TONS of HP!!!! 84165

"BIG" bore piston Upgrade....TONS of HP!!!! Img1634

Of coarse a serious HP upgrade like that might require a stronger chain also....

"BIG" bore piston Upgrade....TONS of HP!!!! Img1652e

I cut a plate and used this piston as a vise stand. Works great "BIG" bore piston Upgrade....TONS of HP!!!! 5543 The bare piston weights 400 lbs!

"BIG" bore piston Upgrade....TONS of HP!!!! Img1627n

The piston is out of a Ingersoll Rand KVS natural gas fired engine that drives two compressors. We did a rebuild a few years ago and had to change out three of the pistons so I brought one home to make a vice stand out of.

The engine is a V6 and makes 1000hp at 330 rpm. It was originally installed in the 1950's and is still running strong (been overhauled several times). It has about 145,000 hours on it now averaging between 40,000 - 50,000 hrs between overhauls. The 12 cylinder version is double that at 2000hp at 330 rpm. They are a lot of fun to work on.

Here's the 6 cylinder version, one of the heads are off in this pic.

"BIG" bore piston Upgrade....TONS of HP!!!! Img2476dv9

Here's me and the 12 cylinder version, twin turbo's.

"BIG" bore piston Upgrade....TONS of HP!!!! IMG_0557

Here's a shot of me and a power rod.

"BIG" bore piston Upgrade....TONS of HP!!!! Img2508ho4

Inside the crank case taking crank thrust readings. The power rods are removed in this pic so the power pin is wrapped in cardboard to keep it from getting scratched.

"BIG" bore piston Upgrade....TONS of HP!!!! Img2578wj7

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
big jer

big jer

Bike : XR650L , 990KTM

"BIG" bore piston Upgrade....TONS of HP!!!! Empty
PostSubject: "big" bore piston upgrade   "BIG" bore piston Upgrade....TONS of HP!!!! Icon_minitime2/11/2010, 7:26 pm

i'm thinkin ya might want to go with electric start too, don't think the ol kick starter will whurl her over quite fast enough. oh "BIG" bore piston Upgrade....TONS of HP!!!! 59444 can you imagine if it kicked back!!! that kick starter would launch you in to orbit.
Back to top Go down

"BIG" bore piston Upgrade....TONS of HP!!!!
Page 1 of 1